*** Love/ Hate > FutureSex/LoveSounds *** vol. Yea, I said it.

Justified > FSLS first of all

FSLS has a handful of heaters, but there's tracks that I skip all the time.

I can listen to LoveHate top to bottom.

Idk, I like JT and I like The Dreams sound.

Dude...
smh.gif

Now you've just gone too far.

You like "Pose" but you left off "What Goes Around/Comes Around" on that list above...?

Played out single or not, I'll never forget my reaction the first like 30 times I listened to that joint...
eek.gif
sick.gif

lol cats really listen to RNB like that?

where yall listen to this stuff at on ya ipod? in the car? ya girls CD or what? i cant even front i never had a convo with cats about "Yo that new Dreamalbum is official"

my moms and sis copp jamie foxx, usher, keyshia cole, beyonce all that etc. but i dont rock with like that i hear what i hear. sorry to go off topic justwondering.

deepinthajeep

I agree with, I have played The Dream's album the whole way through a million times more than FSLS (don't even like all the songs on there)

Timbaland and DanjaHandz definitely went in with the innovative sound and details...[[most would agree]] much more than Tricky Stewart and LOS da Maestro didon Dream's album

but The Dream went in on the writing, arranging, melodies, and production-in-a-Quincy-Jones-sense-of-the-word.
The Dream, with his stylistic niche as a performing artist, made a thugged out version of an album that *I* would've made, thus he strikes a more personalchord with me than Justin does

And my 2 major issues with FSLS are:
1) I would've preferred to hear Ginuwine or other singers sing the songs
2) Particularly on "My Love", Justin and Timbaland completely stole Static from Playa's singing style and melodies. I'm soglad that Bryan Michael-Cox and DeVante Swing called them out in a recent VIBE article about Static. All this time, I felt like I was the only one making thispoint since the song first leaked and I was telling folks that Static wrote and sang back-up on it cuz it sounded that much like his stuff...
I swear folks don't know the history and real influences of what they're hearing...do your homework....sonnnnn

I do like FSLS though don't get me wrong....much much more than Justified

but this topic is all about personal opinions of course....

"Love/Hate" is second to ONLY "Confessions" when it comes to R&B albums in the past 9 years....IMO

Originally Posted by lurkin2long

lol cats really listen to RNB like that?

where yall listen to this stuff at on ya ipod? in the car? ya girls CD or what? i cant even front i never had a convo with cats about "Yo that new Dream album is official"

my moms and sis copp jamie foxx, usher, keyshia cole, beyonce all that etc. but i dont rock with like that i hear what i hear. sorry to go off topic just wondering.

what the hell? whats wrong with bumping R&B i dont give a damn where im at im bump that @%## from the gym on the ipod,iphone walking around,at work on thecomputer or around the house.

Originally Posted by PUSHA x Vinsanity

Dude...
smh.gif

Now you've just gone too far.

You like "Pose" but you left off "What Goes Around/Comes Around" on that list above...?

Played out single or not, I'll never forget my reaction the first like 30 times I listened to that joint...
eek.gif
sick.gif
Did you even go back and revisit Love/Hate???? I didn't think so
smh.gif

What Goes Around/Comes Around is a good song...so i'll give him 6. I just think those 6 songs are not as good as the 1st 6 Dream tracks as an entire bodyof work....Justified >> FSLS
ZSong wrote:
deepinthajeep

I agree with, I have played The Dream's album the whole way through a million times more than FSLS (don't even like all the songs on there)

but The Dream went in on the writing, arranging, melodies, and production-in-a-Quincy-Jones-sense-of-the-word.
The Dream, with his stylistic niche as a performing artist, made a thugged out version of an album that *I* would've made, thus he strikes a more personal chord with me than Justin does
Bingo!

Naw I got FSLS > Love/Hate. A lot of Dream's songs sound the same to me. And for the record Jamie Foxx Intuition and Unpredictable > both of them.

I agree. I enjoyed Justified way more Future Sex/Love Sounds anyway so it's a given that I would like the Dream album better. I didn't like 2 or 3joints on Dreams album and the rest of the joints were solid especially that joint with Rihana.

I made a thread a few months ago proclaiming FS/LS as a perfect album (IMHO). I can't speak on Love/Hate, but it would have to be perfect to be inconsideration.

how can anybody say that love/hate was better than fs/ls when fs/ls birthed the sound that tricky and the dream use now?? all of tricky's *#@+ sounds likegeneric timbo beats imo.

FS/LS >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> love hate

honestly how anybody thinks that love hate album is better is just f'n ridiculous imo.

Originally Posted by Agthekid

I liked Love/Hate a lot but it had to grow on me. As for FS/LS I liked it the first listen. So I'll go with FS/LS, but it didn't win my a lot though.

Exactly the same for me.

Originally Posted by worldbeefreeg

I don't like FTSL. Thought Justified was way better. So I;m rolling with love hate.

Outside of a few songs on FS/LS I definitely agree.

I love both albums, but I'ma have to give the nod to Justin and FS/LS.

Whether you want to chalk it up to all production or not, that album was
eek.gif
. Conceptually and musically.

Back
Top Bottom