pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Lbruce89

i love how you broke it down and let everyone know why you feel that way

"that's right I said it..sue me.."

great thread
pimp.gif
that's how I do..
pimp.gif

Lupe is definitely my top 3....I wouldnt call him the best in the game but I can see why a lot of people could make the argument that he is....either way Lupeis that dude

He's one of my fav rappers currently, prob my 2nd fav after Joell for up and coming. But dude needs to work on his breath control. My friend pointed it outto me in the summer. And every time I listen to his albums I notice it as well.

aren't you the same person who made the thread about Once Again being one of the best r&b albums ever?
laugh.gif

if i remember correctly you broke it down the same way you did with this thread...nice
pimp.gif

you really get into detail when defending your argument

Originally Posted by Lbruce89

aren't you the same person who made the thread about Once Again being one of the best r&b albums ever?
laugh.gif

if i remember correctly you broke it down the same way you did with this thread...nice
pimp.gif

you really get into detail when defending your argument

Once Again is one of the best RnB albums ever..It needs to explanation just like this thread. PERIOD.

He's ahead of everyone in the game by more than a mile.

Delivery
Subject matter
Creativity
Flow
Lyrics

..I really don't see how people ignore his talent. Every time I throw on Dumb it Down or Streets on Fire...it just blows me away how talented he really is.I was actually going to make a thread about 'Trials and Tribulation' (OG Pressure) but I might as well add it on to this thread...Anyone else feel thisis one of his best track to date? The intro verse is just bananas.

"They couldn't believe how I took charge, and made it describe how I push hard through the streets.
And at the same time I was pushin the margins so far to the left that I ended up writin on my desk...Yes!
I'm from a concrete jungle, that will make your set look like bush gardens, test! Who wanna touch the Juan Don,
Von Dutch, %!$*@% want none trust! please believe me I don't give a damn how gassed up or eager he is.
It started won't stop, who don't want us to blow like bomb squad well fire unguard, its lu-pe touche.
Coup de grace now put them in the trunk like the roofs are our cars [Yeah]
Rappers is like Sonny when i'm in the booth with my bars, a mind full of poisin, a mouth full of flu and a lung full of SARs,
fresh from the mayonnaise jar, prepared to break it down get your razor blades pa"

I might've gotten one or two lyrics wrong but my dude went in.
smh.gif

Lupe goes over people's heads so often.

Lupe The Killer is a perfect example of so many different intelligent meanings hidden in different lines. He is sooo
pimp.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

My top 3 in the game today.

He needs that definitive album to cement his position among the greats. Sad thing is, I think he had it if F&L didn't get bootlegged
smh.gif

Originally Posted by visualmusiC

He's ahead of everyone in the game by more than a mile.

Delivery
Subject matter
Creativity
Flow
Lyrics

..I really don't see how people ignore his talent. Every time I throw on Dumb it Down or Streets on Fire...it just blows me away how talented he really is. I was actually going to make a thread about 'Trials and Tribulation' (OG Pressure) but I might as well add it on to this thread...Anyone else feel this is one of his best track to date? The intro verse is just bananas.

"They couldn't believe how I took charge, and made it describe how I push hard through the streets.
And at the same time I was pushin the margins so far to the left that I ended up writin on my desk...Yes!
I'm from a concrete jungle, that will make your set look like bush gardens, test! Who wanna touch the Juan Don,
Von Dutch, %!$*@% want none trust! please believe me I don't give a damn how gassed up or eager he is.
It started won't stop, who don't want us to blow like bomb squad well fire unguard, its lu-pe touche.
Coup de grace now put them in the trunk like the roofs are our cars [Yeah]
Rappers is like Sonny when i'm in the booth with my bars, a mind full of poisin, a mouth full of flu and a lung full of SARs,
fresh from the mayonnaise jar, prepared to break it down get your razor blades pa"

I might've gotten one or two lyrics wrong but my dude went in.
smh.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
Lupe Top 5 right now

Originally Posted by OptimusPrimeAPhiA

I'm torn...Lupe...or Drake...

Underground Appreciation FTW!
pimp.gif

really? i dont think lupe is underground. or even drake for that matter.

Hes undeniably nice but his style of lyricism...the way he crams a thousand complex concepts and rhyme schemes into every verse...it takes away from his''listenability'' to me. He need to take a lesson or 2 from Nas, 3 stacks, em and jay. Let the brilliance out in spurts with breaks in theultra-lyricism in between. If there is such a thing as going too hard lyrically...lupe does it. The lulls in action in a verse can actually make it moreenjoyable and ''musical''. Let the music talk to me B...dont lecture me. Thats probably why I enjoy F&L more than The Cool. His flow andsubject matter are pretty much flawless but listenin to his s. can feel like a task sometimes.

Definitely has talent, nice flow, complex lyrics. I would consider him sort of a "rookie sensation" still. We will let his albums speak for him.

Back
Top Bottom