Madden 15 PS4 League - SEASON 3 WEEK 1 - HEADLINES:

AFTER YOUR GAMES ARE COMPLETE DO NOT QUIT IMMEDIATELY, GO TO THE REPLAY SCREEN AND TAKE A SCREENSHOT OF A MOMENT YOU'D LIKE FEATURED IN THE WRITEUP. THEN SEND IT TO ME VIA PSN.

WELCOME BACK TO THE GAUNTLET!!! :nthat: :nthat: :nthat:

DID WE JUST WITNESS WEEK 10, OR WAS IT THE PAULY D INVITATIONAL??

BECAUSE THERE WERE BLOWOUTS EVERYWHERE!!! AND WE EVEN SAW THE FIERY DEMISE OF ONE OF OUR MORE NOTORIOUS COMPETITORS...LET'S RECAP THE ACTION!!

We start in Philadelphia, where, for the second year in a row, the Eagles hosted the Panthers in a Week 10 MNF battle!! Last season, with both teams reeling at 3-6, the Eagles outlasted Carolina in an OT thriller!!..

But this time, with Philly entering at 3-5 && looking to resurrect their season, the Panthers marched in tied at an NFC-best 6-2, && were in search of what they called...

The Getback!!! :pimp:

And indeed they obtained it, cruising to a 34-10 lead behind a stellar performance by the defense, && a 4 TD night from QB Cam Newton!! What a difference a year makes, as Carolina now sits at 7-2 on the year && looks poised to make a playoff run, while the Eagles look to catch lightning in a bottle once more...:smokin :smokin

34 points looked like child's play this week, as did any mortal man who attempted to get in the way of @TimidTebow's Cincinnati Bengals!!! The #TebowTakeover was in full effect as he destroyed the Cleveland Browns, 38-7!!! :wow:

But wait...lets rewind...

Because we witnessed history withthis game!! No, no records were broken, but a man's pride sure was!! So much so that the Browns are under new management after their old regime's final impression was being on the wrong end of a 38-0 BEAT DOWN!!! You can now find the former owner in a random online death match near you!!

Now, let me ask you, competitior...

Have you EVER heard a man's game system weep on behalf of its owner???

Begging to it's owner in Systemese, "PLEASE retire your sticks!!!"

We were weeping at the NTML Studios too after such a poetic display of football!!! The Bengals have turned the corner!!! Or have they??? :nerd: Let's see if they can do something like this again moving forward...Tebow, you have our attention..:wow: :wow: :wow:

BUT...38 points wasn't that great either...not when you compare it to 49!!!

The Bears (609 yards of total offense) made food of the Cheeseheads in every way possible: cheese sticks, grilled cheese, cheese puffs, Cheez Whiz, && cheesecake to top off a 49-17 demolition of the Packers at Soldier Field!!! The evolution of MVP candidate Jay Cutler continued in emphatic fashion, as he threw for SIX TDs, to go along with Matt Forte's 217 yard day on the ground!!! He scored...as did Alshon Jeffery...as did Brandon Marshall...as did Martellus Bennett (twice)...as did Marquess Wilson...as did former Packer Jermichael Finley...

It was so bad, several local Chicago newspapers reported that even the late, great Walter Payton rolled over...&& guess what happened when he did? He ended up in the endzone too!!! Not many teams would want to do battle with the Windy City's own right now!!! :wow: :wow: :wow: :wow:

So I went snorkeling in the midst of Week 10, && even a non-swimmer such as myself noticed something when I gathered myself enough to observe the water; the Dolphins that usually populated it weren't there!!! They weren't at MetLife Stadium very long either, as the Jets, in airport-approved fashionably late from, quickly completed the #MetLifeMassacre with a gruesome 49-22 win over their AFCE leading rivals in a heated contest!!!

However, we have footage of their short time with us, as well as their second half departure!!!

HIGHLIGHTS!!!

Geno Smith possibly hadn't looked this good since his mom's vision of him prior to his birth, torpedoing the Phins defense to the tune of 366 yards && 3 TDs!! The trash talk between the two teams was indeed evident over the course of the game, with Gang Green piling the points on even after the game had been decided!!! Now with the tension greater than ever, the Jets sit just a game back of Miami for first place in the AFCE, && with an upcoming rematch in the 305 just weeks away, you can bet we haven't seen but the beginning of this war!!! :wow: :wow: :wow: :wow: :wow:

CRAZY, BUT THAT WASN'T EVEN THE BIGGEST DEMOLITION OF THE WEEK!!!

Seems like Terrelle Pryor needs to find his way back on the field fast, because he told me there'd be a Mixtape available in Seattle this week!!

