Manchester Orchestra Appreciation

I've been hooked since "I'm like a Virgin Loosing a Child"
Barely got "Mean Everything to Nothing" and wow I expect more big things in the future.

Band has a very different sound that seems to blend some early 90'sgrunge and modern day indie. I like to think Foo Fighters/Nirvana/and ahint of Brand New

Absolutely Appreciated. Got hooked on them right before Lollapalooza '07. Saw them there and then saw them twice more with Brand New this past Fall. I wanted to see them with Thrice on Friday, but I graduate on Saturday, so my family will be here visiting (I heard the tour was cancelled anyway).

I love both albums in their entirety, but I feel like they will never record a song better than "Where Have You Been?" They also have alot of good material on their EPs..."The Procession" stands out right now but there are plenty of others.

i checked out their last.fm page and liked what i heard. what album do you recommend starting with?

Originally Posted by HAM CITY

i checked out their last.fm page and liked what i heard. what album do you recommend starting with?
Like A Virgin Losing A Child, but both albums are great!

I've seen them at least 3 times and they've exceeded expectations every time.

I like Like a Virgin Losing a Child so much more because its a whole lot softer and mellow. Means Everything To Nothing is a bit heavier when I'm in that heavier mood. Pride is just a fantastic song.

I HIGHLY suggest "Right Away, Great Captain!". It's Andy Hulls solo cd and he's basically telling a story of a sailors life across a few EPs.

One of my favorite bands of the moment.

Back
Top Bottom