Lunargrand

I was able to find a few options for no-show loafer socks 

Nordstrom Rack for $6 (3/pk)

http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/nordstr...tegoryid=0&fashionColor=Black&resultback=1100

J.Crew Factory Store had these for $3 each 

https://www.jcrew.com/mens_category...&isFromSearch=true&isNewSearch=true&hash=row3

Calvin Klein Factory Store  $10 (3/pk) 

http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/calvin-...ryid=0&fashionColor=NAVY/+GREY&resultback=200

I preferred the Nordstrom Rack out of all of them. The JCrew pair didnt stay inplace when I tried them on. Calvin Klein had the best sock in terms of no-show but once I began to walk the sock came off. 

Nordstrom Rack stayed inplace the entire day and no bunching when I put my shoes on or when I took them off. 

Didnt see any at the BR outlet so havent tried the new updated silicone ones and my CH was closing down cuz they were moving to a new spot. 

^ nice write up. The nordstroms are showing $16.50 for me though, not $6

The link was for visual aide purposes. I got them from nordstrom rack not nordstrom.

They are nordstrom rack branded. I threw away the tag but Im sure they are at every store just check out the sock section.

only ones i've tried are the new Banana Republic ones with the silicon on the heel, but since he wasn't able to get any, i'll add to his review
laugh.gif

No problems with bunching when i put the shoes on and no problems with them slipping off while wearing them. also, they fit perfectly with the lunargrands so that they weren't showing at all

Last edited:
Just go to T.J. Maxx or Marshalls. They've got a whole bunch of different brands (including Cole Haan and Calvin Klein) for cheaper than you'll find anywhere else and you can see a bunch of different takes on the silicon at once.

I happened to be on journeys looking at the new chuck Taylor's when I came across Cole Haan in their brands list. Curious, I clicked on it and came across something called 'Grand Decon' which looked exactly like lunars except they're listed at $99. It looks like CHs typical new product launch colors too. Anyone know what these are? The only difference I can spot in the grainy photo is the lower has 2 bands of lunar material whereas the lunargrands have 3. I know they switched over the the Grand.OS but these look a little odd.

Last edited:
I happened to be on journeys looking at the new chuck Taylor's when I came across Cole Haan in their brands list. Curious, I clicked on it and came across something called 'Grand Decon' which looked exactly like lunars except they're listed at $99. It looks like CHs typical new product launch colors too. Anyone know what these are? The only difference I can spot in the grainy photo is the lower has 2 bands of lunar material whereas the lunargrands have 3. I know they switched over the the Grand.OS but these look a little odd.
wow they look poorly made.

but hey the full retail is cheap.

They have a decon sole that nike uses on their skate shoes.

They have a decon sole that nike uses on their skate shoes.

Have you seen these in person? Does the photos online match? The sole from online says 'Grand.OS' on them. Which is really what's not adding up for me. I wondering if it's just a B grade lineup of lunars with a different name.

I think these are like the Zerogrand Deconstructed that are much cheaper than the regular Zerogrand - the shoes don't have the same structure as the regular lunargrand. The sole may even be the same as the original grand, I don't know. One difference is that all but the black are made of canvas. The black is the only one that is suede. And they're going to have less of the cardboard or whatever it is in between the lining and the external leather that gives it its more "formal" structure. They're going to be more collapsible like a pair of chucks.

So yeah you could sort of see them as "B" quality, but its the upper not the sole that is probably going to be what makes them "B" quality and so much cheaper.

Last edited:
Anyone else feel like the Original Grand is slightly smaller than the LunarGrands? I usually fit size 9.5 or 10 without issue but the 9.5 poppy and silver fox suede Originals I just bought seem to be a bit snug. Trying to decide if they just need to be broken in or if I should exchange for 10s.

Thoughts?

^ zero grand wingtip a fit pretty similar to the suede lunargrands. I wear a 8.5 in the lunars and tried some of the zeros at nordstroms. They fit a little sung, but I feel if I went to a size 9 they would have been too big.

Not sure on the loafers though.

I have a pair of lunargrands that i have not worn yet....how badly do they crease? Im asking because the leather looks like it cant take a beating

Back
Top Bottom