Only problem was none of the tracks made it on to the hard copy that was the 12th Man's primetime stage...just like how none of the Rams seemed to make it to the Pacific Northwest, as they got absolutely plastered by the Seahawks, 58-24!!!

Think about it...that's supposed to be a very good BASKETBALL team's record, not a football score!!!

And it was ugly in all aspects!! Russell Wilson passed for nearly 300 yards && 3 TDs, while Marshawn Lynch scored three times himself before leaving the game in a spirited effort to get a store credit for the defective Mixtape at several undisclosed locations!! While we don't know if Beast Mode was successful in his quest, we do know that the Hawks now hold a two game lead in the NFCW, && still are the frontrunners for HFA in the NFC playoffs after improving to 7-2!!! St. Louis, meanwhile, just got #ChoppedAndSlopped && are anxious to put this nightmarish performance behind them as they look to get back on track in hopes of a playoff berth!!! :wow: :wow: :wow: :wow: :wow: :wow: :wow:

The bad blood didn't stop with these one sided affairs, however...

The Ravens && Steelers reminded us that their rivalry isn't to be just thrown to the wayside!! In fact, it may be as interesting as it's been in quite some time!!!

HIGHLIGHTS!!!

As you saw, the Ravens pulled out a gutsy 34-31 win in the 412 over the now 5-4 Steelers, && moved into first place in the AFCN at 6-3!!! After a 4th down late in the game which drew the ire of many of the Steel City contingent && led to the game winning FG, Pittsburgh coach Mike Tomlin reminded us all that a second game between the two clubs looms just a few short weeks away in Baltimore!!! I sense some particular spotlight coming on for that one...:nerd: :nerd: :nerd:

IN OTHER ACTION:

#SafetyFirstInTampa : The Bucs, as hot && cold a team as there is in the league, gave up a safety in their game against the Saints && predictably lost by that same 2-point margin, 19-17!! Tarvaris Jackson knows exactly where to place a wet floor sign...&& where the spill kits are located!!

If only he could place his passes in spots where his receivers could actually locate those as well...:nerd: :nerd: :nerd:

The Raiders keep on pushing!! They easily handle their division nemesis, the San Diego Chargers, 34-0!! Is the Silver && Black returning to glory before our very eyes??? :nerd: :nerd:

The Cardinals, quiet as kept, are lurking in the NFC playoff chase!! They defeat the game but in-flux 49ers, 17-14 in the desert!!! :nthat:

The Titans won't go winless this year! But they won't be getting off the schnide against the now 5-4 Patriots, who cruised to a 38-14 victory in Foxboro!! New England isn't out of that AFCE chase by any means!! :pimp:

Does Washington not want the NFCE??? They fell to the Bills, 27-24, && although the Cowboys were on a bye, plus the Eagles 10-34 vs CAR) && Giants losing (21-28 @ DET), will the Skins be able to repossess control of the ship before another team does??? and is this the start of a new day in Buffalo?? :nerd: :nerd:

The Colts && Jags are still very much contenders in the AFCS!! Indy failed to obtain the season sweep, losing 24-21 to Jacksonville && leaving both teams at 4-5, one game back of the division leading, 5-4 Texans, who surged past the Falcons, 35-24!! :pimp:

WHILE OUR OTHER KEY GAME CHOICES FOR WEEK 11 HAVE ALREADY BEEN PLAYED, OUR CHOICE FOR GAME OF THE WEEK STILL REMAINS!!!

:pimp: :pimp: NO @ SEA!!! :pimp: :pimp:

The 7-2 Hawks are flying high after an offensive explosion against the Rams last week!! High, as in, atop the NFC!! But with fellow 2-loss Carolina already winning this week, Seattle must also face the music against a possible contender: the 6-3 New Orleans Saints!!! Can the Who Dat Nation maintain their hold on the final NFC Wild Card spot, while also staying a game back in the NFCS chase of the Panthers??? We cover this game, && plenty more, next week in...

:smokin :nthat: THE GAUNTLET!!! :smokin :nthat:

HEADLINES: Assaultin' a Dolphin, Corrupted Mixtape, && Shmoney Shmeltdown!!!

PLAYOFF PICTURE (as of 11/19/14, 4:36 AM)

NFC!

View media item 1267233
AFC!

View media item 1267234

Last edited:
WELCOME BACK TO THE GAUNTLET!!!
nthat.gif
nthat.gif
nthat.gif

DID WE JUST WITNESS WEEK 10, OR WAS IT THE PAULY D INVITATIONAL??

