Looking for a new mattress, what kind of mattress y'all sleeping on? VOL. You get what you pay for!

So me and the wifey went to RC Willey yesterday looking for a new bed frame. We also decided to look at some beds, we saw the Tempur-Pedic beds and we were excited to go lay in one because of all the great reviews we've been hearing.

sick.gif
It was a let down! Felt like laying on a blanket on cement for the first 3 seconds, then sinking in for the next 2 minutes. Just wasn't for us!

Then the sales people recommended laying down on their new 'revolutionary' Beauty Rest bed, which is like a mix of memory foam, 4 inch thick gel and cushion. It was alright but wasn't impressed!

But then we laid down one those Aireloom 'Eurotop' beds
pimp.gif
Now THAT was comfortable as !*%+! So I guess we're into the whole fluffy/comfy 'sleeping on a cloud' type of beds.

Recommendations?

In for responses i slept on the mattress at a crowne plaza and it was the best mattress ive slept on.

I bought a cashmere pillowtop from Sleepy's (I think) for like 7 or 8 bills. On sale from like 11 or 1200. One of the best purchases I've ever made.

Sealy Posterpedic here...

Got one of those "no-turn" pillowtop joints that are nice and firm, but with a bit of softness...

Also...

Get duckfeather pillows...and goosefeather duvets...and minimum 100 thread count linen.

Best Decision I've EVER made...

It's all a trick they usually all feel good at the store when you lay on them for a few minutes. Dropped a G on a new mattress cause it was great at the store after a few nights my back was all jacked up. A couple of months later saw my aunt that worked there and asked how I liked it and told her it was the worst 1000 I ever spent. Then she says I should have told her they have a 30 day return policy. Smh

Simmons Beauty Rest. Make an investment and get the best bed out there OP. You only use it what? 1/4 to 1/3 of the day? Nothing better than sleeping on a great bed man!

Originally Posted by SunDOOBIE

Simmons Beauty Rest. Make an investment and get the best bed out there OP. You only use it what? 1/4 to 1/3 of the day? Nothing better than sleeping on a great bed man!

Oh trust! Price isn't the issue, as long as it's not outrageous! I seen a bed at RC Willey for $8,000
sick.gif
and a free barbeque grill.

But I am looking for a comfortable bed. I'm looking into Pillow/Euro Top beds.

Maybe you laid on one of the cheaper Tempur-Pedics? I have a tempur cloud supreme and it's the best money I ever spent... damn near impossible to stay awake on that thing. 

I know a guy who works at a mattress firm and he said although the really expensive beds cost more than most and you think your getting tr best product, their just about the same as a regular mattress ( not a really cheap one ) a medium priced one

Originally Posted by FedExciter

why didnt you just get the one the was ''comfortable as ***! '' ???

Because the comfortable as %%$! one was $4500... and wanted to see if NT had any input.

This is my bed. I stayed at the W on a business trip and loved it so much I copped. I copped with a discount since I frequent their hotels, paying retail is probably a bit high. Totally love the bed.

http://www.whotelsthestore.com/item.asp?curr_item_id=6&cat_subcat_id=10
The W Bed - Plush Top Mattress
Made exclusively for W Hotels by Simmons. This hotel quality mattress features Visco Memory Foam and Pocketed Coil[emoji]174[/emoji] springs to give you a wonderful night's sleep. Designed with excellent firm support to cushion your pressure points in just the right way

Originally Posted by HybridSoldier23

This is my bed. I stayed at the W on a business trip and loved it so much I copped. I copped with a discount since I frequent their hotels, paying retail is probably a bit high. Totally love the bed.

Made exclusively for W Hotels by Simmons. This hotel quality mattress features Visco Memory Foam and Pocketed Coil[emoji]174[/emoji] springs to give you a wonderful night's sleep. Designed with excellent firm support to cushion your pressure points in just the right way

laugh.gif
 I did the exact same thing.  I like staying at the W when I travel cause I like their beds, so I decided to just get a W bed for the house too.

I got a Tempurpedic a year ago and I'm very happy with it. First I got the AdvantageBed but damn that thing was just way too firm, couldn't believe a bed like that existed for the price. I know some like it but damn that felt sleeping on carpeted floor when it hasn't warmed up enough. So I returned it, exchanged it for the CloudSupreme and it was so much better. Well worth the price, it's almost perfect for me.

Originally Posted by HybridSoldier23

These beds go on sale regularly, atleast twice a year they go for about 40% off that price, keep an eye out on slickdeals.

I have the Sealy Posterpedic that I bought at Costco. Only reason I bought is be because I knew I could return it if I didn't like it

Back
Top Bottom