Mannnnn The patriots are going undefeated again.. SMH

Originally Posted by TheFoteenth

Originally Posted by rcdp

Originally Posted by TheFoteenth

Originally Posted by Kiddin Like Jason

You mentioned Fred Taylor but you didnt mention Maroney
Who?
Maroney, Laurence

He was injured last season, only played 3 games but it is a great everydown tough back. Reminds me of Marion Barbor.

Trust me, he has the starting job. He will just be splitting carries with Taylor.
Yea his dreads look like Marion Barber's dreads too.

.....that's about where the comparison ends. He'll be splitting time with Taylor..........and Sammy Morris............................................AND Kevin Faulk
Sammy Morris
roll.gif

Kevin Faulk is only used when they run HB screen's or when they motion him in the slot. If you think they are bringing on Faulk or Morris on 3rd and 1 instead of Maroney or Taylor you are sadly mistaken.
roll.gif

That's why the Patriots HAVE BEEN bringing in Morris over Maroney on 3-1 and goal line situations over the past 2 seasons correct? Maroneyhasn't been a short yardage back for his whole career: Barber in college, Dillon and Morris since he came in the NFL and Taylor hasn't been a shortyardage back in the past 2 seasons and that is one of the only reasons he has been able to stay relatively healthy (Why was his nickname Fragile Fred beforeMJD took over goalline and short yardage?). Belicheck also seems to have a weird fascination that Morris is the guy to goto when it's short yardage. Idigress that if you expecct Maroney or Taylor to be the 3-1 back you are the one who is sadly mistaken.

It's going to be funny to watch all of you Patriot haters kick rocks. I swear 2 season ago there were at least 3 Patriot hating threads every Sunday
roll.gif

Patriots are frustrating, their star qb goes out and their backup plays better than any backup ever. How do they do it?

I'm sorry, but did you put Greg Lewis on that list?

Not to mention, Galloway is beyond washed up.

Stacked offense nonetheless.

During those rare cases when Maroney's not on the IR all he does is dance around in the backfield. He's pretty much the complete opposite of Barber.

[Barkley] Only thing they got in common is they both black. [/Barkley]

smh.

how you have a kool aid piece?

my old coach used to bark on dudes saying they had kool aid in their veins if you even looked shook on a play.

The only thing that jumps out at me is that Fred Taylor, Moss, Galloway, and a few others are at the very twilight of their career... those guys are a kneeinjury away from being DONE.

but then of course they have young guns like Mayo coming up. Why is their front office so efficient and crafty??? ahhh
mad.gif

1. Peppers hasn't even signed his tender yet, so any trade talks (to ANY team) are null and void until he signs it.

As of March 10, New England has$16.9M left against the cap.

2. JT wants to go back home (Miami)

3. As mentioned before, half that offense is old as hell. Not that I'm wishing it, but fact of reality is that injuries happen.
ohwell.gif

4. I'm curious as to how much Pioli's departure affects BB's drafting and vice versa.

We'll be taking a look at the Patriots drafts from '00-'06. '07 and '08 will not be judged because the players haven't been given time to fully develop/destruct.

A hit is any player that turned out to be a starter or main contributor for the Pats. Some players only started a year or two for the Pats but are considered a hit because of their draft position (Ex: 5th round pick that starts 3 years is a hit).

A miss is any player that didn't become a starter or main contributor drafted before the 5th round. The fickle nature of the draft doesn't allow for many safe assumptions after the 5th round.

For a full listing of the Patriots draft picks during the Pioli era, check out this FanPost by Offense of the 70s.

Hit: Greg Randall (4th round), Tom Brady (6th round)

Miss: Adrian Klemm (2nd round), J.R. Redmond (3rd round)

The first draft of the Pioli-Belichick era produced arguably the greatest draft pick ever in Tom Brady. With a selection like that, the rest is icing on the cake.

Ed. Note: Pioli wasn't the director of personnel until 2001.

Hit: Richard Seymour (1st round), Matt Light (2nd round)

Miss: Brock Williams (3rd round)

Other than quarterback, left tackle and defensive end are the most premium position in the NFL. Pioli and the Pats nailed both positions in round 1 and 2. Both have started every year since.