BECAUSE THERE WERE BLOWOUTS EVERYWHERE!!! AND WE EVEN SAW THE FIERY DEMISE OF ONE OF OUR MORE NOTORIOUS COMPETITORS...LET'S RECAP THE ACTION!!

We start in Philadelphia, where, for the second year in a row, the Eagles hosted the Panthers in a Week 10 MNF battle!! Last season, with both teams reeling at 3-6, the Eagles outlasted Carolina in an OT thriller!!..

But this time, with Philly entering at 3-5 && looking to resurrect their season, the Panthers marched in tied at an NFC-best 6-2, && were in search of what they called...

The Getback!!!
pimp.gif

And indeed they obtained it, cruising to a 34-10 lead behind a stellar performance by the defense, && a 4 TD night from QB Cam Newton!! What a difference a year makes, as Carolina now sits at 7-2 on the year && looks poised to make a playoff run, while the Eagles look to catch lightning in a bottle once more...
smokin.gif
smokin.gif

34 points looked like child's play this week, as did any mortal man who attempted to get in the way of @TimidTebow's Cincinnati Bengals!!! The #TebowTakeover was in full effect as he destroyed the Cleveland Browns, 38-7!!!
eek.gif

But wait...lets rewind...

Because we witnessed history withthis game!! No, no records were broken, but a man's pride sure was!! So much so that the Browns are under new management after their old regime's final impression was being on the wrong end of a 38-0 BEAT DOWN!!! You can now find the former owner in a random online death match near you!!

Now, let me ask you, competitior...

Have you EVER heard a man's game system weep on behalf of its owner???

Begging to it's owner in Systemese, "PLEASE retire your sticks!!!"

We were weeping at the NTML Studios too after such a poetic display of football!!! The Bengals have turned the corner!!! Or have they???
nerd.gif
Let's see if they can do something like this again moving forward...Tebow, you have our attention..
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

BUT...38 points wasn't that great either...not when you compare it to 49!!!

The Bears (609 yards of total offense) made food of the Cheeseheads in every way possible: cheese sticks, grilled cheese, cheese puffs, Cheez Whiz, && cheesecake to top off a 49-17 demolition of the Packers at Soldier Field!!! The evolution of MVP candidate Jay Cutler continued in emphatic fashion, as he threw for SIX TDs, to go along with Matt Forte's 217 yard day on the ground!!! He scored...as did Alshon Jeffery...as did Brandon Marshall...as did Martellus Bennett (twice)...as did Marquess Wilson...as did former Packer Jermichael Finley...

It was so bad, several local Chicago newspapers reported that even the late, great Walter Payton rolled over...&& guess what happened when he did? He ended up in the endzone too!!! Not many teams would want to do battle with the Windy City's own right now!!!
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

So I went snorkeling in the midst of Week 10, && even a non-swimmer such as myself noticed something when I gathered myself enough to observe the water; the Dolphins that usually populated it weren't there!!! They weren't at MetLife Stadium very long either, as the Jets, in airport-approved fashionably late from, quickly completed the #MetLifeMassacre with a gruesome 49-22 win over their AFCE leading rivals in a heated contest!!!

However, we have footage of their short time with us, as well as their second half departure!!!

HIGHLIGHTS!!!

Geno Smith possibly hadn't looked this good since his mom's vision of him prior to his birth, torpedoing the Phins defense to the tune of 366 yards && 3 TDs!! The trash talk between the two teams was indeed evident over the course of the game, with Gang Green piling the points on even after the game had been decided!!! Now with the tension greater than ever, the Jets sit just a game back of Miami for first place in the AFCE, && with an upcoming rematch in the 305 just weeks away, you can bet we haven't seen but the beginning of this war!!!
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

CRAZY, BUT THAT WASN'T EVEN THE BIGGEST DEMOLITION OF THE WEEK!!!

Seems like Terrelle Pryor needs to find his way back on the field fast, because he told me there'd be a Mixtape available in Seattle this week!!

Only problem was none of the tracks made it on to the hard copy that was the 12th Man's primetime stage...just like how none of the Rams seemed to make it to the Pacific Northwest, as they got absolutely plastered by the Seahawks, 58-24!!!

Think about it...that's supposed to be a very good BASKETBALL team's record, not a football score!!!

And it was ugly in all aspects!! Russell Wilson passed for nearly 300 yards && 3 TDs, while Marshawn Lynch scored three times himself before leaving the game in a spirited effort to get a store credit for the defective Mixtape at several undisclosed locations!! While we don't know if Beast Mode was successful in his quest, we do know that the Hawks now hold a two game lead in the NFCW, && still are the frontrunners for HFA in the NFC playoffs after improving to 7-2!!! St. Louis, meanwhile, just got #ChoppedAndSlopped && are anxious to put this nightmarish performance behind them as they look to get back on track in hopes of a playoff berth!!!
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

The bad blood didn't stop with these one sided affairs, however...

