Manna Korean BBQ

VinMillerHearn58

formerly lakersreppa008
I was just wondering if anyone has ever tried this place. I've only been there a couple times, but during those times that I've gone the food has beengreat. Its a little bit on the pricey side but you do get your moneys worth and have huge portions. If anyone has gone there tell us what you think of it. Alsopost other Korean BBQ spots that you think are good.
Heres a website if you guys are interested.
http://www.mannakoreanbbq.com/

ive been there once and i liked it. also try, tahoe galbi on wilshire, and if youre in riverside try korean bbq buffet garden, only 10.99 for lunch there andthey got a good selection of meats

whenever me and my friends want all you can eat korean bbq we end up at manna. the quality isn't the greatest but for about $20 after tax/tip we alldefinitely get our money's worth. plus you can get pretty loud and rambunctious and nobody cares.

i tried tahoe for the first time and its not bad at all. Only downside there is that the Egg dish that they bring out with the meal kinda sucks.

My usual AYCE KBBQ spot was Mu Deung San near Olympic and Western, but this place fell off bad. The meat quality isnt that good.

yo dawud can you give a review on the one in riverside?

like what time is lunch / dinner

food / service / is it just korean bbq and u cook it yourself or what

Originally Posted by bright nikes

yo dawud can you give a review on the one in riverside?

like what time is lunch / dinner

food / service / is it just korean bbq and u cook it yourself or what
I've actually gone to this one its called Korean Barbeque Buffet Garden I went during lunch it was like $10 and I think dinner was like $20I'm not really sure when their prices for lunch and dinner start though and I think they have different prices on the weekends. Pretty much the place justhas the meats sitting out there like a buffet and you just go and pick whichever ones you want to cook. Since I saw you didn't like Gyu Kaku you couldpretty much pick up as much meat as you want. I think the only thing that got to me was that this meat was just sitting out the whole time yea it was chilledover some ice, but I don't know how long it just sits there. Service was cool the guy always made sure our drinks were filled and that our grill waschanged when needed. The location of this place is crazy its behind the KFC down the street from tyler mall it's kind of hard to spot out if youhaven't been there before. It's worth a try but I think the better korean bbq places are out in LA. Here's the # for the place if you need it(951) 688-9000

thanks for info homie.

maybe i caught gyu kaku on the wrong night, but i had a party of 8 and after a long +$@ drive coming home from vegas the last thing we wanted to do was waiting20-25 minutes for each portion, and we'd order as our meat was cooking to speed up the process.

for the price we paid, in comparison to other korean bbq joints in like rowland heights to gyu kaku it shouldnt even be fair.

gyu kaku is just a nice, trendy joint you go too.

their service was horrible, never filled up our waters and my friend had to get up to go to the front and ask for a refill of their drink, it was just ahorrible experience.

Originally Posted by bright nikes

thanks for info homie.

maybe i caught gyu kaku on the wrong night, but i had a party of 8 and after a long +$@ drive coming home from vegas the last thing we wanted to do was waiting 20-25 minutes for each portion, and we'd order as our meat was cooking to speed up the process.

for the price we paid, in comparison to other korean bbq joints in like rowland heights to gyu kaku it shouldnt even be fair.

gyu kaku is just a nice, trendy joint you go too.

their service was horrible, never filled up our waters and my friend had to get up to go to the front and ask for a refill of their drink, it was just a horrible experience.
no i feel ya man when i went and it was busy we did have to wait awhile for some of our meats to arrive. I haven't been to any korean bbqplace out in rowland heights because there's so many to choose from that i never could decide on a place haha.

gyu-kaku is japanese high end meat or whatever. its overpriced for what you get compared to kbbq.

manna is ok, i prefer tahoe for all u can eat type of things. but manna is the spot people like to goto for big groups.

If you guys like Manna, I'd recommend going to Ma Dang Sae...

It's 10.99(or 9.95...i forgot) for all you can eat Korean BBQ. It's not buffet style either, they bring you the meat when you ask for it as well as thesides.

They come in by the big plates of meat, and they don't scorn you for continuously asking. Me and my cousins finished off 14 plates no questions asked!

The down fall is that it is only one type of meat, unmarinated. But it's still great imo.

You could ask for squid, and the ice cream they give you at the end is really good.

Check it out! It's in Cerritos, remotely close to the Long Beach towne center.

Originally Posted by Derrtay

If you guys like Manna, I'd recommend going to Ma Dang Sae...

It's 10.99(or 9.95...i forgot) for all you can eat Korean BBQ. It's not buffet style either, they bring you the meat when you ask for it as well as the sides.

They come in by the big plates of meat, and they don't scorn you for continuously asking. Me and my cousins finished off 14 plates no questions asked!

The down fall is that it is only one type of meat, unmarinated. But it's still great imo.

You could ask for squid, and the ice cream they give you at the end is really good.

Check it out! It's in Cerritos, remotely close to the Long Beach towne center.

