Looking for midsole painting advice

Hi guys, i've been trying to dig my hands into restoring some of my sneakers recently and was wondering if i could get some advice in regards to repainting midsoles. Below are some pics of my cg 4s that i repainted the other day. I started by taping it down acetoning the entire midsole. Then i did about 8 or so coats of paint. The problem is that I think the paint job came off a bit bumpy. I was wondering there is something i should do differently to not get such a bumpy result
View media item 931123View media item 931125View media item 931126

Please excuse the paint marks on the bottom and suede. There was a bit of leakage from the tape. I cleaned most of it it off but you obviously still see some marks

maybe a better brush would give you better results, and when i do my restorations/customizations i dont use tape because i dont trust the paint not getting underneath it unless you use maybe an airbrush to apply it. so a better brush and super thin coats should help but in all honesty they look perfect from 4+ feet away anyways

As the other member suggested, practice free hand. I don't trust the tape either because it just doesn't provide a solid seal all around to keep the paint out of areas you dont want. You can also use smaller brushes where the suede meets the midsole. I usually use thin pencil like brushes for hard to get areas, chisel tips for edges and big areas. Straight brush tip= straight lines. Theres a method i use. Ill hir you up in a while

Back
Top Bottom