Lopez Tonight Sucks

I don't have a problem with his Latino humor, that's obvious his heritage and his audience, it's the same as any black comedian and their comedyaimed at a black audience.

My problem is that he doesn't have the universal appeal and humor that a great comic needs. The great ones can still speak to their whole audience, notjust the target demographic. And how he's on a nightly talk show where all he's doing is his stand up routine, and it just doesn't work.

I also don't want to watch an hour every night of Lopez making weird faces and his awkward movements. Right now it's just too awkward and uncomfortableto watch his whole show.

Show is boring, and even his best jokes aren't going to make me really laugh.. maybe crack a smile.

I just don't see a need for this show at all - it's like TBS is going out of their way to try to draw in black people with all the Tyler Perry crap,and now latinos with George Lopez... like, by going way over the top though.

Whole thing just feels too contrived... i hate how he is constantly throwing in spanish phrases, like to prove that he's legitimately latino or something.It's not necessary.

it has it's moments

I do understand where you're coming from though, he kinda needs to tone down on all the 'ethnic' talk. Sometimes he's too OD

Originally Posted by Craftsy21

Show is boring, and even his best jokes aren't going to make me really laugh.. maybe crack a smile.

I just don't see a need for this show at all - it's like TBS is going out of their way to try to draw in black people with all the Tyler Perry crap, and now latinos with George Lopez... like, by going way over the top though.

Whole thing just feels too contrived... i hate how he is constantly throwing in spanish phrases, like to prove that he's legitimately latino or something. It's not necessary.

I agree, and thats my gripe. Never really a fan of Lopez, however never hated the man. He seems like a cool cat to me, especially since he's an avidgolfer.

Personally, I feel that if the show laid low on all the racial jokes, and latino debauchery going on, the show would be much better. He has to have the worstintro in talk show history!

I like him.. the only thing that bothers me sometimes is all he talks about is mexican *#%@. and thats coo cus hes chicano or whatever but it gets oldafter awhile.

its aight.
why is she in all read though??????????
take that farmer color off and throw some dodger blue on ya dig.

^ yea they got it twisted. Got her talking like a scrap lookin like a ena.
smh.gif

on another note, Arsenio is on right now and i kinda miss his show

wait, now this dude is talking about how he used to smash Paula abdul lol

not the best but its not totally unbearable to watch for me

carlos mencia is much much worse. dude is terrible

Originally Posted by Air Bonilla 23

Originally Posted by SIRIUS LEE HANDSOME

I said it before and I'll say it again - he's too "ethnic"

It works for his standup comedy (which I really like), but not as a host of a late night program such as this. It's kind of a bad look imo.

On point. You don't see Letterman or Leno exploiting the white race. This dude is embarrassing Latinos. I hope this !*#* gets canceled quick.

co-sign

and im mexican

the hair is on POINT
laugh.gif

on another note, i think Hispanics enjoy more of his stuff because they know what his Spanish phrases mean and know what he talking about and canrelate
laugh.gif

Its funny, I to thought of him as corny at times. But then again so is Conan and Jimmy Fallon. I usually just watch Jimmy Kimmel he's naturally funny(imo).

I just think he has to get comfortable. I remember watching Jimmy kimmel
when he just started and it was terrible to watch.

Everything seems so rehearsed and forced.

Back
Top Bottom