"Maniac"

anyone get a chance to catch this yet? thoughts? Its on Youtube btw - def. NSFW so didn't wanna just post it but its pretty easy to find. I thought it was well directed and made for a nice short

Nearly four months since releasing a brief teaser clip, Kid Cudi drops off a Halloween treat: A short horror film for the Shia Labeouf-directed "MANIAC," inspired by the Man on the Moon II: The Legend of Mr. Rager record of the same name. Watch the Cage-assisted thriller now.

Cudi in a world of his own i feel like. LaBeouf know how to direct man, i give him props
pimp.gif

Edit:
If this was his first direction, I thought it was put together really well. He definitely understands the flow and beats of a film. 

Cudi was over-acting a bit, but alot of that should have been edited out IMO. That happens alot with first time actors or actors who are the lead role, especially if the director does not "correct" it.

Originally Posted by greatESQUEape

what do you guys think the underlying messages were, if you noticed any?

I think its talkin bout how fame and the whole "always on camera" thing makes famous people do things they wouldn't regret, hence the lines "you better make it look good, there's got camera following" "the guilty one isn't the one who commits the sin... but the one who causes it" he gets "distracted" by the camera people, and they kill them at the end because they're "sick of the camera people following them around" and how the camera people don't think they're doing anything wrong. It's just a really exaggerated version of that pretty much

Back
Top Bottom