Madden 15 PS4 League - SEASON 3 WEEK 1 - HEADLINES:

frown.gif
frown.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Vikings what time can you play? You Est/Pst? Ima be home in like a hour and a half. Can you play

Last edited:
Damnt man I want in is there any open teams? Or any other leagues goin on??
I'm sim ball 100 %i just missed out when this lg started. Still kicking myself...

Mjsaverx1 if anybody looking to run some friendly games add me , just copped madden a few days ago a bit rusty but what the hell.

LIVE FROM THE NTML STUDIOS, NIKETALK, IN CONJUNCTION WITH #5WIDE ENTERTAINMENT PRESENTS...

:evil: :evil: :evil: THE GAUNTLET!!! :evil: :evil: :evil:

WELCOME BACK!!!

So you've proven yourself quite worthy, competitior! You've survived eight weeks of pure mayhem thus far...but your greatest test has yet to arrive; for, when the pressure builds, how will you perform down the stretch? Will you respond with excellence in clutch situations, with the necessary victories to prove it?? Or will you plummet into an offseason full of reflecting && excuses for losses in games you felt you should have, could have, won???

Ask yourself that, competitior, && let your game do the answering!!! In the meantime, let's look back at the past week's action, which was filled with formidable tests for contenders across the league!!! :smokin :smokin

We start this week with the biggest statement made in quite some time by the 12th Man!!! The latest Game of the Week was held in the Pacific Northwest, as the Seahawks, entering atop the NFC at 5-1, welcomed the 5-2 Pittsburgh Steelers for a primetime showdown!!!

And Seattle emphatically showed us why they are serious contenders for the 2015 World Championship, firing on all cylinders in a strong 42-27 win over the Steel City's own!!! Russell Wilson erupted to the tune of FOUR TD passes, three of which went to second-year WR Kevin Norwood!! Coupled with another 100+ yard effort from Beast Mode, the Hawks were then able to harass rookie QB Jacobie Fisher just about all night long, sacking him 4 times && picking him off twice in an effort which surely caught the attention of many, including yours truly!!! The Hawks are here to stay...:wow: :pimp:

It appears the Chicago Bears are as well!!! MVP candidate Jay Cutler && company welcomed reigning World Champion Kansas City, fresh off a close loss to Miami, to town...and emerged victorious!!! Chicago proved they won't fold under the pressure of the spotlight, as Matt Forte && Martellus Bennett led Da Bears to a 13-0 second half, && a 26-17 victory over the Chiefs!!! Jamaal Charles had a strong outing for KC, but they now find themselves on a mini skid, as they prepare for a HUGE game in Oakland...when you're the Champion, everyone gives you their best shot!!! Let's keep an eye on both of these teams moving forward...:nthat: :nthat:

Also...when you're an aspiring Champion, sometimes you must prove yourself against those who have already tasted part of the glory you have your eyes set on along the way!!! The Carolina Panthers were faced with this exact task, as they entered Week 8 tied with the Hawks atop the NFC at 5-1!!! But they knew they'd be in for a long afternoon against the wounded, yet dangerous NFC Champions from a year ago, the Minnesota Vikings!!!

HIGHLIGHT TIME!!!

Carolina indeed rose to the occasion on an adversity-filled afternoon, as Cam Newton elevated his game in the 4th Quarter, followed by late game inaccuracy by Teddy Bridgewater on the Vikes' final drive, resulting in a 21-17 survival for the now 6-1 Panthers!!! They now take to the road for a 5 week stretch, starting with a Sunday Night battle in the Bayou against the Saints...:wow: :wow:

One team that can't be written off just yet: the Cleveland Browns!!! We saw vintage Shmoney Gang form in St. Louis last week, as the Browns made life very uneasy for Terrelle Pryor, forcing 4 INTs in a 34-17 MNF clobbering of the Rams!!! Josh Gordon was a one-man Mixtape, going for 148 yards && 2 scores in the victory, as Cleveland sets their sights on yet another NFCW group this week...:nerd: :nerd:

Two NFC division leaders also improved to 5-2 last week, as the Skins && Pack won key road games against the Eagles && Saints, respectively!