Hit: Daniel Graham (1st round), Deion Branch (2nd round), Jarvis Green (4th round), David Givens (7th round)

Miss: None

Deion Branch cost a 2nd round pick, but returned a higher value (1st rounder) in a trade with the Seahawks.

Hit: Ty Warren (1st round), Eugene Wilson (2nd round), Asante Samuel (4th round), Dan Koppen (5th round), Tully Banta-Cain (7th round), Ethan Kelley (7th round)

Miss: Bethel Johnson (2nd round)

Warren is another defensive end - a propensity for defensive ends? I'll take it! Banta-Cain has been with the team for 5 years and Kelley was with the team 3 years. Not bad for a pair of 7th rounders.

Hit: Vince Wilfork (1st round)

Miss: Guss Scott (3rd round)

Ben Watson was also a 1st round pick and while his numbers were probably not 1st round worthy, he was a contributor for 3 years, and a starter for 2 years.

Hit: Logan Mankins (1st round), Ellis Hobbs (3rd round), Nick Kaczur (3rd round), Matt Cassel (7th round)

Miss: None

Two offensive line starters and a guy whose looking to make the Tom Brady selection in the 6th round a forgotten memory.

Hit: Laurence Maroney (1st round), Stephen Gostkowski, (4th round)

Miss: Chad Jackson (2nd round), David Thomas (3rd round), Garrett Mills (4th round)

Maroney's been a good addition when healthy (which is becoming an increasingly bigger issue with him).

Hitting the important picks

Pioli and Co. hit the important picks. They haven't been like the Chiefs completely whiffing on 1st round picks in recent years. Since Pioli's arrival, the only real 1st round misses are Daniel Graham and Ben Watson which even then both players started multiple years for the team (they just weren't 1st round TE material statistically).

The Brady draft pick

Much has been made about Tom Brady as a 6th round selection. From what I've heard Pioli and Belichick didn't initially want to select him but they decided to listen to their scouts. Sometimes loosening your grip on personnel and trusting the advice of those you surround yourself with is just as important as making the final call on a draft pick.

Some interesting notes about the Patriots ability to "plug n' play" via Upon Further Review:
  • 2005 Division Championship: 45 different starters. NFL Record.
  • 2003 Super Bowl Championship: 42 different starters. NFL Record (at the time).
  • Only 10 players remain from the 2001 Super Bowl team.
The last one excites me the most. The Chiefs have had a tendency to hold onto their great players after their prime. To pay guys based on what you have done versus what you can do. To hold onto our glory years. Pioli's track record would indicate he's likely learned the importance of judging a player based on what he can do for your oganization. He's also likely learned the best time to dump a player that has high value (Ex: Deion Branch).

Regardless of whether you believe it was Belichick or Pioli making the final call on the draft, one of Pioli's jobs was to develop these scouting reports that have worked so well. Maybe it was Belichick who gave the final okay, but Pioli gave him the information to make that decision.

http://www.arrowheadpride...tting-to-know-scott-piol

I said all that to say this:

AFCE '09-'10
1. Pats
2. Phins
3. Bills
4. Jets

embarassed.gif
tired.gif
smh.gif

fred taylor alone with that offense is not fair. they just have to get their defense on point cause that has always been their weakness

Originally Posted by Size 15 Please

I hate the Pats with a passion..I hope tom brady get sacked and blows his knee out again

There not gonna win nothing this year!

Colts fan ova here!
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by DeadsetAce

laugh.gif
people need to relax...it takes a lot more than just players to go undefeated...so much has to fall into place. y'all need to relax...
Word...dudes are gonna be disappointed if the Pats go 11-5.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by FIRST B0RN

It's going to be funny to watch all of you Patriot haters kick rocks. I swear 2 season ago there were at least 3 Patriot hating threads every Sunday
roll.gif
%+!! was hilarious.
laugh.gif
smh.gif

Grown @!% men whining about their teams getting blowed out, word to Emmitt.

Back
Top Bottom