Lupe Fiasco...Enemy of the State a Love Story review

"Uh, meditate//
On the floor, fold your legs, resonate//
Breathing speed, regulate//
Clear my mind till it levitate//
Dhalsim, I beat the game//
Level 8, Hella good//
Never great cause God is great//"

For all those confused about the title: The title is derived from one of the tactics of Dhalism, a street fighter character in Street Fighter II. (Sooo RANDOM, I love it.)

His fighting style is "Yoga based", which includes a lot of stretching and makes him a great hand-to-hand fighter. He also uses many fire-based attacks, one of which is the "Yoga Flame."
I assure you brother, that +*%$ is a lot deeper than that. The "level 8" "beat the game" stuff is in reference to meditating,and more specifically, your 7 chakras.

Lupe's %%@# is always layered like that. Those that were meant to appreciate it do. "Milk for the babes, and meatfor the men."

Originally Posted by y0ung j33zy

Can someone explain the Zach Galafinakis line?

I haven't heard that line, but that's awesme that Lupe recognizes Zach, one of my favorite comedians.

As for the tape, I think it was great lyrically, but musically speaking, it lacked in some areas.

This is the longest post on NT i've never read. I read the replies though and cats talking about its poorly written to. Just curious but what was yourmotivation when writing this? Why so damn long?

This is the longest post on NT i've never read. I read the replies though and cats talking about its poorly written to. Just curious but what was your motivation when writing this? Why so damn long?
cause he's just that good.

I actually read the whole thing....it wasnt that bad....dude gave him props....the "Ghangis Khan...without the Ye" was the only thing new to me thatid never paid attention to running through the tape

cant recall the Zach line completely...but Lupe says "Hangover" shortly after that....so the line can be drawn clearly

come on son, the great wall of text?

you know better than that
smh.gif

Originally Posted by WiCKeD KiCKz

This is the longest post on NT i've never read. I read the replies though and cats talking about its poorly written to. Just curious but what was your motivation when writing this? Why so damn long?
cause he's just that good.
loldog-funny-pictures-you-got-it-babe.jpg

(NO +##*!!!!!!!!!)

Back
Top Bottom