Los Angeles Rams are coming home thread (1/12)

Rams Single-Game Tickets on Sale Thursday, July 28 at 10 a.m PT

Posted Jul 26, 2016

By TheRams.com

A limited number of Los Angeles Rams single-game tickets will be made available on Thursday, July 28 at 10:00 AM PT on Ticketmaster. Purchase Link Here

“Our fans have welcomed us home to Los Angeles with great passion and we are pleased to be able to offer them an opportunity to purchase a ticket to experience Rams football in-person during this historic season,” said Rams Vice President Jake Bye. “Starting August 13, when we host the Dallas Cowboys at the Coliseum for the first NFL game in Los Angeles in 21 years, we look forward to our fans creating the best home field advantage in the NFL.”

The Rams announced earlier this month that they had sold through the 70,000 season tickets made available for 2016 home games at the Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum. The Rams received 56,000 season ticket deposits during their “Welcome Home” campaign that launched in January. Deposit holders who were not able to purchase season tickets had priority to purchase single-game tickets over the past few weeks. The Rams also held back single-game tickets to give more fans an opportunity to attend a game.

The Clear Bag Policy will be in effect for all games at the LA Memorial Coliseum this year. The Rams strongly encourage fans to not bring any type of bags, but outlined below is what is permissible. Fans will be able to carry the following style and size bag, package, or container at stadium plaza areas, stadium gates, or when approaching queue lines of fans awaiting entry into the stadium:

• Bags that are clear plastic, vinyl or PVC and do not exceed 12” x 6” x 12.” (Official Rams clear plastic tote bags are available through club merchandise outlets or at nflshop.com), or
• One-gallon clear plastic freezer bag (Ziploc bag or similar).
• Small clutch bags, approximately the size of a hand, with or without a handle or strap, may be carried into the stadium along with one of the clear bag options.
• An exception will be made for medically necessary items after proper inspection at a gate designated for this purpose.

Prohibited items include, but are not limited to: purses larger than a clutch bag, coolers, briefcases, backpacks, fanny packs, cinch bags, luggage of any kind, seat cushions, computer bags and camera bags or any bag larger than the permissible size.

Whem does Hard Knocks start? I can't believe we actually have a team. I was watching the news the other day and they were interviewing some of the players. These guys look like they're loving being in LA :lol: :pimp:

Whem does Hard Knocks start? I can't believe we actually have a team. I was watching the news the other day and they were interviewing some of the players. These guys look like they're loving being in LA :lol: :pimp:
me either! Man I CAN NOT WAIT FOR THAT NEW STADIUM THOUGH! I'm driving by it on the way home at least once a week to see the progress of it lol.

count me as one thats not as pumped about the new stadium. Prices are going to be outrageous. My current 8 tickets might not even amount to 2 in Inglewood.

count me as one thats not as pumped about the new stadium. Prices are going to be outrageous. My current 8 tickets might not even amount to 2 in Inglewood.
Bruh, you must ain't been to the Coliseum in forever. That place is a DUMP!

http://variety.com/2016/biz/news/rams-los-angeles-nfl-memorial-coliseum-1201811523/

The facility is in such a state of decrep- itude that it’s hard to believe it can house an NFL team, even for a few years. The paint is fading and chipped. The concourse is narrow and cramped. The bathrooms are unrenovated. The seats are sun-bleached. Cellphone reception is poor. There are no luxury boxes or club suites, and few handrails. The electrical and plumbing systems need repair. The concession stands have no kitchens, so they don’t offer much more than hot dogs and nachos. There are leaks in the locker rooms.

The Los Angeles Rams have already sold 70,000 season tickets
Think LA doesn't care about the NFL? You're absolutely incorrect.

Since the day it was announced that the Rams were moving to Los Angeles, the biggest question surrounding the team was a simple one: Would anyone in LA care? After all, the LA area already has two professional baseball, basketball and hockey teams, not to mention UCLA and USC, so the question of whether LA really needed the NFL seemed valid.

Whether LA "needs" a team is a question for another day, but on Wednesday we got the answer to whether it "wants" one. The answer is a resounding "yes" as the LA Times reported that the team has already sold out it's full allotment of 70,000 season tickets.

Yes, you read that correctly: 70,000. Here are more details from the LA Times:

After getting approval from the NFL to move from St. Louis to Los Angeles, the club spent two weeks collecting $100 deposits from people interested in buying season tickets for 2016. Each deposit holder was permitted to buy as many as eight season tickets.

Those deposit holders were contacted in waves on a first-come, first-served basis, and roughly 24,000 of them bought the entire allotment of 70,000 tickets. By the time the franchise got through the first six hours of deposits, the season tickets were gone.

Mercy!

Clearly, this a major step in the right direction for the Rams, and an incredible sign for the overall health of the organization, especially when you consider that the team won't even move into its brand-new Inglewood Stadium until the 2019 season.

Not surprisingly, folks within the Rams organization seem to be very happy with the progress as well.

"To sell out of season tickets in the first six hours upon our return to Los Angeles is both humbling and a reminder of how excited Angelinos are about the return of the Rams and the NFL," Kevin Demoff, Rams chief operating officer, said in an email to The Times. "As both Los Angeles' first pro sports team and its newest sports team, the bond between this team and the community is evident and strengthening each day."

