Man Charged With Setting Wife On Fire

Local news..

New Haven Man Charged With Setting Wife On Fire
Associated Press
6:33 a.m. EST, November 16, 2009

50522511.jpg

NEW HAVEN - New Haven police say a city man doused his wife and her two children with an accelerant and set fire to the woman, who suffered burns on up to 40 percent of her body.

Police say the children escaped harm before their apartment in the city's Fair Haven section went up in flames shortly after 7:30 a.m. Sunday. The woman, 35-year-old Christina Lee, is in critical condition at Bridgeport Hospital's burn unit.

Lee's husband, 50-year-old Howard Stewart, was arrested and held in lieu of $1 million bail. He is to be arraigned Monday on charges including first-degree arson, first-degree assault and attempted assault.

Witnesses say Lee's 12-year-old daughter rescued the 3-month-old daughter of Lee and Stewart by taking her out of a crib and fleeing the house.

smh.gif
at least the kids made it out okay..

Linky

Originally Posted by Nike Star Jay

r.i.p to the wife
glad the kids made it out safe.
sometimes i wish cruel and unusual punishment wasn't unconstitutional

tired.gif
she's not dead...it was only about 6 lines homie...

What is it with people setting other people on fire lately?

How is that your thought process? What happened to "I'm gonna smack them around"? Instead people are going straight to setting people on effingfire. Like that 15 year old kid. Doesn't fight the kid he's mad at, he lights him on fire. That's so mind-blowing to me.

Hope this husband AND the kid that lit the other kid on fire get the maximum sentence.

Wow, and at the same time im watching 106, talkin about teen violence,
smh.gif
at the world we live in

Originally Posted by Pmighty

triflin women been burnin dudes for years
laugh.gif
...uhh I mean.
smh.gif
tired.gif

Did he do it while she was sleep or was she aware? Sometimes I don't get how some of this stuff that happens comes to be.

Back
Top Bottom