MA DANG SAE
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I've been to this place, it's pretty good. Lines do get pretty long, but the one thing that really got me annoyed are the valet people
mad.gif
mad.gif

posting to check later..

manna is def appreciated.. and its hilarious hyow they pop a bottle on your head when its a birthday..hahahahahah

quick story...

there was this gay dude there one time, dude is super gay.. so they pop a bottle on his head and dude went off with the gayest scream.. LOLLLLLL

Anyone know any good AYCE (All you can eat) Korean BBQ around OC/Garden Grove/South LA County/Long Beach? I've had Cham Sut Gol only and thought it wasokay. Looking for something better/cheaper (that serves kalbi with their buffet)

manna is good for birthdays and stuff (champagne showerz) haha Castle BBQ on western is pretty good and they have super good customer service. its like koreanmoms taking care of you while you eat!

Originally Posted by Steve FSD

Anyone know any good AYCE (All you can eat) Korean BBQ around OC/Garden Grove/South LA County/Long Beach? I've had Cham Sut Gol only and thought it was okay. Looking for something better/cheaper (that serves kalbi with their buffet)
Seoul Garden in Tustin off of Red Hill. It's lightweight expensive but not so bad for lunch.

Originally Posted by Steve FSD

Anyone know any good AYCE (All you can eat) Korean BBQ around OC/Garden Grove/South LA County/Long Beach? I've had Cham Sut Gol only and thought it was okay. Looking for something better/cheaper (that serves kalbi with their buffet)
I think you might be a little hard pressed to find something both cheaper and better, as you typically get what you pay for. Doesn't Cham SutGol have a 2nd tier AYCE where you can get galbi with it? That's the only spot I really go to for AYCE in OC. I tried this joint over in Stanton, almostAnaheim area and it was ehhhh, a shade below Cham Sut Gol (forgot what its called, but I think it was on Beach Blvd near the Squid Music... sorry I was fadedwhen I went so my memory is spotty). Usually if I am in the mood for some KBBQ when I'm down in OC I will go to this one spot in GG down the street fromChams. Also forgot what the name of it is, but it is just Northwest of Magnolia and GG Blvd (on GG Blvd). Its in this little plaza that is just West of theBaskin Robbins. The meat quality there is definitely superior to any AYCE joint, but again... you get what you pay for. It aint cheap.

this place is bomb!!!! just make sure you go with koreans so they can really show you whats good

Originally Posted by jpap348

whenever me and my friends want all you can eat korean bbq we end up at manna. the quality isn't the greatest but for about $20 after tax/tip we all definitely get our money's worth. plus you can get pretty loud and rambunctious and nobody cares.

$20 for someting that isnt great quality? I've been to 3 different Korean BBQ places. Paid $10, 14 and 17 and all of them were 9-10. If I'm paying thatmuch money I need that good good.

Yesterday night I went to Tahoe for the second time and the food is definitely crapping on Manna. It was packed, but they still gave us our food really quicklyand it was bomb. We killed a stupid amount of beef yesterday.
pimp.gif
sick.gif
Make sure to grill a bunch of garlic and order some soju and Hites.

For AYCE KBBQ in K-Town, Los Angeles, TAHOE is as good as it gets.

Manna is best if you're going with a party of 50 people and are tryin to have a huge party, drink, be loud and ******ed.. the food's not BAD, butit's not GOOD.

There is a Ma Dang Sae in K-Town also, I haven't been there in a minute, but it's super Korean, meaning they're not accustomed to servingnon-Korean clientele. The food wasn't bad, but again, not great either.

MU DUNG SAN (Olympic & Western) used to be the best AYCE KBBQ in So.Cal, hands down. They even had the hard-to-find duk (rice paper) wraps. But as someonenoted above, the quality dropped off, and the service really started sucking. They're always understaffed and pissed off to get you anything. When/if theydo, it's either wrong or not enough. The last 3 times I went, the service went downhill more and more, 'til I couldn't take it anymore. Plus, themeat was super low-budge, grey, not fresh, not tasty. Shame, it used to be on top, and they used to cater to their customers.

So we're back to TAHOE. This place is kind of a scene, which is a good thing I guess. 95% young people, lots of half-naked girls. For AYCE, this is as goodas KBBQ meat gets. The only complaint I've ever had with this place is that they also can have some pretty terrible service, but then again it's KBBQ..Especially if you're in a room, expect to be on your own for most the night. And if you go in a small party, as a couple or just a few of you, there'sa strong chance they'll lump you on the end of a huge party's table and tell you there's nothing they can do about it. So you might be stuck in aparty room celebrating Joe Park's 21st b-day with his church friends. Good luck.

AYCE KBBQ is good if you're young, and more concerned about saving $ instead of having great quality meat. If you're trying to just have regular KBBQ,nothing beats PARK'S BBQ. Hands down, best KBBQ in the world. Even better than the original PARK'S in Seoul, I've had both.

Bye.

come on now, ya'll missing on alexandria at 6th st.

manna and tahoe all played out.

i learned that those 2 restaurants are for non-korean / american-born korean people who really don't know the real taste of korean bbq.

Back
Top Bottom