What will be interesting to see, are the overall effects of this news going forward.

One, it will be curious to see if the Rams can keep the excitement of the NFL going, even if they have a down year this season. It's one thing to sell 70,000 season tickets when the team is brand new to the city. It will be another if they go say, 7-9 (like they did last year) and can maintain those numbers.

What will be equally interesting to see is if those high season ticket totals entice either the Chargers or Raiders to try and make the move to the LA market as well.

Last edited:
Just watched hard knocks. I'm so ready for the season. Finna grt me some Dondald and Gurley jerseys :pimp:

Bruh, you must ain't been to the Coliseum in forever. That place is a DUMP!

http://variety.com/2016/biz/news/rams-los-angeles-nfl-memorial-coliseum-1201811523/

The facility is in such a state of decrep- itude that it’s hard to believe it can house an NFL team, even for a few years. The paint is fading and chipped. The concourse is narrow and cramped. The bathrooms are unrenovated. The seats are sun-bleached. Cellphone reception is poor. There are no luxury boxes or club suites, and few handrails. The electrical and plumbing systems need repair. The concession stands have no kitchens, so they don’t offer much more than hot dogs and nachos. There are leaks in the locker rooms.

Bro, i went to USC and have season tickets. I LOVE the Coliseum. Its not state of the art by no means, but it means a lot to me and has so much history and tradition. I don't need the frills these new stadiums provide. I go to watch my teams play, not because they have a pirate ship in the end zone, or a pool.

I couldnt care less about paint fading, concourse is narrow, seat are sun bleached, no luxury box/suites, and few handrails. Lets be real. the worst part of the stadium is the cell phone reception.

Have you ever watched a game at the Coliseum? If not, i can't discuss it with you. It truly is a great place to watch football.

And my original comment isn't a knock on a new stadium. I just know i won't be able to get 8 tickets like i do now because prices will be 5x's more.

Just watched hard knocks. I'm so ready for the season. Finna grt me some Dondald and Gurley jerseys :pimp:

Thought the first episode was slow. If anything, it just affirms my dislike for Fisher. I'll never be on board with him. Would sacrifice another 7-9 season just to see him get fired. Its time.

Donald man, what a beast. I want to get his jersey but I'm sticking to the past. Got my Dickerson, Bruce, Faulk, Warner, and Everett jerseys on deck and ready.

WTF?!?! Rams are wearing all white at home for the season, with the exception of 2 games, which they will wear the classic jerseys worn in their previous stint. Legit could be wearing all white in 14 out of the 16 regular season games

Might be a small thing, but I'm highly disappointed.

Bro, i went to USC and have season tickets. I LOVE the Coliseum. Its not state of the art by no means, but it means a lot to me and has so much history and tradition. I don't need the frills these new stadiums provide. I go to watch my teams play, not because they have a pirate ship in the end zone, or a pool.

I couldnt care less about paint fading, concourse is narrow, seat are sun bleached, no luxury box/suites, and few handrails. Lets be real. the worst part of the stadium is the cell phone reception.

Have you ever watched a game at the Coliseum? If not, i can't discuss it with you. It truly is a great place to watch football.

And my original comment isn't a knock on a new stadium. I just know i won't be able to get 8 tickets like i do now because prices will be 5x's more.
Or course I watched plenty of SC games there, real question is have you been to a NEW STADIUM? Went to Jerry world and I was BLOWN AWAY! You have no idea how much better the new stadiums are vs a stadium that's nearly been built a CENTURY AGO!!!

yeah, i really don't care much for new stadiums. I don't need it. I'm sure its spectacular, but i go to the stadium, grab said beverages and food, and sit my *** down in my seat. I don't walk around stadiums.

Again, would rather play in a rough stadium and be able to buy tickets than to have a new stadium but pay 5x more. Does that make sense?

New stadiums just mean you're paying for it in everything related to just going to the game.

born and raised in SoCal and will be checking out the coliseum my first time this sat... 
mean.gif

yeah, i really don't care much for new stadiums. I don't need it. I'm sure its spectacular, but i go to the stadium, grab said beverages and food, and sit my *** down in my seat. I don't walk around stadiums.

Again, would rather play in a rough stadium and be able to buy tickets than to have a new stadium but pay 5x more. Does that make sense?

New stadiums just mean you're paying for it in everything related to just going to the game.
Bro stadium so bad they don't even have a FREAKING KITCHEN!!! serving cold hot dogs and nachos only! 10000000% pay more for the new stadium than watch a game in a DUMP!

Bro stadium so bad they don't even have a FREAKING KITCHEN!!! serving cold hot dogs and nachos only! 10000000% pay more for the new stadium than watch a game in a DUMP!

agree to disagree. I tailgate and cook my own food before the game. You want a kitchen to cook you crap. I'm good with that.

Have you really been to USC games though? THere's PLENTY of food there that you can get? You can get BBQ, Mexican food, just to name a few things. External vendors that are in the inside of the stadium, near the entrances to the tunnel.

born and raised in SoCal and will be checking out the coliseum my first time this sat... :smh:

damn. If you can, go to the tunnel where the players come down. Gives me chills everytime. Going to be weird seeing my Rams coming down that tunnel. Been going there since 1982 watching USC players and opponents come down that historic tunnel.

Back
Top Bottom