MARCUS JORDAN can't wear daddys shoes

Originally Posted by Flip Jays

I dont see Marcus wearing adidas at all... if adidas takes the contract away from the school there's Nike or Jordan Brand to come in.

Yeah Jordan brand's really going to take over the contract of UCF.

Marcus should not get any special treatment for this. Adidas is the sponsor and that's that. Him with this "family pride" stuff. If I was thecoach, it would be simple: you wear the brand that sponsors us or don't. It's a non-issue. Especially when dealing with someone that's wasn'teven an All-American. There is no need for drama to come about within the program over something like this.

True, Marcus is good enough to be on a D1 team but he's not all that. If "family pride" is his issue, than maybe he should've consideredplaying for a Nike or Jordan Brand sponsored school. That is unless they weren't very interested.

I left out a word on one part. I was trying to say wear the brand that sponsors the team or don't play.

Originally Posted by mt3130

Originally Posted by The Stoic Paisano

Originally Posted by RockDeep

Adidas will have the perfect opportunity to make a commercial with Marcus in it wearing Adidas...and throw it in Nike's face.

"Even the greatest athlete of our times son wears our footwear...."

That would make Marcus ineligible. And I highly doubt adidas makes any kind of concession for one decent prospect, no matter who his father is. You think Ray Lewis' son is gonna ball in UnderArmour if he makes it to the U? Nuh-uh.
actually Miami is sponsored by Under Armour now, so if that was the case, then Ray Lewis' son actually would be balling in UA gear.

Where did you get this info from? Miami damn near has a lifetime contract with Nike.

AAAAAWWWWEEEEE poor baby,, i read this story earlier on yahoo. Who gives a squat.. Just play in the shoes provide Marcus. Your dad is so competitive thathe's probably glad that you can't wear them.

When did Miami switch to UA? I never heard about that... that sounds darn near impossible.

Wear Jordans! I mean, your dad is MICHAEL JORDAN! UCF has a contract with Adidas, not Marcus.
Players do this all the time....Nick Fazekas wore Nikes at Nevada when they were a Adidas school.

Marcus Jordan should just wear the shoes that sponsors his team...IMO, all it does it cause division within the team that one guy gets preferential treatmentover another guy...ONLY..because he's Michael Jordan's son...

Besides, even Michael Jordan himself said that he used to rock Adidas all the time back in the day. He even considered signing...what's the big deal? Rockyour Jordans off the court..

look at those skills
j6ubdu.jpg

Originally Posted by BallinB

Marcus can ball, I've played a few times with him at the UCF gym and he's legit. Not a superstar but he is at the D1 level. I'm looking forward to see what kicks he will be rocking, I'll be at all the home games as usual. Hopefully the man himself shows up a few times.
This makes me wish I was still in school, lol. Graduated UCF 2005.

Originally Posted by dipsett247

he dont deserve to ball in jordans. if he wasnt jordans son he wouldnt even be noticed. how many ballers even come out of that college?

You act like UCF is sorry. They don't play in the A-Sun anymore. He can hoop though.

Originally Posted by FrenchBlue23

He should just let this go, and wear the adidas shoes. This is too small of an issue to be turned into a big fiasco.

MJ should understand, he was forced to wear Converse in college because that was the sponsor.

basically

This is gonna just separate him from his teammates, if he wasn't already because of who his dad is.

I would imagine that he would like to be one of the guys, not MJ's son.

In another article though....its said that UCF is tryin to negotiate something that will "work for both parties"...so it does suggest that theUniversity is tryin to accommodate Marcus' request...

ORLANDO, Fla. - A fight over the shoes Michael Jordan's son will wear at the University of Central Florida could cost the school as much as $3 million. Freshman guard Marcus Jordan is refusing to wear shoes made by adidas, the brand the university has a contract with for all its sports. He says he will only wear his father's Nike Air Jordan shoes because it holds special meaning to his family. The problem is UCF has a $3 million, six-year contract with adidas that requires coaches and athletes to use the company's apparel and equipment. UCF said in a statement Thursday that adidas was aware of the situation during contract renewal discussions. The university says it is working with adidas "in determining how this unique set of circumstances will work for both parties."

Read more at: http://www.huffingtonpost...ichael-jor_n_330779.html

Back
Top Bottom