**Mac Heads/ Graphic Designers Check In: I need help**

listen man...go with the pro...having the separate video/graphic cards comes in handy in the long run....and also the anti glare screen is a must....like myman said above they are going to be upgraded soon with different processing chips so hold out for a little while if u can....a maxed out macbook is a beast butoverall it is a weaker machine than the pro...bottom line

When purchasing a laptop, you should always buy the best processor you can afford at the time.
I wouldn't bother with the Macbook for what you are doing, you can probably get away with it but it isn't nearly as powerful as the MBP and you'llnotice a big difference between the two if ever you get
At the rate that things are going, it seems that everything is only going to get more demanding, so even if you don't need the power of a MBP right now,you may need it in the future, so at least you'll be prepared and "normal" day to day stuff (surfing the web, downloading, video editing, etc)won't be so taxing on your overall performance.

bigger screen real-estate, faster processors, faster hard-drive, faster system bus

Originally Posted by mstrpln

When purchasing a laptop, you should always buy the best processor you can afford at the time.
I wouldn't bother with the Macbook for what you are doing, you can probably get away with it but it isn't nearly as powerful as the MBP and you'll notice a big difference between the two if ever you get
At the rate that things are going, it seems that everything is only going to get more demanding, so even if you don't need the power of a MBP right now, you may need it in the future, so at least you'll be prepared and "normal" day to day stuff (surfing the web, downloading, video editing, etc) won't be so taxing on your overall performance.

bigger screen real-estate, faster processors, faster hard-drive, faster system bus
They all use the same SR chipset and all carry the 800Mhz FSB
tongue.gif

one question i am trying uninstall my cs3 out of mac? how can i do this w/o dragging it to the trash...

^^^Under Utilities there should be a Adobe folder or Adobe installer folder, there should be an Uninstall app in there.

Originally Posted by roback1991

Originally Posted by ebayologist

don't be offend and i'm not dissing you at all but
laugh.gif
@ cooper union... good luck...

Pratt is cool though. Real interesting neighborhood. After the campus tour there I went and had my first ever slice of Juniors Cheese Cake.

You look into SVA or Parsons at all?

Not offended at all. I really don't imagine getting into Cooper Union
laugh.gif
. I have looked at Parsons, not SVA though. I definitely want NY or Chicago.
Good luck with Cooper Union. I wouldn't goto Pratt for Graphic Design, but thats just me. They got EVERYTHING laid out for you.....and thats notreally my style. And I wouldn't recommend Parsons for Graphic Design either, they're good for other majors though. Definitely look into SVA,they're legit. SAIC is good, ebayologist will tell you since he goes there. And even though you're not considering Cali, gotta rep my alumni school,Art Center in pasadena
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom