M.I.A. APPRECIATION POST VOL. I AINT KNOW G

after seeing the paper planes video i was highly impressed with her sound. i heard her before but the one joint she had on mtv wasnt really up my alley but thepaper planes video made me wanna find out more about her music. i cant beleive i didnt get into this a long time ago. her sound is just cold as hell g. likenobody has a styl like hers in her genre right now. she snappin. these are some of my favorite joints:

What I Got
pimp.gif

20 Dollars
Hit That
Far Far
Down River (reminds me of ghetto techno)
Mango Pickle Down River (for some reason this reminds me of a beastie boys track)
The Turn
pimp.gif

the production is
eek.gif
also....

bamboo banga is the song of the year.

paper planes is up there as well.

if ur just gettin into it now get her first cd, arular, as well as the diplo mix called ummmmm... piracy funds terrorism volume one

a trend I wouldn't mind NT to hop on

for starters - check out the track "$10" on her album Arular

I dont get the hype that surrounds her on NT. I have both her albums. and i do like some songs but mmehhhh I could care less about this chick and her music. Iguess im not opening my ears enough for her but i really dont get it.

Originally Posted by Young Easy

after seeing the paper planes video i was highly impressed with her sound. i heard her before but the one joint she had on mtv wasnt really up my alley but the paper planes video made me wanna find out more about her music. i cant beleive i didnt get into this a long time ago. her sound is just cold as hell g. like nobody has a styl like hers in her genre right now. she snappin. these are some of my favorite joints:

What I Got
pimp.gif

20 Dollars
Hit That
Far Far
Down River (reminds me of ghetto techno)
Mango Pickle Down River (for some reason this reminds me of a beastie boys track)
The Turn
pimp.gif

the production is
eek.gif
also....
What album are these all on? One of my friend keeps trying to put me on to her, she likes her style and music a lot.

what i got was a bonus track i found online.

i didnt know so many people even liked or disliked her, either way, shes got a new fan. and i agree, shes beautiful too.

your right harmcity a lot of her joints have that bmore club sound.

Originally Posted by B Rad Glockman

I dont get the hype that surrounds her on NT. I have both her albums. and i do like some songs but mmehhhh I could care less about this chick and her music. I guess im not opening my ears enough for her but i really dont get it.
The "hype" that you claim surrounds her on NT is a relatively new one, if there is any hype at all, and that is mostly because of PaperPlanes. I honestly don't think there is much to "get". It's politically-driven dance music.

Yea dude, it's different music but it's pretty good stuff. Paper Planes, $20 (Where Is My Mind/Blue Monday mashup) , Mango Pickle Down River are myfaves at the moment.

Didn't Jay-Z sign Lady Sovereign thinking she was going to be the next M.I.A.?

Young Easy, you should check out her mixtape w/ Diplo called "Piracy Funds Terrorism". Came out before her first album. Good stuff.

Lady Soverign is rapping BUM....I don't know what jay was thinkin'...Or was he thinkin' at all?

My homies told M.I.A. did her thing when she came to Bmore..Did a show with DJ Blaqstarr ( the current king of Bmore club )

I was quite upset I missed that
mad.gif

Rolling stone gave this crap Album of the Year. (Jay-Z - Roc Boys was the song of the year)

indifferent.gif
x2

Thats just shows me two things:

1. Music is in a bad state. This, without a doubt, the worst era of music in the last 50 years

2. Rolling Stone is a terrible magazine

But for some reason I feel Paper Planes
laugh.gif

^all personal opionion family. breath easy...

jay was out of his mind signing that chick. now gettin his hands on mia woulda been a good move for him.

i was just listening to a joint she had today talkin bout walkin the streets of baltimore. i knew she had to have been there wit the heavy influence on hermusic..

i cant stop playing 20 dollars..

Back
Top Bottom