Man dies at Turner Field during Braves/Mets game after 150 foot fall

Police: Fan may have been sliding down handrail before fatal fall

ATLANTA -- A 25-year-old man died from injuries sustained after falling about 150 feet down a stairwell at Turner Field during Wednesday night's game between the Atlanta Braves and New York Mets.

The senior investigator with the Fulton County Medical Examiner's Office, Mark Guilbeau, said Thursday that the man who fell was Justin Hayes of Cumming, Ga.

Guilbeau said an autopsy will be done to determine the cause of death.

Atlanta Police Department spokesman Ronald Campbell said Hayes was taken to Grady Memorial Hospital with serious head injuries. According to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution, Hayes was pronounced dead at the hospital.

Braves spokesman Brad Hainje said Hayes apparently fell from the club level to the landing on the stairwell on the field level during the eighth inning.

Campbell said Hayes may have been sliding down the hand rails when he fell and that alcohol may have been involved.

Police are still investigating the incident.

Earlier this season, a fan at Shea Stadium in New York was killed when he plunged four stories from an escalator during a game. According to media reports, witnesses said the man was perched on the escalator hand rail when he lost his balance and fell.

smh.gif
tired.gif

y'all remember that thread about that dude at Shea and we were debating whether or not he "tripped" and fell over or if he was trying to slidedown the rail as well?

Damn this is the 3rd death at a baseball stadium this year if I'm not mistaken

RIP to dude but if he was sliding down the poll that wasn't very smart of him

Clearly, people would rather kill themselves than watch the Mets.

R.I.P. to the dude...but damn, stop being such idiots.

This is the second time a person has died at a stadium while at a Mets game. First one was at Shea.

edit\\

I should learn to read.

Damn why do people keep trying risk their life sliding down a rail?
smh.gif
frown.gif

RIP to him.

They need to put up a fence or something.

Originally Posted by I FR3SH I

Guilbeau said an autopsy will be done to determine the cause of death.
Isnt it pretty obvious how he died?

Falling from a rail isn't really a "cause of death" in medical terms
laugh.gif

They are going to figure out if it was trauma to his head, neck, spine etc.

*sigh*

Yeah, I remember that thread about the dude at Shea. I was one of the one that was skeptical about dude acting a fool, mainly because he was with his daughter.But apparently, I mean, he was perched on the escalator handrail and lost his balance?
smh.gif
I'd call that 'acting a fool', so I can't feel badfor him. His daughter? My heart goes out to her.
frown.gif
His family, I'm sincerely sorry for their loss, but even more sorry that their loss comes at hisstupidity.

And this dude at Turner? Just makes me hate alcohol even more.
ohwell.gif
I wish that it could be responsibly appreciated by everyone, or even responsibly appreciatedby MORE, but the bitter truth is that it is abused more often than it is responsibly enjoyed. For every drunk that dies doing stupid things while drunk, thereare 10 more that live despite doing stupid things while drunk.

And those of you that drink, and you're ready to attack me for attacking you: caaaaaaaaaaaaalm down.
laugh.gif
I'm not attacking anyone. I hate alcohol.That's all I'm saying. If you are alcohol, then... yes, I guess I'm attacking you.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

*sigh*

Yeah, I remember that thread about the dude at Shea. I was one of the one that was skeptical about dude acting a fool, mainly because he was with his daughter. But apparently, I mean, he was perched on the escalator handrail and lost his balance?
smh.gif
I'd call that 'acting a fool', so I can't feel bad for him. His daughter? My heart goes out to her.
frown.gif
His family, I'm sincerely sorry for their loss, but even more sorry that their loss comes at his stupidity.

And this dude at Turner? Just makes me hate alcohol even more.
ohwell.gif
I wish that it could be responsibly appreciated by everyone, or even responsibly appreciated by MORE, but the bitter truth is that it is abused more often than it is responsibly enjoyed. For every drunk that dies doing stupid things while drunk, there are 10 more that live despite doing stupid things while drunk.

And those of you that drink, and you're ready to attack me for attacking you: caaaaaaaaaaaaalm down.
laugh.gif
I'm not attacking anyone. I hate alcohol. That's all I'm saying. If you are alcohol, then... yes, I guess I'm attacking you.
laugh.gif
I feel sorry for him regardless. He made a stupid decision, I've made stupid decisions (most of them when I was sober). It's just that hisended up in death, while for me it just burns when I pee.

Horrible. He was so young, too. It broke my heart to hear about what happened in Shea earlier this year.

Also...

laugh.gif
@Ska always adding a disclaimer keeping whatever NTers could be offended off his back.
laugh.gif

has a fan ever fell trying to catch a home run ball such as from the green monster (obviously an extreme example)?

Back
Top Bottom