Mad Men Season 7 Discussion Thread - Final Episodes - SERIES FINALE

Megan did that on purpose to send Stephanie on her way especially after she said I know all of Don's secrets. She knew Don only came out to see Stephanie and that goofy smile on his face when Stephanie called in the morning confirmed it lmao.

Megan and Don's marriage is to the point of no return. Don has checked completely and the more Megan tries is just going to push Don away more.

I felt the thing with Ginsberg was too rushed and too sudden.

That's what I was thinking too but I wasnt sure!

tbt if Megan said she wanted a divorce Don likely wouldnt even care.

Last edited:
Also I felt that after she heard the girl say "I know all his secrets" she wanted to feel like she knew Don more. So she reacted how she thought he would react. Just to find out she was wrong and didnt know Don at all.

made me think I missed an episode or something :lol:

Word, I was thinking....wtf..didn't they just have a fight like an episode ago? :stoneface: I guess we're fast fowarding 1-2 weeks so it's mellowed out...

Megan's friend Amy.....damn... way hotter than Megan :lol: :pimp:

I didnt think she was bad. Just expected a drop dead gorgeous woman after all this time and she was just cute. Still tho I liked her in her appearance in the wolf of wall street and on himym

i dont remember her on wolf of wall street (I just saw it Sunday)
it's not because she wasn't beautiful or anything. i actually think she is very cute. a little above AWG

I think we expected a ted clone but not someone who would be just like him.

idk maybe it was just me, but it was also the whole plot of the finale made me feel i wasted that whole last season and season 8 (the rest have been good.

oh that was her lol she looked different to me. or I just forgot what she looked like in general

I didn't realize it until this episode (which was probably the point) but I've really missed having Pete in the office. He and Don grew to respect each other over the years, and especially with the merger, they've relied on each other more. And I loved Pete having Don's back and bringing him into the meeting. Although it's likely equal parts Pete's respect for Don and his lack of confidence in Peggy :lol: The final scene of their little "family" in Burger Chef was a great closer as well.

Don's small undermining of Peggy's idea messed her up big time :lol: But that brought them back together in their shared passion over the job. That was probably the easiest thing to predict from this season.. Peggy and Don will never find anyone who sees the job the same way as they do and that's what makes their relationship unique.

I like that Roger has something on that dude now.. with Benson being the one that was brought in by him.

So are they doin the Breaking Bad BS and splitting the season in half?

The **** is a mid season finale?

Yeah, that was announced as the plan before the season started. They said it'll be a "normal" kind of season finale.. so I assume the storylines we've been building to (landing Burger Chef, Phillip Morris, Don's return, his marriage falling apart, etc.) will be resolved by the end of this "season".

Peggy just needs to own up to it. She does her best work and actually enjoys doing her job when it's with Don and when he pushes her to do better. Being bitter about the politics of it needs to stop and be put aside.

Son this dude Bob Benson had me like :wow: when he pulled that ring. I actually said aloud "Aint you gay Bob?" He basically proposed Joan be his beard :lol: Plus he was super insulting when he broke down her current living situation :lol: I was a bit lost on the scene with the chevy guy and him getting beat the hell up. Did he proposition and undercover cop and get beat up? Felt like he had a relationship with Bob in Det.

Megan looking extra thirsty just popping up. Had to check back again after that 3some. Don of course isn't even aware of her concerns.

I liked how Pete was pathetic for a sec trying to see if he could get that old thing back but then once he was shut down quickly moved back on with his main chick :lol: Also he's really trusting and has faith in Don since this merger has progressed. Has me wondering if he reluctantly said yes during the vote. Too bad the rest don't realize Don is a sure thing for a pitch anymore. More time for showing and proving.

I was a bit lost on the scene with the chevy guy and him getting beat the hell up. Did he proposition and undercover cop and get beat up? Felt like he had a relationship with Bob in Det.
Correct.

Last season, Bob also had a low-key relationship with another dude.

Bomb episode :smokin

The writers truly understand marketing. Wonder if any of them ever worked for an ad agency.

Why do Roger and Joan hate Harry anyway?

She's the newest partner, and she's felt unappreciated and ignored at the agency for awhile.. so adding another partner will only make her less important.

Roger just hates Harry. Harry has good ideas and he's been ahead of the curve on TV, but he can also be a sniveling yes man and he's just the kind of guy Roger wouldn't respect.

Back
Top Bottom