Mac users, how many cycles are you on/battery capacity?

Originally Posted by brettTHEjett

Battery Information:

Battery Installed:Yes
First low level warning:No
Full Charge Capacity (mAh):2880
Remaining Capacity (mAh):2321
Amperage (mA):-1726
Voltage (mV):11146
Cycle Count:645

bad?
2321/2880 ~ 80%
I think Apple recommends having it changed out when it dips below 80%. 

Originally Posted by brettTHEjett

Battery Information:

First low level warning:No
Full Charge Capacity (mAh):2880
Remaining Capacity (mAh):2321
Amperage (mA):-1726
Voltage (mV):11146
Cycle Count:645

bad?
2321/2880 ~ 80%
I think Apple recommends having it changed out when it dips below 80%. 

2hp7ehj.jpg

06 macbook still kicking

Whats the best method to maximize battery life? Keep it plugged in as much as you can or charge it and then drain it all the way down?

Whats the best method to maximize battery life? Keep it plugged in as much as you can or charge it and then drain it all the way down?

Charge Information:

Charge remaining (mAh):3896

Fully charged:No

Charging:No

Full charge capacity (mAh):5648

Health Information:

Cycle count:4

Condition:Normal

Amperage (mA):-610

Voltage (mV):11644 

Charge Information:

Charge remaining (mAh):3896

Charging:No

Full charge capacity (mAh):5648

Health Information:

Cycle count:4

Condition:Normal

Amperage (mA):-610

Voltage (mV):11644 

Originally Posted by i am toddzo

Keep it plugged in. Itll charge up and then bypass the battery so youre running off power straight from the outlet, avoiding wearing the battery down. At least I think thats how it works. Regardless its better to keep it plugged in. Running it down all the way and doing the calibration for the battery every couple months cant hurt, but its not really needed.

Keep it plugged in. Itll charge up and then bypass the battery so youre running off power straight from the outlet, avoiding wearing the battery down. At least I think thats how it works. Regardless its better to keep it plugged in. Running it down all the way and doing the calibration for the battery every couple months cant hurt, but its not really needed.

Depending on the year/model you're using, the capacity count will help you determine when to replace the battery
The older laptop, I believe from Jan 09 need to have the batteries replaced after a 250 cycle count.

Just an FYi for those who have Apple Care. Apple will replace your battery if it has not gotten to 180 cycle count.
This usually equates to about 6-8 months.

When you get close to 180 cycle count, call Apple claiming your computer keeps shutting off when it gets to 50%.
Apple will ask you to run a diagnosis to check the battery. They will see that there is nothing wrong with the computer but, will still send you a new battery to replace the old one. Repeat this process again when it gets to 180 cycle count again, or before your apple care expires. This time, after they run the diagnosis and see there's nothing wrong, they probably won't send you a new battery being that they sent you one already a few months ago. At this point, or before they run the diagnosis, hold the power button down until it goes off. When back at startup, they'll run the diagnosis and no problem will show up. But being that they were on the phone, believing it shut off, they'll send you a new battery. Get it???

I've done this for the last 3 years, and have gotten a fresh battery free of charge each time.
My lil contribution to NT.

Depending on the year/model you're using, the capacity count will help you determine when to replace the battery
The older laptop, I believe from Jan 09 need to have the batteries replaced after a 250 cycle count.

Just an FYi for those who have Apple Care. Apple will replace your battery if it has not gotten to 180 cycle count.
This usually equates to about 6-8 months.

When you get close to 180 cycle count, call Apple claiming your computer keeps shutting off when it gets to 50%.
Apple will ask you to run a diagnosis to check the battery. They will see that there is nothing wrong with the computer but, will still send you a new battery to replace the old one. Repeat this process again when it gets to 180 cycle count again, or before your apple care expires. This time, after they run the diagnosis and see there's nothing wrong, they probably won't send you a new battery being that they sent you one already a few months ago. At this point, or before they run the diagnosis, hold the power button down until it goes off. When back at startup, they'll run the diagnosis and no problem will show up. But being that they were on the phone, believing it shut off, they'll send you a new battery. Get it???

I've done this for the last 3 years, and have gotten a fresh battery free of charge each time.
My lil contribution to NT.

Originally Posted by 2LipsLegit

Incorrect. The best way to maximize your battery is to plug it in, then let it drain before recharging it. 
Leaving it plugged will continue to wear down your battery.

Originally Posted by 2LipsLegit

Incorrect. The best way to maximize your battery is to plug it in, then let it drain before recharging it. 
Leaving it plugged will continue to wear down your battery.

Just use your laptop and not worry about battery life.

Just use your laptop and not worry about battery life.

Charge Information:
Charge remaining (mAh):4373
Charging:Yes
Full charge capacity (mAh):4388
Health Information:
Cycle count:1222
Condition:Good

Had this for 2 years, am i ok?

Charge Information:
Charge remaining (mAh):4373
Charging:Yes
Full charge capacity (mAh):4388
Health Information:
Cycle count:1222
Condition:Good

Had this for 2 years, am i ok?

So ive only had my macbook pro for 6 weeks and today i look at the battery and it says replace now. Couldn't believe it. how could this happen so soon? Anyway, i don't have applecare as of yet but its still under warrenty, will this cost me anything? or is it covered?

thanks!

So ive only had my macbook pro for 6 weeks and today i look at the battery and it says replace now. Couldn't believe it. how could this happen so soon? Anyway, i don't have applecare as of yet but its still under warrenty, will this cost me anything? or is it covered?

thanks!

^^ You're still covered under their warranty for 6 months. But if it's 6 weeks old, I would have them replace the logic board as well.

Back
Top Bottom