Lunargrand

@Br1ju

Sometimes they don't specify what material is used. I believe nubuck is used some colors of the lace boots (usually the non-shiny ones like black/black, taupe, fatigue and the two newly released ones). They used it on some wingtips before (black/poolside, fatigue/ironstone, poolside/grey). As far as I can tell, they have no nubuck ones for the current lineup.

The kudus are great. I bought all three but returned the camello. The gray and fatigue look better in person. I didn't like the metal eyelits but they are so comfortable. The leather wingtips are a bit stiff. All my lunargrands are suede except for the woodbury leather wingtip. However, I did find the leather in the blazer blue perfs to be more comfortable than the wingtip leather. Unfortunately, I returned that one too. The suedes are comfortable but the kudu suede are on another level, they are buttery soft.

I have the camello long wingtip and the chukkas but can't pull off the color with anything I wear so I'm going to have to sell them. If the chukkas were another color I'd definitely keep them. They feel more comfortable than my grey kudu and that's saying a lot. I agree with you regarding the eyelits too. The only leather I own is the Woodbury and after walking with them for a long time I could notice just how stiff the leather was. When I wear them for a short time like going to church I don't really notice it but I'm keeping them bc of the look. Buttery soft is the best way to describe the kudus by the way!

I was able to order this off Neiman Marcus earlier today. They only had one and it was my size. 

Last edited:
What's the Grandsprint? That's the first time I've heard of that. Those look at least better than the zerogrands.

Last edited:
What's the Grandsprint? That's the first time I've heard of that. Those look at least better than the zerogrands.
They seem to be a LunarGrand copy without the Nike technology. Weird thing is, only DSW seems to be selling it.
I was thinking of getting the black leather at the outlet here. I haven't tried it though. I'm curious to see if anyone else has owned them.
The leathers don't look too nice. I feel they actually are even lower quality than the leather on LunarGrands. I'd say try them on and inspect them visually up close. FYI, these were $110 at DSW. Suedes were $110 - 40%.

They seem to be a LunarGrand copy without the Nike technology. Weird thing is, only DSW seems to be selling it.

The leathers don't look too nice. I feel they actually are even lower quality than the leather on LunarGrands. I'd say try them on and inspect them visually up close. FYI, these were $110 at DSW. Suedes were $110 - 40%.

Only place I've seen them is at the cole haan outlet for $100. Then again I haven't been in DSW in years. I inspected them up close and even tried them on. They were pretty comfortable much lower to the ground than lunars but I was curious as to how they hold up long term. When it comes to material I'm not sure what's quality and what's not. I'm a noob when it comes to dress shoes but I guess I can see what your saying about the quality vs the lunars.

What do you guys think about these?

Only place I've seen them is at the cole haan outlet for $100. Then again I haven't been in DSW in years. I inspected them up close and even tried them on. They were pretty comfortable much lower to the ground than lunars but I was curious as to how they hold up long term. When it comes to material I'm not sure what's quality and what's not. I'm a noob when it comes to dress shoes but I guess I can see what your saying about the quality vs the lunars.
They had the milkshade suede and black leather at outlet. They do look sleek depending on the angle but still not a fan, it's those soles that are killing the shoe. Lunars are still the best. I'm waiting to see if they actually  make a lunargrand with a separate heel to make it even more dressy for corporate wear similar to the Nike Air line.

Back
Top Bottom