Malcolm X's Autobiography Appreciation.

Who has read this book?
Autobiogra_0.jpg
The book was awesome I read it for the secondtime, It is amazing that a person who went to prison, a place for ex society member could turn his life around so drastically along with whole neighborhoodsand arguably the country as well. Who has read this book? discuss...

Most def a classic, makes you think about everything around you in a different state of mind..

Def a classic....the part where he talked about the errands he used to run for the old white guys was
eek.gif
sick.gif
...and the game he learned from the hookers

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

My friend told me about this book, and after reading it, it totally gave me a new perspective on society and racism.

new outlooks eh...is it beneficial...or would it give me paranoia that i wouldn't be able to resist?

My favorite book, ever. I read it on my own in middle-school, and it just changed how I thought and acted. Had a big impact on me, opened up a whole new worldof Black intellectual thought. Another good autobiography that is even more extreme than this is H.Rap Brown's "Die N_____ Die". Thats anotherclassic. People often want to label X and those guys as 'racist' or whatever, but they were simply acting in accordance with the times. Great man,great book...

The last time I read it was in 4th grade for a book report but I definitely need to read it again now that I'm older to get a better perspective.

Yeaa.. i did a project about him and the book for skool... stupid teacher gave me an f bcause she thought i plagiarized..smh

This is my all time favorite book. I think every inner city kid should read this and see that even though you might start off with nothing you can still changethe world. Movie was the %$%% too.

Im reading it now. Im at the part when he got isolated from the NOI.
Incredible guy. Great book.

Originally Posted by XxxnillionairexxX

The last time I read it was in 4th grade for a book report but I definitely need to read it again now that I'm older to get a better perspective.

What teacher would assign "Malcolm X" to a 4th grader. That doesn't make sense at all...

I got this book as a gift when I graduated from the 6th grade. Both the book and movie are appreciated.

Originally Posted by TrueBlack88

Originally Posted by XxxnillionairexxX

What teacher would assign "Malcolm X" to a 4th grader. That doesn't make sense at all...

It wasn't assigned, we had to do book reports on famous people in history who were our heroes and I chose Malcom X at the time and that was the bookthat I found to do my book report on. It wasn't a hard book to read. You people act like 4th graders are still supposed to be reading Dr. Seuss orsomething.

i'm almost done with it.

he just returned from Mecca.

great read.

Originally Posted by stillmatic

Malcom > MLK

indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
Why are you even comparing them? They both helped revolutionize civilrights, their purpose wasn't to show up one another, their purpose was to educate peope.
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

mad.gif
smh.gif
indifferent.gif
mad.gif
smh.gif
indifferent.gif
mad.gif
smh.gif
indifferent.gif
mad.gif