Lowering the drinking age?

Originally Posted by swyftdahoe

Originally Posted by PapaPrem

Just what we need. More knucklehead drunk drivers!
Yeah, because lowering the drinking age has everything to do with drunken driving. What stupid simplicity.

21 is a dumb drinking age. After you graduate from high school, you should be allowed to drink legally.

Why is it a dumb drinking age?

How is someone supposed to know if youve graduated from high school?  What about the people who drop out of high school?  Are they not allowed to drink legally in their lifetime?

If his idea was "stupid simplicity" yours is "stupidly complicated".

Originally Posted by swyftdahoe

Originally Posted by PapaPrem

Just what we need. More knucklehead drunk drivers!
Yeah, because lowering the drinking age has everything to do with drunken driving. What stupid simplicity.

21 is a dumb drinking age. After you graduate from high school, you should be allowed to drink legally.

It will increase by a lot bro

Originally Posted by Durden7

Originally Posted by Peteweezy

Whenever you can catch a bullet for the US (18) is what the drinking age should be but I doubt that will happen.

Ignorance.

I don't feel it's ignorance but if you do that's cool with me. I don't get why people on here and in general feel if they don't agree with what you say it's wrong, ignorant, etc. Guess everybody should think alike. Needjays thanks about theyour and you're glad we could put your skills to great use

My opinion is that the legal age for drinkin should stay at 21. I cant stand people that dont know how to drink or handle themselves once they have a drink or two. I rarely drink. Legalize the green!

Peteweezy wrote:

Peteweezy wrote:
Whenever you can catch a bullet for the US (18) is what the drinking age should be but I doubt that will happen.

Ignorance.

I don't feel it's ignorance but if you do that's cool with me. I don't get why people on here and in general feel if they don't agree with what you say it's wrong, ignorant, etc. Guess everybody should think alike. Needjays thanks about the your and you're glad we could put your skills to great use

I dont have an issue with you saying the age should be 18.  I have no issue with someones opinion if its logical and is well-thought out.

To make a connection between fighting in a war and legally drinking is just bad thinking though.

They have no reason to be joined together.

Peteweezy wrote:

Peteweezy wrote:

Ignorance.

I don't feel it's ignorance but if you do that's cool with me. I don't get why people on here and in general feel if they don't agree with what you say it's wrong, ignorant, etc. Guess everybody should think alike. Needjays thanks about the your and you're glad we could put your skills to great use

I dont have an issue with you saying the age should be 18.  I have no issue with someones opinion if its logical and is well-thought out.

To make a connection between fighting in a war and legally drinking is just bad thinking though.

They aren't being "joined" together. All he is trying to point out is if your country can force you to fight a war at the age of 18 and risk your LIFE . You should be able to at least drink alcohol at that age, since they feel your body is mature enough to fight a war, your body should be mature enough to drink.

Originally Posted by JPioneer

Look at us over here in Europe. We have problems with it?
im guessing you aint from the UK?
laugh.gif

It's a big problem over here imo...just search booze britain on youtube
smh.gif

Drinking is way to heavy in the culture here.. Got plenty of youngsters starting to drink from the ages of 12-13

Originally Posted by Jerome in the House

Durden7 wrote:
Peteweezy wrote:
Durden7 wrote:
Peteweezy wrote:

Ignorance.

They aren't being "joined" together. All he is trying to point out is if your country can force you to fight a war at the age of 18 and risk your LIFE . You should be able to at least drink alcohol at that age, since they feel your body is mature enough to fight a war, your body should be mature enough to drink.

Your country is not FORCING you to fight a war.  You willingly join the services.  No one comes to your door and picks you up telling you youre going to fight.

Just because someones body is mature enough to fight does not mean their mind is capable of handling alcohol.

Durden7 wrote:
Peteweezy wrote:
Durden7 wrote:
Peteweezy wrote:

Ignorance.

Your country is not FORCING you to fight a war.  You willingly join the services.  No one comes to your door and picks you up telling you youre going to fight.

Just because someones body is mature enough to fight does not mean their mind is capable of handling alcohol.

UMMMMM you can get drafted at anytime man. That's what you have to sign up for when you turn 18.

Thank you Jerome that's all I was trying to say and Durden are you at least 18?  You do know you have to sign up for selective service at 18 esp for those trying to get financial aid.

If it was so easy to answer those questions, why did you make such a poor argument for lowering the drinking age? Why does it matter why someone wants to have sex with an animal? That's a personal choice. There are lots of people who would say "why would you" to the concept of drinking, so making a moral argument is pointless. Not "good enough" and "smart enough" are generic phrases that both indicate unpreparedness. I can become better and play for the Bulls. I can become smarter and go to Yale. Just as Americans can become more mature and start drinking.

