Madison Square Garden...I HAVE to go there!

I was thinking about it, and I have to get to this place before they close it...the amount of history there from Ali to Zeppelin playing 6 sold out nights toLennon's last concert appearance with Sir Elton to Jay-Z selling it out to him now playing 3 NIGHTS there
pimp.gif
I HAVE to make my way to NY and attend an event there I wish i had the money ori would see 'Ye or Jay-Z there...

Does anybody have any memorable stories about MSG? my +@#*$%* dad was onstage for pearl jam there a couple years ago and was on the DVD they put out...seeing aconcert there would be a dream for me...

you didnt even mention the sports history... MJ had some truly classic games in that arena

They're never gonna 'close' it so you have time. They might upgrade the arena but its not like something will ever take MSG's place. My mostmemorable moment is slapping hands with Em and Proof a half year before he passed. I only went to one concert but I was there on the floor in the very frontrow which was cool and sitting court side at a knicks game is something else.

I have NEVER been to a concert at MSG... i missed out on the police tour waiting on that "friend that has the connect from someone that gets tickets forfree" smh at me

Originally Posted by fraij da 5 11

All this LeBron talk get you cheesed?

laugh.gif
...it just confirmed what i was thinking earlier especiallywatching the Foo Fighters first show there a couple weeks ago and seeing the Foo Fighters front row at my school Grohl was still talking about MSG...
you didnt even mention the sports history... MJ had some truly classic games in that arena
I know...memorable $%%%

You don't HAVE to go there you WANT to go there. There is a diffrence between what you want, and what you need.

Stuff you HAVE to do are things like get a job, because if you don't have a job you can't make money. Hustling is a job FYI.

You HAVE to eat, you HAVE to use the bathroom.

You WANT those jordans, you WANT that new car.

With that being said, enjoy life, set your priorities ahead of everything.

God Bless,

-Jacob

Originally Posted by jumpman247

You don't HAVE to go there you WANT to go there. There is a diffrence between what you want, and what you need.

Stuff you HAVE to do are things like get a job, because if you don't have a job you can't make money. Hustling is a job FYI.

God Bless,

-Jacob

before that Reggie Bush comment i would've listened to everything you said...BUT
laugh.gif

but really you're right but as a promoter and manager of a couple bands MSG is the holy land...just like Fenway for me as far as baseball...Cox Arenaand Petco Park are nice but they aren't those two...

I sat right behind the basket where Nate Robinson hit the game winning 3 pointer over AI to win the game in OT. Amazing!

Originally Posted by gregzzy23

They're never gonna 'close' it so you have time. They might upgrade the arena but its not like something will ever take MSG's place.
Isn't that what they said about Yankee Stadium?

Originally Posted by TBONE95860

They're never gonna 'close' it so you have time. They might upgrade the arena but its not like something will ever take MSG's place.

from what i've read once the train station deal is finalized MSG4 is done...

Originally Posted by TBONE95860

George has been pushin for a new ball park for almost a decade, idk exactly what the situation is with MSG.

it hit a snag....they were supposedly going to build it across from the current MSG, behind the post offfice...but something happened....as of right now, plansare delayed

Originally Posted by jumpman247

God Bless,

-Jacob

i HAVE to see the r&b sensation Mario perform or im goint to melt
eek.gif

like omg totally

Ive seen a Rangers hockey game in the playoffs vs. the Sabres

There's a school trip I'm going on in NYC tomorrow...Im defintely going to the Knicks game saturday night...I might try to go to watch St. John'sat noon too but I wanna hit up the NBA/NHL stores and Niketown...

MSG is an awesome place. I saw my first concert there, which as the post creator will appreciate, was Pearl Jam. I saw night 2 of the '03 shows, so Ijust missed the night where they filmed Live at the Garden. Fine by me, there was better setlist the night I went, and I don't care for all the cheesyguest appearances. Them playing "Porch" was some of the best 7 minutes of my life. Feeling the whole upper level sway up and down under your feetwas a little scary though.

I was there for L J's 4 point play.

Loudest I ever yelled at a sporting event.

Top 5 Moment of my life.

Back
Top Bottom