Major Colleges, any blacks?

Man I know I go to Utah but besides me and the athletes no brahs. I don't really care but just got deep into convo with my aunt and she said that it is the same thing in south. As far as major universities go.

Some NTers go to some nice schools so I was just wondering. Seriously, I was just curious. Not trying to go down that road.

Originally Posted by Stay Lurkin

Man I know I go to Utah but besides me and the athletes no brahs. I don't really care but just got deep into convo with my aunt and she said that it is the same thing in south. As far as major universities go.

Some NTers go to some nice schools so I was just wondering. Seriously, I was just curious. Not trying to go down that road.
There's a few...here and there.......

couldn't care less if i was the only black person around. the rules of being an immigrant child state that when going to universities one goes there for study and self improvement, not for socialization.

I got to the University of Illinois which is a big 10 school (dno what you consider MAJOR) and there's a lot of African Americans other than athletes here, definitely not an overwhelming amount but still a good number

laugh.gif

If only there were some futuristic computational device that could somehow connect to a network of virtual documents and instantly locate student enrollment demographics for  every major univeristy in the country.
indifferent.gif

University of Utah has approximately 30,000 students, 6.5% of which are classified as Black Non-Hispanic.  That's 1950 on your campus alone.  

I've honestly never seen a black student at UC Berkeley that wasn't an athlete. St. Mary's might have more.

But isn't howard a 'african american' college? So obviously there is gonna be blacks.

Yeah man...I go to Howard...and at times it's a little much being all black...it's funny though most of the white students are athletes 
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by Weekz

couldn't care less if i was the only black person around. the rules of being an immigrant child state that when going to universities one goes there for study and self improvement, not for socialization.

I went to UGA and it was 7% black. I think alot of that has to do with Georgia/Atlanta having alot of HBCUs though

Originally Posted by B Town Legend

I've honestly never seen a black student at UC Berkeley that wasn't an athlete. St. Mary's might have more.

The one time I was there, other than the ocean of asians, I asked a black student for some directions, was really helpful didn't look like an athlete either, though he looked kinda like Nas
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by ATLsFinest

I went to UGA and it was 7% black. I think alot of that has to do with Georgia/Atlanta having alot of HBCUs though

This.  I honestly thought it was a decent amount of blacks especially because of the amount of solid HBCUs in GA.

Originally Posted by babam11218719

Originally Posted by ATLsFinest

This.  I honestly thought it was a decent amount of blacks especially because of the amount of solid HBCUs in GA.
are you a current student or alum?
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
I graduated last year

what do you mean by major universities? well known universities or top tier universities
i'm friends with black people in ivy league schools and other top tier schools

man all i know is that being a black guy at a PWI >>>>>*

white women are on your **** just for breathing
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom