MADVILLAIN working on NEW ALBUM!!!

taken from pitchfork -

In 2004, When DOOM (then MF Doom) first teamed up with producer Madlib for a full-length album, the resulting spaced-out rap masterwork ended upas Pitchfork's #25 album of the decade. So it's a big deal that DOOM and Madlib have finally, finally reactivated their Madvillain project. At the moment, the two are hard at work on the mysterious follow-up to Madvillainy. The new Madvillain album has no release date right now, but it'll eventually come out onStones Throw. According to Stones Throw's publicist,Madlib will once again produce every track, and TV on the Radio production mastermind Dave Sitek is tentatively involved with the project.Mos Def also contributes to the album.

Last week on East Village Radio's Fat Beats Live show, DJ J.Rocc played a fewwork-in-progress snippets of tracks that could end up on the album. And they sound every bit as woozily free-associative as Madvillain classics like "Accordion" or "America's Most Blunted". DOOM: "I'd like to start off by thankingour sponsor / For financing the parts for this Frankenstein monster." Click below to hear, via the Stones Throw website.

As previouslyreported, Madvillain will perform at the We thePeople Festival on November 21 in Los Angeles.

Yeah been hearing this for a while....it'll be dope when it drops...Mos is on it to
eek.gif
pimp.gif
epic

Those snippets sounds like they pickin right where they left off

Originally Posted by Plan Beats

Maaaaaaaaaaan I been wanting to flip the sample on the second joint for years...Never had the nerve because it's on DF and I don't own the LP.

This the first Doom @*$$ I've been amped for in quite a while.

YEa, first thing from him I'll be excited about since the Mouse and the Mask

One of the most underrated lyricist in the game.

DOOM takes you to another planet and over Madlib's beats... straight zone out music.

Not too many people who can identify where I come from when I get on my Doom/Villainy tip. But I love this +@##.

I want the new Madvillain record as messy and unorganzied as the first one. Fifteen 1:50-2:00 minute tracks, a couple of little interludes, a few 3:00 minutetracks, one to two guest verses, and loads and loads of free-verse DOOM rhymes. This formula would not fail.

...at a loss for words off the snippets...I will be listening to this album high for months

Originally Posted by blazinjkid

I'll believe it when I see it.
Yep. First one still get spins religiously, but haven't we been hearing about this for awhile, to no avail?

why is doom the only underground head on NT that gets multiple page replies?
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

probably because this is dipset country and people who have no taste whatsoever in music
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
i mean, max b has fans. really *note the sarcasm*
roll.gif

anyway, the snippets were fresh to death. madlib has been busy. supreme team (peace to karriem riggins, one of the coolest dudes to ever meet and talk to),stoney jackson, OJ simpson, and now MV2
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
stones throw's 2010 lineup looks insane. they've taken a break from hip-hop and been on a DJ/touring kick lately.

Back
Top Bottom