Lupe Fiasco Ft. Matthew Santos - Shining Down CDQ

Originally Posted by The Game is a Foot

Originally Posted by jthagreat

some explain the line to me..."We can hear the songs from that opera room fat chick

Tellin us not to pursue it just to shoe it like a blacksmith " feels like im missin something.

You never heard of the expression:

"It ain't over until the fat lady sings"

?
indifferent.gif

I took it much deeper...Like if OPERA as a genre was in autotune then people would listen to it just because it was in autotune.

if are what you say you are... a superstar.. whoops wrong song.

this one b just as dope.

Originally Posted by viiheaven

Originally Posted by SpeakUp23

Eh dont really want to listen to it since its leaked. Artist like Lupe I support 100% so Ill listen to it on the album. Speaking of the album, is there an exact date that its supposed to come out on?? Its says in June but June what??
June? No way it's coming out in June. He was at some show and said "late 2009." It's on YouTube somewhere.
However, it was announced by Fiasco that his next album would instead be titled, "We Are Lasers"; yet later his official rep announced and confirmed that it would instead be titled simply "Lasers".[sup][23][/sup] The album is currently scheduled for a release in June 2009[sup][24][/sup], no specific date is known though. Furthermore Drew Correa stated that he's one of the producers who submitted beats for the album. Lupe recently stated on a blog that the first single will be "Shining Down" featuring Matthew Santos. [sup][25][/sup].

I got that from Wikipedia. Wikipedia FTL I guess

Damn I was mad hyped
mad.gif
tired.gif

Originally Posted by MexicanSoul

some explain the line to me..."We can hear the songs from that opera room fat chick

Tellin us not to pursue it just to shoe it like a blacksmith " feels like im missin something.

?
indifferent.gif
I took it much deeper...Like if OPERA as a genre was in autotune then people would listen to it just because it was in autotune.

It's not that deep homie.

He's basically saying that auto-tune is over, it's proverbial "fat lady" has sung and the songs' theme would be not to use autotune thinking it will make your song a"shoe-in" to be a hit. You're only fooling yourself and trapping yourcreativity/career before it gets started.

The wordplay is quite simple, but profound at the sametime.
pimp.gif

eek.gif
pimp.gif

The track is sick...once again Lupe went in.

no mean to thread jack...but I didnt want to start a new post. Anyways my HD crashed a while back and I lost alot of my music...can somebody send metheextended version of And He Gets the Girl? All the links I found are dead.
eyes.gif
frown.gif

I like the way he sang the hook in the video that was released a while ago more than the way he sings it on the song

Originally Posted by XX3forever

eek.gif
pimp.gif

The track is sick...once again Lupe went in.

no mean to thread jack...but I didnt want to start a new post. Anyways my HD crashed a while back and I lost alot of my music...can somebody send methe extended version of And He Gets the Girl? All the links I found are dead.
eyes.gif
frown.gif
THe extended version is on the Follow The Leader mixtape so you can get it from there I guess.

Originally Posted by that WAVE

where can I get that "We are lasers" tee he's wearing in that vid?
Most likely Trilly & Truly in the future. They just recently opened up a US site.

Originally Posted by ethanlee29

Originally Posted by dline59

here's a vid of him preforming the song live in houston
beginning of the chorus seems different than the leaked track?
It's the OG version he used to play at some of his concerts before the leaked version came out.

Originally Posted by MexicanSoul

?
indifferent.gif

It's not that deep homie.

He's basically saying that auto-tune is over, it's proverbial "fat lady" has sung and the songs' theme would be not to use autotune thinking it will make your song a "shoe-in" to be a hit. You're only fooling yourself and trapping your creativity/career before it gets started.

The wordplay is quite simple, but profound at the sametime.
pimp.gif

that lady that was on them british shows (go talent or somethin) had been on my mind...

Back
Top Bottom