Lunargrand

Has anyone done this yet? I'm thinking about heading to Macys today but wanted to see if anyone was able to get that $60 price.
Got mine at my local macy's for $75 shipped.
pimp.gif

1) Quality is not always on spot, sometimes it depends on the shoe. There are ones where the leather is very plasticky and crease very badly. The black/black longwing definitely comes to my mind for that. They are made with corrected grain leather and not full grain leather like Allen Edmonds, etc.

2) Fit, honestly for me, is a bit weird and they only have wide versions for some of them. If I am not mistaken, the wides would be 2E which is the width next to D. It is also worth noting that the suede Lunargrands are much more flexible compared to the leathers.

3) Nike has sold Cole Haan. I'm not sure if the latter will continue supporting Lunargrands. I was told they will be replaced by something called "Zerogrand" by the end of the year. You can try asking at http://colehaanrestoration.com about sole replacements.

Don't expect the Lunargrands to be as soft as the foam on the Lunarglides. The athletic/running versions definitely use a softer version of the Lunarlon material while the Lunargrands use a much denser version.

They never offered custom Lunargrands.
Wow thanks for all the info prometheus. I was confused by Kenneth Cole. I knew there are stores in europe. So was utterly baffled why I can only ind cole Haan in USA. lol.

1)Thanks for info. I buy from online. Never seen or tried the shoes in real life. Thanks for info. Was thinking of the Black one. 

if what you say is true...good fit is extremely important.. Is the shoe a size to big..increased or pronounced creasing would reflect poorly. Is like wearing a suit thats to big. Terrible look IMHO.

2)Good thing I bought the Wide than.No idea how Cole Haan fits.(Ps I never buy US dress shoes so have no idea how the fit will be.) How does it fit compared with prada America's cup?

2E is not very wide. I bought a Chukka Wide Suede Chestnut and white. Not sure if its the antilope leather one. I dont think so.

3)To bad. Just when i was getting into it. Zerogrands...make sthem the same as the copycat shoes like Skechers etc.Curious how it will feel like.Hope not to dense...that you lose the pillowy feel of the nike lunarlons.  Ps there are skechers here for sale that looks like COle Haan. Sold quite cheap here, Maybe I am a snob...but doesnt look so cool as the lunargrands. Mainly...to much synthetic in construction.(like in the inside) and if not lunarlons cushioning...than its a normal EVA sole.

To bad. i would order bunch of them lol. In europe you can blow people minds if they think you are wearing a shoe from those brands and they have never seen it.lol.

UNDS my milkshake suedes today. They look really nice, got a lot of compliments. I noticed that the lunarlon being used in the shoes do not feel the same as other Nike lunarlon shoes. Will the lunarlon eventually get softer as I break the shoes in?

Just got my first 2 pairs of Lunargrands. Always loved the way they looked but never really had a reason to wear them.  Decided to finally get some since ill be going to a couple weddings in the next few months and I am also working on getting a Real Estate license. If i end up getting a solid real estate job ill be stocking up a big Lunargrand collection!

Anyway, can you guys point in the right direction to get some socks to wear with these?

Last edited:
3)How is the durability? My shoes lasts for decades(I have a lot of them and treat them well). If the sole is worn out...can I get a replacement for them?

Follow-up regarding the repairability of Lunargrands:

Thank you for contacting Cole Haan restoration. The LunarGrand series of footwear is not fully restorable. We are cannot replace the sole unit of this style of footwear. We are able to service the uppers with cleaning, reconditioning and refinishing, replacing insoles and some repairs to heel liners, stitching etc.

A RECONDITION and REFINISH is $30.00 per pair regardless of the type of footwear. Replacing the insoles for any footwear is $25.00 per pair. All other service repairs are based on individual footwear needs, complexity of repair and ability to provide the repair. All services and repairs are plus shipping.

Regards,
Karen Pollard
Cole Haan Restoration
800-890-9440

3)How is the durability? My shoes lasts for decades(I have a lot of them and treat them well). If the sole is worn out...can I get a replacement for them?

Follow-up regarding the repairability of Lunargrands:

Thank you for contacting Cole Haan restoration. The LunarGrand series of footwear is not fully restorable. We are cannot replace the sole unit of this style of footwear. We are able to service the uppers with cleaning, reconditioning and refinishing, replacing insoles and some repairs to heel liners, stitching etc.

A RECONDITION and REFINISH is $30.00 per pair regardless of the type of footwear. Replacing the insoles for any footwear is $25.00 per pair. All other service repairs are based on individual footwear needs, complexity of repair and ability to provide the repair. All services and repairs are plus shipping.

Regards,
Karen Pollard
Cole Haan Restoration
800-890-9440

Thanks for that. There's no problem with my pairs, but I was curious if they could repair them if needed. Seems like we'll be SOL if anything happens.

HI Guys,

Which Macys? I called and they didnt know anything about the sales. Which models are on sale?
Most Macy's stores don't have Lunar Grand's in store. Like I said, you'd have to go into the store and ask them to item locate you a pair of Lunar Grands. They're the wingtips. Brown/Orange, Grey/Volt, Blue/PhotoBlue and Milkshakes. The woodberries might show up but they're not on sale. Now that the one day sale is over at Macys, the sale items should be back up to $99. I'm not sure if there are any other coupons that they can apply to lower that price on top of that but it doesn't hurt to ask. 

In the color way the Dark Brown Suede/Orange ?

that's the only lunar grand i see at 140 in the clearance section

Yeah, my mistake fam. I was trying to add the Charcoal grey and Yellow pair, but those are in the "Sale" section. They had to be in the "Clearance" section. Thanks for the help though!

Back
Top Bottom