The Ravens && Steelers reminded us that their rivalry isn't to be just thrown to the wayside!! In fact, it may be as interesting as it's been in quite some time!!!

HIGHLIGHTS!!!

As you saw, the Ravens pulled out a gutsy 34-31 win in the 412 over the now 5-4 Steelers, && moved into first place in the AFCN at 6-3!!! After a 4th down late in the game which drew the ire of many of the Steel City contingent && led to the game winning FG, Pittsburgh coach Mike Tomlin reminded us all that a second game between the two clubs looms just a few short weeks away in Baltimore!!! I sense some particular spotlight coming on for that one...
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

IN OTHER ACTION:

#SafetyFirstInTampa : The Bucs, as hot && cold a team as there is in the league, gave up a safety in their game against the Saints && predictably lost by that same 2-point margin, 19-17!! Tarvaris Jackson knows exactly where to place a wet floor sign...&& where the spill kits are located!!

If only he could place his passes in spots where his receivers could actually locate those as well...
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

The Raiders keep on pushing!! They easily handle their division nemesis, the San Diego Chargers, 34-0!! Is the Silver && Black returning to glory before our very eyes???
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

The Cardinals, quiet as kept, are lurking in the NFC playoff chase!! They defeat the game but in-flux 49ers, 17-14 in the desert!!!
nthat.gif

The Titans won't go winless this year! But they won't be getting off the schnide against the now 5-4 Patriots, who cruised to a 38-14 victory in Foxboro!! New England isn't out of that AFCE chase by any means!!
pimp.gif

Does Washington not want the NFCE??? They fell to the Bills, 27-24, && although the Cowboys were on a bye, plus the Eagles 10-34 vs CAR) && Giants losing (21-28 @ DET), will the Skins be able to repossess control of the ship before another team does??? and is this the start of a new day in Buffalo??
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

The Colts && Jags are still very much contenders in the AFCS!! Indy failed to obtain the season sweep, losing 24-21 to Jacksonville && leaving both teams at 4-5, one game back of the division leading, 5-4 Texans, who surged past the Falcons, 35-24!!
pimp.gif

WHILE OUR OTHER KEY GAME CHOICES FOR WEEK 11 HAVE ALREADY BEEN PLAYED, OUR CHOICE FOR GAME OF THE WEEK STILL REMAINS!!!

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
NO @ SEA!!!
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

The 7-2 Hawks are flying high after an offensive explosion against the Rams last week!! High, as in, atop the NFC!! But with fellow 2-loss Carolina already winning this week, Seattle must also face the music against a possible contender: the 6-3 New Orleans Saints!!! Can the Who Dat Nation maintain their hold on the final NFC Wild Card spot, while also staying a game back in the NFCS chase of the Panthers??? We cover this game, && plenty more, next week in...

smokin.gif
nthat.gif
THE GAUNTLET!!!
smokin.gif
nthat.gif

HEADLINES: Assaultin' a Dolphin, Corrupted Mixtape, && Shmoney Shmeltdown!!!

PLAYOFF PICTURE (as of 11/19/14, 4:36 AM)

NFC!

AFC!
lol good ****, some of em had me rollin....I'm in a damn slump, gotta get my team outta this

Thx fellas, I was so tired towards the end of it but I had to get it done. :pimp: :lol:

Yea it was quite ballsy by Ty, pretty much deciding the game with one play. He was kinda in no man's land, so I could also understand his going for it, although I would've been too risk averse && punted :lol:

"You play to win the game" :smokin

Great post @Toretto.

After seeing footage I wouldn't say @tyonenine was wrong for what he did. With that time and where he was on the field, I'd say that's equal to me saying forget OT I'm going for 2 with 2 secs left. Gutsy move.
Thx fellas, I was so tired towards the end of it but I had to get it done.
pimp.gif
laugh.gif

Yea it was quite ballsy by Ty, pretty much deciding the game with one play. He was kinda in no man's land, so I could also understand his going for it, although I would've been too risk averse && punted
laugh.gif

"You play to win the game"
smokin.gif
Yea, my defense couldn't stop **** for most of the game. I DID NOT want to give him the ball back. I was in a better position on first down, but that sack on Kaep pinned me back. I was gonna consider calling a timeout but I couldn't pass up the chance to go for it when I saw how he lined up his defense. 

Back
Top Bottom