Lupe Fiasco and Lil Wayne are on the same level lyrically.

Both are on the same level when it comes to punchlines, metaphors, similes etc. The only difference is that Lil Wayne raps about money cars and women and Lupe raps about politics and world issues. Lupe is an idiot he cosigns the film Zeitgeist which is 80% lies. He went on Bill O'Reilly and couldn't even hold his own. He blatantly sold out in Lasers wasn't his whole schtick about not dumbing it down for record labels yet he puts out that trash. Lupe is a fraud. The sad part is that people actually think they are smart when they listen to his garbage.
laugh.gif

I don't think so. Lupe is light-years ahead of Wayne lyrically. I suggest you go over to the threads dedicated to the breakdown of "The Cool" and "Lupe The Killer." Read those then really ask yourself if the two are on the same level. It's no knock on Wayne, but I just don't see how the two even compare.

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

I don't think so. Lupe is light-years ahead of Wayne lyrically. I suggest you go over to the threads dedicated to "The Cool" or "Lupe The Killer." Read those then really ask yourself if the two are on the same level. It's no knock on Wayne, but I just don't see how the two even compare.
QFE. The depth of that song...
sick.gif

OP, it's evident that you don't listen to enough Lupe to judge.

If you think this is true.....you don't understand lupe

Spoiler [+]
typical lupe fan boy response lolol come at me bro

Was anything I said about Lupe untrue? The dude is fraudulent. At least Lil Wayne makes music that is listenable.

Originally Posted by Tupack Shaker

Was anything I said about Lupe untrue? The dude is fraudulent. At least Lil Wayne makes music that is listenable.
Yes. You said they're the same lyrically, with the only difference being subject matter. That's wrong, given some of the information given in a few replies in the thread. Your comment that Lupe is un-listenable compared to Wayne is an opinion -- a poor one at that, seeing as Lupe has sold millions of records.
indifferent.gif

Yall would honestly bump Lupe the Killer in the whip? 
laugh.gif
Your criteria for good music is if it sounds good bumping it in the whip? This thread is stupid.

laugh.gif
yes i would intro and everything. its actually one of lupes better songs for the whip. 

"The gravity of the vocabulary is a caliber equal to Excalibur, swung wit the grace of Agassi in his amateurs," =/= "i'm a monster, everyday is halloween"

Originally Posted by FlacoBey

"The gravity of the vocabulary is a caliber equal to Excalibur, swung wit the grace of Agassi in his amateurs," =/= "i'm a monster, everyday is halloween"

really tho 

laugh.gif

o ok i get it now, if a song doesent bump in the whip its trash
laugh.gif
......and the fact that you even tried to compare wayne to lupe lyricly is hilarious on so many levels

I'm just saying since they are on the same level lyrically lets compare them musically. And musically Wayne's songs are better.

I'm just saying since they are on the same level lyrically lets compare them musically. And musically Wayne's songs are better.

i think your probably the only person in the world who thinks there on the same level lyrically
laugh.gif
 ............"wezzy f baby and the f is for phenomenal" 
pimp.gif

Some of you dudes don't get it do you
laugh.gif

Lupe up until LASERS was mainly an underground artist who CATERED his music to the specfic, hyper-lyrical hip-hop blog audience. Of course he can be lyrical for you guys, because he wasn't truly making music that appealed to the general mainstream audience. You can't write your music the same way when you make the crossover, because not everyone is into layered lyricism - there needs to be more of a balance to lyricism and musical appeal. Although IMO Wayne isn't as good lyrically nowadays, that's the craft that he mastered and Lupe is still figuring out. So the comparison isn't exactly straghtforward.

Sole leople here need to understand this instead of automatically going at the OP for his post.

Back
Top Bottom