Lunargrand

Ordered Wed and they just got here... $75 :nthat:

Nice, these Navy perfs are sweet, I waited too long and missed out on the coupons.

How does it look with the white laces?

The moto in this forum is buy now return later,lol. But, I'm happy with the black suedes I got.
I havent switched up the laces yet, but I like how the navy laces look

finally got my order.

my thoughts:
1)i absolutely love the fatigue boots. they're narrow like everyone has warned but fit my feet fine. they already crease like a mofo but i'll deal with it
2) the all black cap oxford is made of the plasticky leather and the broguing is kinda tacky because it's a lot thicker than i'm use to. i don't love the styling or the material, but they're for work and actually look half decent once i wear them with dress pants so it's still up in the air if i'll return them or exchange them for the all black wingtips.
3) the woodbury wingtips i actually like the styling but the quality is kinda shotty. same plasticky leather but the color makes it not look so bad. check out the lazy perforated holes in the broguing on the top row. kind of annoying actually. it's like someone got a dull hole puncher that day and no damns were given

i was able to use the xchange and $50 off so i would say i got a real nice deal on the boots but the captoe oxfords and wingtips are barely worth the $130 i paid for them each. the lunar technology is the only reason i'm keeping them since i'll be wearing them for work but the uppers could pass for sketchers quality wise. i own the penny oxbloods and the leather on those are so much nicer and worth the retail i paid imo.

my thoughts:
1)i absolutely love the fatigue boots. they're narrow like everyone has warned but fit my feet fine. they already crease like a mofo but i'll deal with it.

Can you please post a closer pic as to how the creases look?

Last edited:
finally got my order.
my thoughts:
1)i absolutely love the fatigue boots. they're narrow like everyone has warned but fit my feet fine. they already crease like a mofo but i'll deal with it
2) the all black cap oxford is made of the plasticky leather and the broguing is kinda tacky because it's a lot thicker than i'm use to. i don't love the styling or the material, but they're for work and actually look half decent once i wear them with dress pants so it's still up in the air if i'll return them or exchange them for the all black wingtips.
3) the woodbury wingtips i actually like the styling but the quality is kinda shotty. same plasticky leather but the color makes it not look so bad. check out the lazy perforated holes in the broguing on the top row. kind of annoying actually. it's like someone got a dull hole puncher that day and no damns were given

i was able to use the xchange and $50 off so i would say i got a real nice deal on the boots but the captoe oxfords and wingtips are barely worth the $130 i paid for them each. the lunar technology is the only reason i'm keeping them since i'll be wearing them for work but the uppers could pass for sketchers quality wise. i own the penny oxbloods and the leather on those are so much nicer and worth the retail i paid imo.
i wouldn't have that, in store exchange

i actually have 2 pairs of the fatigues (ordered from 6pm.com) so here is a side by side of a ds pair vs the one i just tried on for 2 minutes
Does anyone know if this also happens with the color Taupe LunarGrand Boots or it's just the Fatigues?

Is EXTRA50 still working?  I'm trying to checkout with Milkshake Chukkas but it won't let me.
Ended April 25 @ 3AM EDT I think.

As for shoe creasing... Proper fitting shoes, in my opinion, crease much less compared to roomy shoes. And as some people might say, the creases give your shoe character. 
smile.gif

Got my fatigues in as well.. Definitely great for 90 shipped that extra50 plus the 15 off of the next purchase made it worth it

i'm more interested in the pair of the left. does anyone know what they are? or where I can find them?

Last edited:
Yeah, just thought it was odd if they were doing that with the assumption that people didn't want certain items and they were just ordered to hit that $200 mark to get the $50 off.

Anyway, oddly enough I got shipping confirmation this morning and they were delivered a couple hours ago.  Only got to pick them up, open the box to make sure everything was there and check them out real quick but...

Even though they were only $70, I'm disappointed in the leather longwings.  Leather is poor quality (not surprised with Nike's influence still there) and on the Camello-Chambray, I didn't realize the contrasting darker tan/brown around the wingtip & broguing was so distinct.  Makes them look even cheaper even if they were a better quality leather and it looks a little tacky to me.

I just can't believe they ever charged $250.  At least they're pretty comfortable.

I wrote to CH customer service about cancelled orders and got this reply. They were not cancelling "filler" items or shoes just because. Their website is not based on a realtime inventory system. So that means you may have ordered the shoes or items when they were on the website, but when they go try to fulfill your items it is already sold out or bought out by someone before you. It sucks and this is the 2nd time and 2nd order I have made through CH with cancelled items. I hope this helps explain the cancelled shoes or filler items.

i'm more interested in the pair of the left. does anyone know what they are? or where I can find them?
That is the Cole Haan Air Trafton, once retailed for over $400 on the CH site, probably closer to $500 from what I remember. Those shoes are made in Italy. In that price range, I would opt for Alden shells, for a little more cash.  Although, you could try ebay and maybe get it for much less now.

How much will the leather long wings stretch?Ordered a few pairs in 11 and 11.5, I'm trying to decide which to keep. The 11 feels a bit tight now in the toebox and the 11.5 is a little roomy with a thin sock

How much will the leather long wings stretch?Ordered a few pairs in 11 and 11.5, I'm trying to decide which to keep. The 11 feels a bit tight now in the toebox and the 11.5 is a little roomy with a thin sock

Haven't worn mine yet but I would say, don't expect a lot of stretch. The leather seems very stiff.

Base your decision on their comfort level now and do not base it on your comfort expectation upon break-in.

No pinky toe rub on the 11? That's the initial thing I notice if the size is smaller than what I need.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom