**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

Lot more spot up shooting from Bron when he's out there with Westbrook. (since he can't/won't do it :smh: )

In three games Bron is shooting 48% from 3. He's looking more and more comfortable with that set shot letting em go with any space. Want to see how his percentages hold as you get closer to all-star break and the later dog days of the season. Usually he stops giving a **** and his numbers drop.

Still don't get why they didn't grab James Ennis for another wing to start the season. Outside of those two 3s against GS, Avery Bradley looks power washed. When Ennis was healthy, even on a bad Magic team, he was decent as a 3+D wing.

Reactions: DLF
Russ is gonna be good for AD. Russ will push it, draw attention and kick it to AD for a nice mid range shot.

Lot more spot up shooting from Bron when he's out there with Westbrook. (since he can't/won't do it :smh: )

In three games Bron is shooting 48% from 3. He's looking more and more comfortable with that set shot letting em go with any space. Want to see how his percentages hold as you get closer to all-star break and the later dog days of the season. Usually he stops giving a **** and his numbers drop.

Still don't get why they didn't grab James Ennis for another wing to start the season. Outside of those two 3s against GS, Avery Bradley looks power washed. When Ennis was healthy, even on a bad Magic team, he was decent as a 3+D wing.
Money

the only reason they brought AB was because of his non-guaranteed contract status. They can drop him before I think sometime in January and only pay like couple hundred thousands.

Signing ennis and then dropping him or another player with a guaranteed deal costs Jeanie 7-10 million dollars

common sense would suggest they will soon be forced to waive both Bradley and one of their 19 point guards (prob Ellington a la Troy daniels) and sign two wings. Longer they wait the less cohesion they get. Maybe pick up ennis and Mathews. Can play ad lebron ennis baze Russ. Automatically get quicker younger and slightly bigger.

team is atrocious on defense and in allowing offensive boards bc they are a bunch of midgets.

let’s see what happens.

Yeah, I get it. After the Caruso ordeal, I understand Buss is trying to save where they can. It's just weird when you need the wins/chemistry now. If someone sucks after the buyout deadline, you're stuck with him for the strecth run.

Ennis, Wes Matthews, Rondae Hollis Jefferson **** even Mike Scott all fit a need moreso than AB. I understand they're familiar with Avery, but it's just a weird way to go about things right now.

Probably end up waiving Sekou or Jay Huff. It looks like you only get 2 two ways, after that it takes up a spot and I think their salary is guaranteed at a certain point. I would've just got Ennis, then waited till a Kieff level buyout then waive one of the two ways.

Who knows how things are going to end up, however. First W so everyone feels good. Hopefully VogelBron continues to experiment and see what they can get out of guys, particularly who can play off Westbrook. DJ gonna end up planted to the bench like in BRK. AB probably gets waived when Nunn/THT/Elligton come back and they determine what to do on the wing afterwards.

Yeah, I get it. After the Caruso ordeal, I understand Buss is trying to save where they can. It's just weird when you need the wins/chemistry now. If someone sucks after the buyout deadline, you're stuck with him for the strecth run.

Ennis, Wes Matthews, Rondae Hollis Jefferson **** even Mike Scott all fit a need moreso than AB. I understand they're familiar with Avery, but it's just a weird way to go about things right now.

Probably end up waiving Sekou or Jay Huff. It looks like you only get 2 two ways, after that it takes up a spot and I think their salary is guaranteed at a certain point. I would've just got Ennis, then waited till a Kieff level buyout then waive one of the two ways.

Who knows how things are going to end up, however. First W so everyone feels good. Hopefully VogelBron continues to experiment and see what they can get out of guys, particularly who can play off Westbrook. DJ gonna end up planted to the bench like in BRK. AB probably gets waived when Nunn/THT/Elligton come back and they determine what to do on the wing afterwards.
Non of those buy out guys are eligible for 2 way contracts and no way they take a 2 way deal even if allowed. Consider the 2 way guys set. That won’t change.

Like russ setting screens and short rolling to the rim.
Probably look alot better with ariza spacing the floor.
AD looks out of shape still.

Uw-jxPS7iUdHWMTJFQmJecRJCvMfQvrUMVv1YcvYuEY.jpg

Offense is gonna be flowing once we're all healthy.

Last year, Bron & AD had to be on point every game in order for us to have a shot. We had to rely on KCP or Kuzma to pick up the slack. This year if Bron or AD is off, we have Russ, Melo, Bazemore, THT, Monk or Nunn. In the event that Bron or AD have off games, one of those guys in any game should be able to pick it up and help out. So I'm not worried about the offense. The defense is what worries me.

This is the type of stuff that pisses me off and it's even more disheartening because Russell Westbrook has been the league for a dozen years and still doesn't recognize that this is a terrible shot he should never take.

If Westbrook isn’t the most popular player on the team by seasons end, we ain’t winning didley

This is the type of stuff that pisses me off and it's even more disheartening because Russell Westbrook has been the league for a dozen years and still doesn't recognize that this is a terrible shot he should never take.

to be fair
that shot was a heat check

Is it me or does Westbrook miss a lot of layups at this stage of his career that he used to make? Sometimes I think I’m watching D Fish out there attempting layups

Back
Top Bottom