Lunargrand

:lol:

Nah, couldn't wait. It was raining here all weekend long so when I saw no rain on the forecast, I said f'it and just rocked em.

I'm guessing the last day for Cole Haan employees to get a Nike discount is tomorrow also? That makes me sad. =(

12077588.bmp

12077798.bmp

12077602.bmp
I want these!  Too bad they won't hit the outlets yet.

How much do Lunargrands sell for in outlets?

Is there anyway to order online?

picked up a pair at the outlets... the employee told me lunargrand is no longer owned by nike and this series will stop being produced. any confirmation on this?

Cole Haan x Nike is no longer. It was confirmed last year you can search this thread for detail.Cole Haan was bought from Nike for $570 million last November by Apax Partners Worldwide LLP.

Lunar tech is trademarked by Nike.~

Last edited:
That's good news for Cole Haan if that's true. The lunargrand line is their cash cow.~

Where did you get this info from? I just dont see why they would let another company use their technology since they sold them off.

He's right, not sure if you know this or not- but if you sell a company there's usually a transition period for the company to adapt to its new owners etc..

Found they tweet from Heidi Burgett-

"As we have done with past transactions, there will be a transition period for continued use of Nike technology by the buyer."

Where did you get this info from? I just dont see why they would let another company use their technology since they sold them off.

Pre-existing contract or a contract to where Nike gets a cut of each Lunar grand sold or a flat fee for the technology. There is no way that Nike could negotiate the sale of a shoe company that no longer has any cushioning technology. Cole Haan now has a few years to develop its own cushioning system. Vibram makes soles for many different shoe companies. It is just like a car company using a different companies engine. Shelby Cobra used a Ford engine. Pagani uses Mercedes AMG engines.

Last edited:
Any one know if there are going to finally release a black/black lunargrand? I know they've been on this spring colors massacre
ohwell.gif

Any one know if there are going to finally release a black/black lunargrand? I know they've been on this spring colors massacre :\

Yeah, they have been doing this all year long and I really wish there are more neutral colors, I could wear these daily to be honest if they can make non-bright colorways.

Pre-existing contract or a contract to where Nike gets a cut of each Lunar grand sold or a flat fee for the technology. There is no way that Nike could negotiate the sale of a shoe company that no longer has any cushioning technology. Cole Haan now has a few years to develop its own cushioning system. Vibram makes soles for many different shoe companies. It is just like a car company using a different companies engine. Shelby Cobra used a Ford engine. Pagani uses Mercedes AMG engines.

True, it is probably what Nike used to entice the buyer, showing how well the LunarGrands were selling and that they could milk it for a few years before Nike forbids it. Nike probably still makes money by supplying the soles to CH anyways.

Long time reader, first time poster. Just copped the Tan Venetians. SoHo store sold out on Longwings; though they probably will be a staple of the collection for Fall 2013. Few Fragment Saddles left but big sizes only. Like the black ones but I have the Fragments from last year as well as the Women's Black Waterproof in W11B. Like a sz 9.5 but fits tight at the toe but works out pretty well.

Links below to my Instagram.

http://instagr.am/p/SzD-K5nq93/

wore these yesterday! i really love these shoes!

.Fragment Design x Cole Haan Spring/Summer '13

i spoke prematurely regarding the fragment x CH collection and a size 7 was indeed produced! ordered these 3 pairs....
just 2 more pairs of lunargrands and hopefully i'm done!!

Back
Top Bottom