Mark Buehrle Throws a Perfect Game!!!!!

wow what a catch
eek.gif

congrats to the kid, dam he's already thrown a no hitter and a perfect game
eek.gif

Congrats mark.....I was just at The game on Sunday when Contreras stunk it up.....good win for my Sox

That catch... my GOD!!!!

It's funny, because I was following the box score on MLB's GameDay and watching on ESPN at the same time (before I knew MLB was covering it for freeonline), and right after Wise caught the ball, the person responsible for putting the numbers up on MLB's GameDay must have thought he dropped it, becausethey showed a double on the boxscore. I was confused, looking at it the 1 in the hit column like 'Wait, he caught it. How was that a hit?'

And then I immediately thought that the next guy would get a hit, like the box score person jinxed Buehrle.
laugh.gif
embarassed.gif

Originally Posted by blazinjkid

That was one of the most exciting plays I've ever seen in any sport. I'm at work tryna calm down over here
laugh.gif
And people say baseball is boring.....Psssh.
laugh.gif

HTTB:
Soon as the ball flew off the bat, I said out loud "%$%$%# ESPN jinxes everything."
laugh.gif

I definitely thought it was a goner coming off the bat.

Damn, the Sox' Fields hit a grand slam, too.

Fans got a perfect game, one of the greatest defensive 'perfect game savers' (if not THE greatest defensive 'perfect game saver') and a grandslam?!

"Lucky."

what a $*!$#$% game ... that catch is what outfielders dream about ... i used to think of doing that as a child ... i can guarantee this, if he wasnt going fora perfect game there is 0 chance that catch is made ... dude had somethin flowin through his veins and was ready to make a play ... you just get on your extratippie toes when %!!! like that is going down ...

I guess that was the same plate umpire who called his first no-hitter. An interesting tidbit in its own right.

Originally Posted by 651akathePaul

I guess that was the same plate umpire who called his first no-hitter. An interesting tidbit in its own right.

That's crazy.
laugh.gif

I wanna see the vid of this catch. Congrats to Mark.
pimp.gif

So I guess Wise (the guy that made that catch at the wall in the 9th) was brought into the game in the 8th inning... for defensive purposes.

Good call, Guillen.
laugh.gif

And Buehrle was asked if he owes Wise a steak dinner, and he responded (almost verbatim) "I owe him a little more than that. I bought everyone a watchlast time when I got a no-hitter. I think it will be a little more expensive this time."
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom