smile.gif

Originally Posted by bahunt8

Originally Posted by killacam92345

Originally Posted by jumpman247

Just play in Adidas kid.

QFT
co-sign
smile.gif
Lets think about this logically. You expect this kid to turn his back on his dad? Regardless of who his dad is, that's something that shouldnever be expected of anyone. Now factor in that his dad is the same guy who covered the Reebok logo on his USA jacket in 92 to protect his brand, is the faceof his own company, and you want him to "just play in adidas kid?" It just isn't that simple.

not a big deal. as long as this doesnt hit thye courts. just be a sport and do whatever is acceptable

If I'm not mistaken UCF would be in breach of contract with adidas if they allowed Marcus to wear his Js, allowing adidas to alter the terms of thecontract.

Originally Posted by you big dummy

UCF said they had no problem with him wearing Air Jordan's on court back when they recruited him
? And they still don't. Sounds like the AD figured since some football player got to wear a different brand, then Jordan would. Oops. It'snot like UCF has a massive budget to not care about a few million or even a few hundred thousand dollars, and Adidas isn't gonna roll over. Marcus, startcalling coaches at Jordan Brand schools.

Originally Posted by Flip Jays

I dont see Marcus wearing adidas at all... if adidas takes the contract away from the school there's Nike or Jordan Brand to come in.
Exactly....he should hold out and not wear Adidas....talk to his dad MJ and have NIKE/JB come in and take over as the schools sponsor foreverything!

I was wondering. is Marcus even worth all this.. but I do agree with Pdoggy put that way... If my Dad owned his own Brand and was MY DAD.. I wouldn't justbe wearing another Brand just cuz.

Im sure UFC isn't getting so much money they would be crippled by losing whatever Nike could fill the void with.

Don't know if this was posted already but this is something Marcus requested while he was being recruited BEFORE he committed to coming there and UCFassured him it WOULD NOT be a problem AND said they had spoken to adidas about it...see below

[h3][/h3]
[h3][/h3]
[h3]Jordan's son's insistence on Nikes could cost school millions [/h3]
Buzz up!

Like this story? Share it with Yahoo! Buzz

Michael Jordan's son, Marcus, could cost the University of Central Florida nearly $3 million by insisting on wearing his father's brand of Nikes as a freshman basketball player, the Orlando Sentinel reports.
The reason? UCF has an exclusive, multimillion dollar deal with adidas that requires all of its coaches and athletes to use adidas shoes and equipment.
After spreading around that kind of cash, adidas is not too happy with the 18-year-old son of the Chicago Bulls legend hitting the boards in Nike Air Jordan's.
But Marcus says he's not budging.

"When I was being recruited, we talked about it," he tells the paper. "They said they had talked to the adidas people, and it wasn't going to be a problem. I think everybody understands how big of a deal it is for my family."

The adidas company, however, tells the Sentinel that there has been no compromise over the issue and that the contract, which expires next year, is "currently under review." Nike, which already has deals with the University of Florida, Florida State and Miami, has not expressed interest in taking over the UCF contract, the Sentinel says.
Marcus Jordan says he means no disrespect to adidas and will gladly wear the rest of its gear, "but the shoes are going to be Jordan brand."

I have no problem with what Marcus is doing. Had UCF been straight up and said naw you can't do that, he could have easily chosen to goelsewhere. To switch the game up once he's there ain't right. They made him a promise and now they need to deliver on it.

He should just wear an all white or all black shoe (with same color stitiching, logos, etc) whether it is adidas or Jordan Brand.

I wouldnt sweat so bad. I would just wear the Adidas ONLY in games and my J's everywhere else especially in practice. Hopefully they make an exception.

But if possible I would try to make JB our new sponsor.

correct me if I'm wrong but didn't MJ almost sign with adidas before he got a contract with nike?

Originally Posted by JinKazama

Don't know if this was posted already but this is something Marcus requested while he was being recruited BEFORE he committed to coming there and UCF assured him it WOULD NOT be a problem AND said they had spoken to adidas about it...see below

[h3][/h3]
[h3][/h3]
[h3]Jordan's son's insistence on Nikes could cost school millions[/h3]
Buzz up!

Like this story? Share it with Yahoo! Buzz

Michael Jordan's son, Marcus, could cost the University of Central Florida nearly $3 million by insisting on wearing his father's brand of Nikes as a freshman basketball player, the Orlando Sentinel reports.
The reason? UCF has an exclusive, multimillion dollar deal with adidas that requires all of its coaches and athletes to use adidas shoes and equipment.
After spreading around that kind of cash, adidas is not too happy with the 18-year-old son of the Chicago Bulls legend hitting the boards in Nike Air Jordan's.
But Marcus says he's not budging.

"When I was being recruited, we talked about it," he tells the paper. "They said they had talked to the adidas people, and it wasn't going to be a problem. I think everybody understands how big of a deal it is for my family."

The adidas company, however, tells the Sentinel that there has been no compromise over the issue and that the contract, which expires next year, is "currently under review." Nike, which already has deals with the University of Florida, Florida State and Miami, has not expressed interest in taking over the UCF contract, the Sentinel says.
Marcus Jordan says he means no disrespect to adidas and will gladly wear the rest of its gear, "but the shoes are going to be Jordan brand."

I have no problem with what Marcus is doing. Had UCF been straight up and said naw you can't do that, he could have easily chosen to go elsewhere. To switch the game up once he's there ain't right. They made him a promise and now they need to deliver on it.

very true...UCF is definitely in the wrong here. I know they would want to set a standard of uniformity and discipline but to me this is an exceptionalcircumstance. They should've been upfront with him, or did their homework first before trying saying it wouldnt be a problem...but in typing this andreally thinking about it, can a school with such a legally binding contract really give that much amount of leeway? UCF here is really in between a rock andhard place cuz both Marcus and Adidas do have very legitimate debates...

i normally side with the school on things like this but he has probably NEVER played in any other type of shoes in his entire life so i can see why he wants towear Jordans. it's a tough call

Colleges and universities get paid millions of dollars by athletic companies so that their athletes will wear their brand. So in the interest of making moneythe universities make their athletes wear the apparel that gives them the most money. The sad fact is that the athletes themselves will never see a dime exceptfor the apparel given to them. America is based on freedom so whatever happened to freedom of choice. True it is a legal contract but how can a contract existthat affects your freedom of choice.

It's called a contract, do guys honestly think the school is going to risk losing so much money over him. He needs to take his %$% to another school.

He should have shoes made that have no logos on them. In other words he could wear the Jordan 2010 but without the jumpman on it.

Back
Top Bottom