Los Angeles. Things To Do

Gunna be going to LA during spring break. First time going. Going to be staying in east LA (Is that a good area?) which is kind of far from beaches and hollywood but pretty close to downtown. Should I spring for a rental car? I heard lyft's are pretty cheap compared to NY. How is parking around the touristy places my airbnb has a parking spot but thinking about when going out if its going to be a headache or expensive

Would definitely not stay in East LA. Stay on the westside or dtla

east la is good for eating. not really a place to go out for night life. if you want to be going out at night, definitely stay west of downtown or in downtown. but like a poster mention. east la isn't too far from downtown.

Last edited:
I live in east la, specifically Boyle Heights. It's not as bad as people think. Good thing is you're close to downtown LA. Close to the arts district.

We only plan on hanging out at our spot in East la and maybe grabbing some food from local spot's. Me and my Bros plan on hitting downtown and Hollywood to go out def not east la. It doesn't seem like there is too much going on there

We only plan on hanging out at our spot in East la and maybe grabbing some food from local spot's. Me and my Bros plan on hitting downtown and Hollywood to go out def not east la. It doesn't seem like there is too much going on there

yeah east la is more a neighborhood and not a commercial hub. definitely check out the food trucks that sell ceviche & mariscos

Honestly, I don't think parking is that expensive unless you park in one of those business buildings. Parking/driving downtown sucks. But other than that I've never had a problem with parking. Just look for a lot with decent prices and you should be good to go. In Santa Monica you can also park in the structure for the mall and it's not even that expensive. Plus you're super close to the beach

you can easily park in a residential area and leave your car there over night without having to pay. I can't really think of any in downtown (most street parking is with meters), but there are a ton of them in hollywood and east la.

actually there is a neighborhood not too far from staples where there is free street parking.

Last edited:
East LA is not bad.

You're really close to art district. You're actually in a great location. Hollywood up north, Long Beach to the south, Pasadena to east and. Santa Monica to the west

Honestly, I don't think parking is that expensive unless you park in one of those business buildings. Parking/driving downtown sucks. But other than that I've never had a problem with parking. Just look for a lot with decent prices and you should be good to go. In Santa Monica you can also park in the structure for the mall and it's not even that expensive. Plus you're super close to the beach

Santa Monica was like $4 parking in a garage.

NYC is like $65.

Even Beverly Hills parking was easy.

LA heads name good food spots.

I know Eggslut. brus Wiffles,

What else? Where to go for the best authentic Mexican food?

ill have to go try it

east LA isnt that bad anymore. if you're staying in boyle heighs you'll be good

that area is being gentrified rn :lol: |I

dont do this. dont ever do this.

if you want good tacos in LA dont go to King Taco or Tacos Mexico ever :lol:
King Taco is goooood. I go there whenever I come back from the Paramount swapt meet.

Tacos Mexico on the other hand is cheeks.

Back
Top Bottom