Losing my Mom

Unfortunately a few days ago I lost my mom at the young age of 50. She lives about 2 hours away from me but we tried to spend as much time as we can together. On Wednesday got the call from my uncle she was being rushed to the hospital for indigestion. Few hours later they were trying to pump her heart. At 800pm I rush there in an Uber(car is in the shop). Got there at 10pm to my family surrounding her as they notified me she passed on at 915pm.

I know a lot of you probably have felt with loss . At this point I hit moments of sadness. Specially when I was holding her hand bedside. But it fully hasn’t hit me. I expect her to still call me back when I text her or be at her house when I walk in drinking a coffee watching TV. As we were making calls for arrangements and funeral services it still hasn’t hit. It started to hit me a little while making her a GoFundMe page while writing the description.

How do you guys deal with loss? Does it just hit u like a sledge hammer? Or it just never feels real ?

Thank you guys. Been here for over 10 years and I rarely post. NT takes up most of my day. Feel comfort here.

RIP Mom Lori Cuneta

Sorry to hear my dude

I lost my grandfather a couple months ago, and was actually the first funeral I ever went to. Probably one of the roughest experiences in my life. But while it was hard .. I didn't really feel anything? Maybe just empty? I don't know.

Loss is a hard feeling to explain, I suppose everyone experiences differently.

Condolences to you and your family.

OP, I am so sorry for your loss. Praying for you and your fam during this difficult time.

Take it one day at a time and reach out to close friends/fam to allow you to vent and share your thoughts. If you need to talk just send me a DM, I got your back.

When my grandma passed away, it took me a while to fully accept it and to this day I still think of the last time I spoke with her hours before she passed.:frown:

Sorry for you loss my brother. I cant imagine what the feels will be like when the time comes. Head up and tap in to that memory bank

Man that hurt my heart bro. May your mom rest in peace. Honestly just let it hurt and time will slowly heal everything. Just keep remembering the great times with her and laugh. Laugh as much as you can. Do something great with your life for her and for yourself.

Just give yourself time.

It may hit you later but stay positive and remember that she would want you to move forward.

My most sincere condolences OP.

I've lost some people. It doesn't compare to losing a mother but you just kind of have to take it one day at a time. That's all that can be said.

The loss doesn't necessarily go away, but you manage it and accept it.

Stay up man.

I almost lost my mom just last year to a heart attack. Her heart stopped during a regular procedure to remove a benign timor, but I don’t even think it’s hit me now how close I came.

My mom is really what keeps me centered. I’m not sure how I’d deal with the curveballs life throws at me without her.

My condolences, man. I can only imagine. Keep your head up and try to hold onto all the good moments in time you spent together. Nothing could ever take those away.

Condolences to you and your family, bro. Keep your head up.

If I may, my mom lives in CA (bros and I live here in MA), and not a day passes that we don’t think of her cuz she’s in her late 60s. We make sure we stay in contact with her as much as possible.

Sorry to hear that, bro. It's only been a few days... whatever you're feeling don't try to analyze it. Sit with it. There's no textbook way to get through it.
I think about the loved ones who I lost 5, 10, 15 years ago and it gets me in the feels wondering what life would be like if they were still here. Life is unfair. There are other times I think of them and feel joy and happiness for what they meant for my life. And then I wonder, is it really a loss? You will never see your mom again but she will always be there in other forms.

My condolences. For me there are times here and there where it hits. I am lucky to have people close to me I could talk to about things I was feeling when I was ready to talk. I hope you can say the same.

I almost lost my mom just last year to a heart attack. Her heart stopped during a regular procedure to remove a benign timor, but I don’t even think it’s hit me now how close I came.

My mom is really what keeps me centered. I’m not sure how I’d deal with the curveballs life throws at me without her.

My condolences, man. I can only imagine. Keep your head up and try to hold onto all the good moments in time you spent together. Nothing could ever take those away.

Yea heart attack as well. And definitely the same. Only child and never met my biological father. As much as other family members say they are there for me and I can call them nothing replaces mom.

Condolences to you and your family, bro. Keep your head up.

If I may, my mom lives in CA (bros and I live here in MA), and not a day passes that we don’t think of her cuz she’s in her late 60s. We make sure we stay in contact with her as much as possible.

We would text regularly. I was just texting her about mail a few hours before she got rushed to the hospital. They would come to the Bay Area pretty often and we would meet up have lunch/dinner and hangout

Terribly sorry to hear about your mom, op :frown:

You’ll need time to process and there’s no set time frame to go by since everyone handles things differently. My grandmother has been gone for 4 years yet feels like I’ll get a phone call from her any minute now. Part of me still hasn’t dealt with her passing.

Sorry to hear brother, may she rest in Paradise, that’s probably one of the toughest losses a lot of us will face, since we never expect to bury our own kids, but burying our parents seems like the order in which life should go, however is not something we ever want to go through, Ive had my uncle and 2 grandparents pass but that’s after I had been living in the states for 10 years and they were back home, still hit and i was a teen then, my dad passed away when I was 2 so I can’t really remember any pain I felt...now that I’m 36 I just have my mom (60yo) and my grandma (88yo) being an only child I’m pretty tight with them both, but after working in a hospital for 15 years and facing death regularly I’ve come to accept the reality of life IS death, nothing else in life is more certain than that and we will all face it some day, keep your memory of her alive in you, I’m a firm believer that our parents continue to live on through us...never met my father but physically I’m alot like him and also have a lot of his maneurisms and traits....don’t know how old you are or if you have kids yet, but one day you’ll look at your kids and perhaps realize how much of your mom is still alive in them and smile...for now, just mourn however it is that you do it, don’t feel bad if you don’t cry and don’t feel bad if you do...i didn’t cry when I found out about my uncle getting killed, but then I visited Colombia years later and found myself in a little spot we would always go to together where he washed cars for some money and I balled uncontrollably...all the years i didnt mourn him properly due to the distance, came rushing out of me years later, cried myself to sleep...woke up and felt legit LIGHTER.

RIP. Death is the only guarantee in life. It’s gonna a happen to everyone.

My mom eats like ****. She don’t care or listen. I been eating healthy nearly my whole life.

How do you guys deal with loss? Does it just hit u like a sledge hammer? Or it just never feels real ?

I think it depends on several variables. Who died, how they died, was it sudden, did you get to say goodbye, how was your relationship with the deceased, etc.

Lost my best friend in 2012 to an OD and although I've accepted it, it still feels surreal because of how young he was. On the other hand my grandmother passed when she was 90. It was definitely sad and I got to say goodbye, but she lived a full life: had a husband, 4 children, a dozen grandchildren, great grandchildren, traveled, had a career. So it was a little different.

Sorry to hear about your mother. Losing a loved one sucks, straight up.

Make sure you grieve fam.

Don’t avoid the emotions, when time allows take time to sit in feelings and memories.

Back
Top Bottom