MAC USERS-help!

I just purchased a MacBook from my friend. I need to factory restore it but I do not have the OS disk. Can anyone give me some help?

Well thank you, but if you read any of those sites, they are all asking the same question. None of them have answers.

Theres answers all over. You need the disc. Without it you cant do it.

Originally Posted by megatron

Theres answers all over. You need the disc. Without it you cant do it.

Seriously? How can people say a computer limiting simple features, like factory restore without disks, is the best on the market right now?

Today, Apple introduced Lion Recovery as part of its OS X Lion distribution. Built into Lion, Recovery allows you to get your Mac back up and running after a catastrophic failure. By holding down Command-R during startup, Lion automatically boots from its recovery partition rather than its primary day-to-day partition.

The recovery partition allows you to run Disk Utility, to erase your primary drive, re-install a fresh copy of Lion or restore from Time Machine. It also offers a built-in Safari web browser so you can search for help information online before applying the recovery tools.

link 

i tried
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by whyhellothere

Today, Apple introduced Lion Recovery as part of its OS X Lion distribution. Built into Lion, Recovery allows you to get your Mac back up and running after a catastrophic failure. By holding down Command-R during startup, Lion automatically boots from its recovery partition rather than its primary day-to-day partition.

The recovery partition allows you to run Disk Utility, to erase your primary drive, re-install a fresh copy of Lion or restore from Time Machine. It also offers a built-in Safari web browser so you can search for help information online before applying the recovery tools.

link 

i tried
ohwell.gif

Thank you, but it's actually running snowleopard still 
eyes.gif
 I called Apple and they said the only solution is to take it to an Apple store since the main problem is that System Preferences won't work. 
frown.gif
frown.gif

Back
Top Bottom