Washington, behind 97 tough yards from Alfred Morris && two timely takeaways by what has suddenly become a top tier defense, emerged triumphant at Philly, 31-21!!! Leading the NFCE over the lurking Giants && Cowboys, Robert Griffin III && friends look to continue their winning ways when they take their show to the A, where the Falcons, in all of their hapless glory, await!!! :lol: :smokin

Meanwhile, Drew Brees goes down again!!! The Saints star QB, in his first game back from injury, tore his shoulder labrum in an effort to move the chains in what wound up being a 23-17 loss to Green Bay!!! This game wasn't too appealing if you're a fan of QB stats, as all three QBs who saw action on the afternoon (Brees, Rodgers, Austin Davis) combined for just 20 completions!! But the NFCN leading Packers did what they needed to do, as Eddie Lacy plowed for 110 yards && a TD which kept the Cheeseheads ahead for good!! They now head to Ford Field for a divisional duel in Detroit!!! :pimp: :nerd:

In other league action...

The Bucs stay in the playoff picture mix with a 27-10 win over the Falcons! Chants of "Let's Go, Big Man!!!" rang thru Raymond James Stadium all night as Tampa improved to 4-3! :smh: :pimp:

Wow, who got the number of that truck in Indy last week??? Fresh off of getting blasted in Tampa, highlighted by Andrew Luck's stellar 0.0 QB Rating, the Colts rebounded in vengeful fashion, hammering the Jags, 35-7!!! Trent Richardson was a man possessed, bulldozing for 205 yards on the ground, as both struggling Jacksonville QBs combined for 5 INTs, with a fumble to boot, giving them 6 giveaways on the afternoon && inspiring a passionate post game tirade for the ages in the Jaguars press conference!! :nerd: :lol:

The Raiders improved to 5-2 with a 35-10 drubbing of the Bills...we'll be seeing them pretty prominently next week...:nerd: :nerd:

The Cowboys beat the Jets in their first of two straight games against teams that call MetLife home, 27-17...are the Jets in freefall mode, as members of the Dolphins predicted a couple weeks back?? :nerd: :nerd:

The Broncos improved to .500, beating the Chargers, 28-14...

The Ravens rose above the Mendoza Line, winning vs the Bengals, 17-7...

And the 49ers, before a couple surprising personnel moves, outlasted the Lions at Levi's 17-16.

WE'RE AT HALFTIME, BOYS!!!

AND THAT MEANS...

THE WEEKLY PLAYOFF WHITEBOARDS ARE BACK!!! :pimp: :pimp: :pimp:

NFC, where you at??????

*REFLECTS GIANTS 21-17 WIN AGAINST COWBOYS, AS WELL AS RAMS 31-10 WIN AGAINST BENGALS IN WEEK 9*

View media item 1260493
Hawks OVER Panthers (don't know the tiebreaker cause it's too far down the list, we're tied in all the relevant ones :lol:)

Packers OVER Skins (Conference Record)

Giants OVER Bears (Conference Record) *NOTE: NYG already played Week 9 game, defeating DAL 21-17)

Bears OVER Rams (37-34 H2H victory for CHI)

AFC, I know y'all ready!?!?!?!

*REFLECTS PHINS 17-14 VICTORY OVER TEXANS, FORGOT TO ADD 6TH LOSS TO BENGALS RECORD, THEY'RE 2-6 NOW*

View media item 1260489
No noteworthy tiebreakers as of now.

:nerd: Plenty of time left for playoff pushes to be made! :nerd:

WEEK 9 KEY GAMES!!!

