Mahmoud A.Rauf (aka Chris Jackson) best college player I've ever seen

if I'm not mistaken Glenn Robinson lit it up in the NCAA tournament before he declared for the draft...

Pistol Pete

Greatest college player of all-time

career 44ppg

NCAA career points leader without a 3 point line and freshman couldn't even play back then

Pistol= the original 23

Mahmoud was a slightly better scorer, and shot the ball better than Allen.

I mean both were probably equally as quick, and probably had about the same amount of hops.

Defensively Iverson played the passing lanes a little better......and he could change the game because of his speed.

I guess overall I was more impressed with MAR because I never saw him get shut down. Ever.
I saw him several times from regular season to NCAA's and I seriously remember him dropping like at least 30 every single time. I remember he had like 51easy. Nothing but J work

roll.gif
indifferent.gif
dudes coming in here with that Pistol Pete nonsense....not even botheringto READ the entire thread :smh:

I'm just saying...out of all the college players I've personally seen (not TV), Penny was the best.

Zo, I never got the chance to attend any live college games...BUT, I did get a chance to see Chris Webber's last high school game live (off topic)

He dropped about 45, 25, 10 blocks, and I don't know how many assists but it was very close to a quadrupole double on my old high school.

It was downright ridiculous. Chris was being guarded by this dude who lived in my neighborhood who was 6'9 and pretty decent.....I swear after that game hemust have went into the witness protection program cause I swear he was never seen from again
laugh.gif

I've seen some pretty good college players in my day.
Penny is the best I've seen live.
Last year I got to see Durant.
I saw Duncan play in the NCAA tourny in Tucson when I was in school.
I saw some really good players at Arizona like Bibby, Jason Terry, Salim Stoudamire, Agent Zero, Richard Jefferson, Iguodala.
I saw Baron Davis play for UCLA.

Those are just some of the guys off the top of my head.

Chris Jackson had to be one of the quickest and fastest players I've ever seen. His crossover wasn't fancy, just so damn quick.

I know this is an NBA clip, but he basically was doing the same thing in college except for he used to bang it on fools
roll.gif

I remember watching that interview he did talking about Tourette's Syndrome and how it effected him when the ball didn't go in all net
eek.gif

I used to be in basketball practice shooting jumpers with a "twitch" screaming out "MAHMOUD" ......yeah I know it was wrong but I was a kid
ohwell.gif

MY GOD! @ his rotation and net reaction
smh.gif

C Jackson was disgusting back then, I remember reading about him in S.I. as a kid and following him from then on out during his time at LSU. Talk about purescorer....

I did end up seein him play a few times, but best college player I ever saw? Naw.

I would put Laettner ahead of him, Danny Manning, probably Larry Johnson. But I always put more stock in guys who won and performed in those big games beyondputting up huge offensive stats.

If you older dudes can recall, Danny Manning's one-man show through the NCAA tourney in '88 was absurd....

Following the Big Ten since I was a kid, I remember bein in awe of Steve Smith's game, Jim Jackson, Big Dog Robinson, Chris Webber

Maybe it's just me, but I'm always more impressed with smaller guards who can dominate as opposed to big men

Glenn Robinson
Harold Miner
Larry Johnson
Chris Webber
Joe Smith
Ed O'Bannon

Most of these players yall are listing with the exception of Iverson are like 6'5 and above.....all the more reason why Mahmoud was more impressive to me

Back
Top Bottom