I never stated an argument in the first place what are you talking about.  I just put down an opinion.  If you wanna sleep with animals my man I will not look at you differently just was asking.  Prepared for what its the truth.  Sometimes having long paragraph style answers are not neccessary.  If your looking for that you'll have to go somewhere else.  I just feel how I feel and you like you do no big deal we will both be good. 

Yall got focus problems. This is about liquor not war. I think America's mentality towards alcohol, compared to European countries who are more open, couldn't tolerate a lower drinking age. They give their kids wine over there, and alcohol is just a part of life. Here, you need to get twisted or you ain't doing it right.

Kids don't understand casual drinks in America.

UMMMMM you can get drafted at anytime man. That's what you have to sign up for when you turn 18.
That doesnt mean you HAVE to go.  Thats very easy to get out of.

Thank you Jerome that's all I was trying to say and Durden are you at least 18?  You do know you have to sign up for selective service at 18 esp for those trying to get financial aid.
Yeah im over 18.  If youre trying to get financial aid for school youre most likely not going to get drafted.

^ Your probably right but you never know esp if it was ever a WW type of thing which hopefully none of us ever experience. Mr O if we got focus problems you got stereotyping problems cause every kid doesn't have to get wasted or they aren't "doing it right". lol Over time if the drinking age was lowered it would probably become not as big a thing just like driving and other things you waited for.

Durden7 wrote:
Peteweezy wrote:
Durden7 wrote:
Peteweezy wrote:

Ignorance.

/thread 
smokin.gif

Peteweezy wrote:
^ Your probably right but you never know esp if it was ever a WW type of thing which hopefully none of us ever experience. Mr O if we got focus problems you got stereotyping problems cause every kid doesn't have to get wasted or they aren't "doing it right". lol Over time if the drinking age was lowered it would probably become not as big a thing just like driving and other things you waited for.

If there was a situation where a large number of individuals did get drafted and literally had to fight, I would have no issue with those people being allowed to drink wherever they were.

The logic that because someone else is fighting in a war I should be able to drink legally is absurd.

And there is where you lose credibility. Nice try.

Originally Posted by Trelvis Tha Thrilla

How many people do you know that have been drafted?

There hasn't been a draft in a long time
laugh.gif

Had a couple in my family. Just because there hasnt been a draft while you have been alive doesn't mean it wont ever happen, and it sure isnt something "easy" to get out of.

Originally Posted by ninjallamafromhell

There hasn't been a draft in a long time
laugh.gif

Exactly.

Durden7 wrote:
Trelvis Tha Thrilla wrote:
Durden7 wrote:

Had a couple in my family. Just because there hasnt been a draft while you have been alive doesn't mean it wont ever happen, and it sure isnt something "easy" to get out of. 

You missed the point I was trying to make.  Im not saying it wont happen again.  Im saying that there are no plans for it to occur so the idea that someone is being forced to go to war isnt a factual statement.  Just because you sign up for it when youre 18 doesnt mean its going to happen.  Currently, its very unlikely that someone will be drafted.  Saying thats its "very easy" to get out of may have been wrong on my point, but if there was a draft there are ways to not go.

Cant military members drink on base at 18 any ways?

Im pretty much with everyone else, if at the age of 18 I am mature enough to vote, drive, buy a house/car, go to the military, etc...then you should be able to drink alcohol. I dont understand how the government can recognize you as an adult in every way at the age of 18, but still arent "adult" enough to drink.

Its fine the way it is.

This is coming from a 21 year old that doesn't really drink though.

I understand what you guys are saying about "I can die for my country, I should at least be able to enjoy a PBR after a day of being shot at."

But the assumption you are making when you say that is that we SHOULD be sending kids to war at the age of 18. You may hold that belief, but I absolutely do not. And since I don't believe 18 should be the minimum age for draft eligibility, I can't continue using that arbitrary number for all of these other privileges. The fact that someone screwed up and decided we should be sending teenagers into combat does not mean we should screw up again and allow teenagers to start drinking.

Drinking in private is one thing, and rarely involves the law. The prospect of 18 year olds getting obnoxiously drunk at clubs and bars does not appeal to me at all. Someone brought up the fact that most Americans can't enjoy a glass of wine. Its true. Most of the people I have been around consume alcohol with the intent of getting drunk, not just slightly buzzed.

Also, someone brought up the complication of checking high school graduation versus the simplicity of age. Weak argument. Nobody is given a driver's license at a certain age and we've managed quite well with that system and its based entirely on a demonstration of skills. Should be just as easy, if not easier, to check to see if someone has graduated from high school and then include that info on their ID.

Back
Top Bottom