HOU @ MIA : MIA wins, 17-14

DAL @ NYG : NYG wins, 21-17

SEA @ CLE : Are the Browns indeed back to form? We shall find out one way or another, as the Shmoney Gang welcomes the co-NFC leading LOB to town in what should be a classic duel between Josh Gordon && Richard Sherman!!! :nthat: :nthat:

ARZ @ MIN : The Cards find themselves in another tight NFCW && Wild Card race!!! At 4-3, they need to win to keep pace in the NFC, but the Vikings, at 3-5, may be down, but certainly not out!! But time is starting to tick on their NFC Title reign...:nerd: :nerd:

CAR @ NO : The Panthers && Saints meet in primetime for the second time in three weeks, this time in the Superdome! Can the Saints overcome the odds with Drew Brees out again, && prevent Carolina from running away with the NFCS? Or will the Panthers make it 7 straight wins && 13 of their last 14, dating back to last season, && stay atop the NFC??? :nthat: :nerd:

TB @ JAX : The battle for second best team in Florida is set as the Bucs travel to Jacksonville, where an angry Jaguar squad awaits!!! Tampa needs a win, as they are in the midst of a tight NFC Wild Card race, while the Jags incredibly still have a legit shot at the AFCS crown after the Texans dropped to .500...but they must overcome the adversity && start winning games soon!!! :pimp: :pimp:

DEN @ NE : The suddenly resurgent Broncos travel to Foxboro once more, as Matt Stafford leads his bunch against Tom Terrific, CJ Spiller, && the Patriots in a crucial game for two teams in the midst of the AFC playoff race!!! :smokin :nerd:

:nthat: :nthat: :nthat: GAME OF THE WEEK: KC @ OAK :nthat: :nthat: :nthat:

IF YOU SAW THE LAST GAME BETWEEN THE CHIEFS && RAIDERS, THEN YOU KNOW THIS GAME NEEDS NO GAUNTLET HYPE...IT SELLS ITSELF!!! WILL THE WORLD CHAMPIONS FIND THE RESOLVE TO AVOID A 3-GAME LOSING SKID??? OR WILL THE SILVER && BLACK FINISH THE JOB THAT THEY CAME WITHIN A SNGLE YARD OF ACCOMPLISHING AT ARROWHEAD???

WE'RE LIVE FROM THE BLACK HOLE!!! FIRST PLACE IN THE AFC WEST, POSITIONING AS THE SECOND SEED IN THE AFC, && GOOD OLD FASHIONED BRAGGING RIGHTS IN THIS CLASSIC RIVALRY ARE AT STAKE!!! :pimp: :pimp: :pimp:

Who you got this week? :nerd: :pimp:

Here's what I think..

TORETTO'S TAKE!!!

TB
MIN
WSH
SEA
NE
GB
*DQ'd from CAR/NO*
IND
BAL
OAK

SOMETIMES, SETTING THE TABLE TAKES A BIT MORE TIME...

BUT WHEN IT'S TIME TO FEAST, IT MAKES IT THAT MUCH MORE WORTH IT!!!

THE FIRST COURSE OF YOUR MEAL IS OVER...

TIME FOR THE SECOND HALF...

LET'S PLAY SOME MORE JOHN MADDEN FOOTBALL!!! AND WE'LL SEE YOU NEXT WEEK, RIGHT HERE IN...

:smokin :evil: :nthat: THE GAUNTLET!!! :nthat: :evil: :smokin

Headline: Chicago "BEARS DOWN"!!!

Last edited:
@Toretto  great write up as usual but you actually picked me to win this week so I'm nervous haha. You have picked me to lose every week during this 5 game win streak I'm on. 
smokin.gif

My fault town I was out early last night. Today I can play whenever after I go to dmv in a bit. Not too late cause imma be heading out somewhere tonight. I'm cst time btw let me know when you're good.

:lol:

Thanks wearwithall14 wearwithall14 !

Damb, I did for 5 weeks straight tho? Talk about bulletin board material!! :lol:

And while I gotta watch out for your boys now since yall are just a game behind me, I also gotta thank you for knocking Brees out again. That was glorious!!! :pimp: :pimp:

Last edited:
Great write up, seeing the board motivated me as I'm right there. "Let's Go Big Man!!! [emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji]

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom