macbook heads: whats exactly wrong with my macbook pro? help

I tried checking online for help and i am still confused about whats wrong with it.
A few weeks ago, my mbp (unibody 2009) was actng funny. It would jus shut down and it would not charge. If it does turn on, it would shut off after a minute. There would be one blinking green light if u press the battery status button on the side.
Since i have anothrr comp, i was jus using that until i remembered about my mbp.
I made a appt today but i couldnt go bc i was busy.
Anyone know wat the prob is?And if i did plug in tge charger it would say 'not charging'sounds like i need another mbp?

Try resetting the SMC. If you have one with the removable battery then turn it off, remove the battery, and hold the power button for like 20 secs while having the charger unplugged. And try turning it on then maybe. Otherwise take it to the store, they are awesome if you have the warranty. My 08 Unibody was serviced this past October like 9 days before my warranty expired. They replaced the screen, motherboard, DVD drive, and like 2 other things.

Originally Posted by Biggie62

Try resetting the SMC. If you have one with the removable battery then turn it off, remove the battery, and hold the power button for like 20 secs while having the charger unplugged. And try turning it on then maybe. Otherwise take it to the store, they are awesome if you have the warranty. My 08 Unibody was serviced this past October like 9 days before my warranty expired. They replaced the screen, motherboard, DVD drive, and like 2 other things.

You cant remove the battery from any of the 09 or later MBPs.

Here's how to reset the SMC on your computer OP.
Shut down the computer.
Plug in the MagSafe power adapter to a power source, connecting it to the Mac if its not already connected.
On the built-in keyboard, press the (left side) Shift-Control-Option keys and the power button at the same time.
Release all the keys and the power button at the same time.
Press the power button to turn on the computer.

Originally Posted by FlipnKraut

Shut down the computer.
Plug in the MagSafe power adapter to a power source, connecting it to the Mac if its not already connected.
On the built-in keyboard, press the (left side) Shift-Control-Option keys and the power button at the same time.
i think i tried this from reading somewhere online. it would work for about another minute and shut off.
and the macbook doesnt work without the charger
frown.gif

no warranty either
eyes.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif

looks like im screwed....

Sounds like a hardware issue if you did an SMC Reset and you still are experiencing the same problems. You should have the CPU checked and see what the source of the problem is.

you guys think theres logic board issue? or battery issue? i really want to start using mac again. im not fond of going back to windows....
frown.gif

Originally Posted by jehims

Originally Posted by FlipnKraut

Shut down the computer.

i think i tried this from reading somewhere online. it would work for about another minute and shut off.
and the macbook doesnt work without the charger
frown.gif

no warranty either
eyes.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif

looks like im screwed....

If it works with the charger, all it means is that your battery is dead dude. Go to the store and buy a new one.

i tried it just now and it doesnt even turn on with the charger anymore....do you think there is something wrong with the charging port?

go to the genius bar. i had the same thing happen to me mine was an 08 though. it just wouldn't turn on but i know i have power since the blinking lights is going on and off. took it to the genius bar and even though i don't have a warranty it has to do with the hardware and they replaced it free of charge.

Back
Top Bottom