Looking for a T-Mobile Employee to help me out. (Will Paypal a few bucks)

hit my pm
nerd.gif

cliffs:
-didn't get a rebate card for feb. 11th sale. instead, they credited me $250 on my account
-want to use $200 of that to cancel my contract, then pocket $50 (hopefully?)
-after I pay the ETF, i wanna buy a new phone from tmobile.com (they have a sale on the htc amaze, free.99 w/ new contract)
-trying to see if I can keep my number

Are you swiching carriers from T-Mobile? If so, I would go with Verizon. Not the best plans but their coverage is unbeatable. The only one who can compete with them is AT&T. T-Mobile is awful. Sprint has awful coverage. So stay away form those two

Cop the 4S, Galaxy Nexus, or Note. Can't go wrong with any one of them

Originally Posted by af1 1982

Are you swiching carriers from T-Mobile? If so, I would go with Verizon. Not the best plans but their coverage is unbeatable. The only one who can compete with them is AT&T. T-Mobile is awful. Sprint has awful coverage. So stay away form those two

Yeah. I hate T-Mobile's customer service. Took me 3 weeks to get anywhere with this rebate. Just fed up in general. I had my eyes on the Lumia 900 (You can get them for free.99 with AT&T,) but I've been trying to think of how I can come up on a Note.

I'd be selling this Samsung Galaxy S-II as well, so assuming I can get a buyer getting the Note shouldn't be an issue.

Note looks way too big for a cellphone IMO
sick.gif

As far as deals, check and see if any of the carriers give you a discount through your employer

Originally Posted by LuckyLuchiano

You want to cancel tmobile, to then buy a phone on contract with tmobile?
Yeah man.
roll.gif
I know it sounds weird but that's exactly it. Here's the deal:

T-Mobile was doing a sale in Feb, buy any smart phone with an unlimited call/text/data plan for $250 and get a $250 rebate later. My upgrade just so happened to be in Feb so I got the deal, not realizing that I would have to change my plan to include unlimited call/data (i had unlimited before, but it was capped at 2g instead of 5g like the new one.) I applied for the rebate, got denied, and basically was forced to change to the unlimited call/text/data in order to get the $250 rebate.

My plan is to go ahead use the $250 to cancel my contract (ETF is $200,) then pocket the $50 because I don't want to pay a $100+ monthly phone bill
sick.gif
. But I don't have a problem with their service and liked the old plan that I had. I was looking around for a new phone to get after I cancel and saw that they're having a sale on the HTC Amaze, and I can get it with my old plan (which is $70/month).

So basically, I got $250 from T-Mobile for signing up for a $100+/mo bill.
I'm going to use $200 of that $250 to cancel my contract.
THEN, I'm going to get a nice phone (HTC Amaze) for free with a cheaper bill ($70/mo) with T-Mobile.

Basically, I'm getting $50 to get a new number, new phone, and a cheaper bill.

Originally Posted by af1 1982

you became i troll when you said at&t is good service
roll.gif

-Open the new account
-Port your exsisting # from your exsisting account to the New account.
-Once everything is set on the New account, proceed to cancel the Old account.

Originally Posted by kalikid23

-Open the new account

you can't port a number that is already in a company, you can only port to outside companies.
Just Add A Line to your account and cancel the old one. Problem solved.

Originally Posted by Yeah

You want to cancel tmobile, to then buy a phone on contract with tmobile?
Yeah man.
roll.gif
I know it sounds weird but that's exactly it. Here's the deal:

T-Mobile was doing a sale in Feb, buy any smart phone with an unlimited call/text/data plan for $250 and get a $250 rebate later. My upgrade just so happened to be in Feb so I got the deal, not realizing that I would have to change my plan to include unlimited call/data (i had unlimited before, but it was capped at 2g instead of 5g like the new one.) I applied for the rebate, got denied, and basically was forced to change to the unlimited call/text/data in order to get the $250 rebate.

My plan is to go ahead use the $250 to cancel my contract (ETF is $200,) then pocket the $50 because I don't want to pay a $100+ monthly phone bill
sick.gif
. But I don't have a problem with their service and liked the old plan that I had. I was looking around for a new phone to get after I cancel and saw that they're having a sale on the HTC Amaze, and I can get it with my old plan (which is $70/month).

So basically, I got $250 from T-Mobile for signing up for a $100+/mo bill.
I'm going to use $200 of that $250 to cancel my contract.
THEN, I'm going to get a nice phone (HTC Amaze) for free with a cheaper bill ($70/mo) with T-Mobile.

Basically, I'm getting $50 to get a new number, new phone, and a cheaper bill.
Im sure you can restart your contract once you do the early contract termination

Originally Posted by kalikid23

-Open the new account

you can't port a number that is already in a company, you can only port to outside companies.
Just Add A Line to your account and cancel the old one. Problem solved.
pimp.gif
will be trying this, thanks man.

Originally Posted by TomDiginson

Originally Posted by Yeah

Im sure you can restart your contract once you do the early contract termination
nerd.gif
  how?

Tmobile USe to let you crate sub accounts, where you could get 2 diff bills but tied to one SSN, but I think they stopped doing it, but if they still allow it do that, instead of the normal add a line, incase there is a balance on the account after canceling .

Back
Top Bottom