Marilyn Monroe

SMH at people comparing Marilyn with Kim K.
Marilyn Monroe was gorgeous and a critically acclaimed actress. 

images

Originally Posted by goofy08

Originally Posted by Wr

she was a slob from what i heard. very junky, food in the bed etc. besides that, she was mentally crazy and an anti thesis to her public image. being a girl like her back then was for a reason. i.e. getting secrets and sway from men in positions of power. these girls nowadays be giving it up for red lobster, 20 inch rims and fake jewelry...smh
this. from what i've heard Cleopatra was the master of this.

This.

Lesbionest... if Marilyn was alive in our era, she would have every male on this earth on their knees drooling and kissing her feet!

We would be all begging and throwing away every cent we have worked for just to smell the scent on her skin, to just hve a glimpse of her perfection.

Originally Posted by outbackbob24

SMH at people comparing Marilyn with Kim K.
Marilyn Monroe was gorgeous and a critically acclaimed actress. 

images

THIS. Marilyn Monroe was actually very talented and NATURALLY beautiful. Shouldn't even be mentioned in the same breath
Kim K starred in a mediocre sex tape and now sleeps around with B-List stars 
laugh.gif
 /rant

she was known for her presence...
the girl everyone stared at when she walked in the room
the girl the most refined player would get tripped up on

go see her on film, pics can't do justice
the breathy voice & the sharp wit (a quality which most if not all hot actresses/celebrities today lack), the face the body

...but she is overrrated nonetheless

She pushed sexuality during her time. A lot of it was intentional and often the "Marilyn" she portrayed in front of the camera was exaggerated for effect. She was no crazier or more harlot-like than most average women. She just embraced that portrayal. One could argue that the Marilyn Monroe the public knows and the "real" Marilyn were two completely different people.

Portraits of Marilyn Monroe by two of the most well-known portrait photographers in history. These photos show a different side of Marilyn that she normally didn't show the public.

2734604297_afe36b0d83.jpg

by Richard Avedon

3407153_1_l.jpg

with Carl Sandburg

by Arnold Newman

She was indeed a harlot, but certainly not in the manner we think of it today...word to Kim K's nasty self.
Y'all gotta remember, back in the day, being a "mistress" carried a lot of prestige. It wasn't all about sex. It was about being a compliment, or a boost, to the man that kept you right. You had to be well bred, be refined, highly educated, etc. Being a mistress was a real "job"with social obligations. 

746px-Fran%C3%A7ois_Boucher_019.jpg

Madame Pompadour...undoubtedly one of the greatest mistresses of all time. Read up on her. 

Kim K is nothing but a glorified farmers tool and Monroe was just a two steps above that.

Originally Posted by mytmouse76

Originally Posted by cartune

Maybe she's idolized because she was an acclaimed actress?

most of the girls quoting her haven't seen a single film or heard a single song she's done
laugh.gif
Regardless, I don't think girls idolise her because of her "harlot" ways.

I nowhere near idolise her but I admire her beauty and her 'healthy' figure. It's nice to see a beautiful Hollywood actress that isn't a size zero or whatever sizes y'all have over there
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by sreggie101

Originally Posted by goofy08

Originally Posted by Wr

she was a slob from what i heard. very junky, food in the bed etc. besides that, she was mentally crazy and an anti thesis to her public image. being a girl like her back then was for a reason. i.e. getting secrets and sway from men in positions of power. these girls nowadays be giving it up for red lobster, 20 inch rims and fake jewelry...smh
this. from what i've heard Cleopatra was the master of this.

dat ancient egyptian ({})
20493-24486.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
anck su napoon

Originally Posted by mytmouse76

Originally Posted by cartune

Maybe she's idolized because she was an acclaimed actress?

most of the girls quoting her haven't seen a single film or heard a single song she's done
laugh.gif
This. Birds stay giving them quotes on FB
laugh.gif

Before becoming an actress, while she was still a stripper, she spent time with the founder of the Church of Satan Anton LaVey. Victims of LaVey have pointed him out as a mind-control programmer. At that time, Marilyn was going by several names including Mona. When they made her a star, Marilyn lived on the 13th floor, in 13E at Sutton Place, NY - the world of the rich and famous. That is where Lena came to help her. 
  • Floor-to-ceiling mirrors were everywhere. Even the dining alcove at the rear of the living room had a table with a mirrored top. All these mirrors didn‘t cheer things up.

i don't think people truly idolize her. she's just the poster girl for glamour.
sex with the president, diamonds and fame. sounds pretty nice to me.

Originally Posted by FrankMatthews

Before becoming an actress, while she was still a stripper, she spent time with the founder of the Church of Satan Anton LaVey. Victims of LaVey have pointed him out as a mind-control programmer. At that time, Marilyn was going by several names including Mona. When they made her a star, Marilyn lived on the 13th floor, in 13E at Sutton Place, NY - the world of the rich and famous. That is where Lena came to help her. 
  • Floor-to-ceiling mirrors were everywhere. Even the dining alcove at the rear of the living room had a table with a mirrored top. All these mirrors didn‘t cheer things up.

I always like when girls post this quote from her:

“I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.

She was a weak woman with a lot of problems that allowed people to take advantage of her desire to be loved.

Natural beauty?
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

You all obviously don't read. She spent hours doing her makeup and perfecting her look, voice, and demeanor. There's a reason when Norma Jeane was out in the public without makeup no one recognized her. But when she put on her look, everyone was dazzled by Marilyn Monroe.

Originally Posted by WITNESSkb24

I always like when girls post this quote from her:

“I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.

To me personally she's not worth the effort of trying to dig up her past and research her. She was who she was on-screen and off-screen, alot of people look up to her probably because she didn't stay within the common housewife stereotype and she may/may not have been privy to some secrets. Eff that.

And for the record I'd do both her and Kim K.

Funny seeing people talk about someone as if they actually knew her. You guys are just quoting what you see in books the only person who knew her true motives is her. And that goes for all men and women.

Originally Posted by So Slickening

(NT censors the word I wanna use, so I'm gonna use "harlot")

Can someone bring me to light about the true nature of Marilyn Monroe? I was having a friendly debate with a friend about her. I tweeted about how it's a shame that girls idolize her when she was actually a glorified harlot. Am I wrong? I'm totally fine with being wrong, but I just haven't heard otherwise.

Her argument about why she might be idolized was, "Because she didn't see herself as a harlot. She tipped outside the boundaries of how women should act in the eyes of society."

I took it as Marilyn trying to make being a harlot a societal norm, which I still think is something that shouldn't be looked up to.

What do you guys think? I'd appreciate an educated, unbiased reply. Is there a misconception of her in today's society regarding her being a harlot? I don't want to be calling someone a harlot out of being ignorant of the truth.

Thanks NT
you're spot on, but i dated a chick who was infatuated with her and she said she was such a huge deal because back then she was considered thick and beautiful so i guess she had a hand in women's self esteem, but yea she was definitely a **$@

Originally Posted by So Slickening

Originally Posted by CWrite78

Originally Posted by Wr

so what you're saying is, back then being a harlot meant something. there was dignity behind the label!
Is that true? If so, I understand. Don't necessarily agree, but I understand. It still doesn't give reason for girls these days to idolize that kind of behavior.

Hank, thanks. Bookmarked.
Girls idolize her for her classic beauty and glamourized image. She is an iconic legend. What she did in the bedroom or behind closed doors is not of importance to them and why does it need to be when they idolize her for her acting/movie star persona?
A bunch of boys and men idolize druggies,junkies, womanizers, gangsters, and rapists. Do you have any objection to that?

Back
Top Bottom