Mark Cuban destroys Skip Bayless and sorta Stephen A Smith

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

The thing people don't understand is that skip does this on purpose. That's what his whole image is about now. His job is to bring in viewers, and that's what these ******ed statements do. Why do you think they reformatted First Take and it is only a debate show now?

I think SAS does watch games, but Skip I'm almost certain just looks at the final stat line in the morning.

Just like Stern won, so did Skip.

Skip and Stephen A. are shock jocks and should start being engaged as such. Especially when it comes to basketball, no other sport creates so much trash talk. You can pull any ol' opinion out of your #%# and someone will debate you for an hour, or watch/listen. There are ongoing debates that have spanned decades and are pretty illogical when you think about them. If they used sports logic, them shows would be over by the first commercial break because there's not much left to say. Now they got shows that go from morning to afternoon where they just debate each other.

Originally Posted by prison mike

The thing people don't understand is that skip does this on purpose. That's what his whole image is about now. His job is to bring in viewers, and that's what these ******ed statements do. Why do you think they reformatted First Take and it is only a debate show now?

I think SAS does watch games, but Skip I'm almost certain just looks at the final stat line in the morning.

The result is exactly what you said it is but i doubt if the events that lead to this is what skip had in mind. 

That video is very unique.

It captures the longest chunk of Stephen A. Smith's life where he doesn't say a word.

This video also captures what it's like to argue/debate with other people on this board.

I really liked skip but now I can't stand him. I am in no way a fan of LeBron but this dude is seriously just a hater. One of the most ignorant people on ESPN by far. Glad Cuban sonned him. 

Originally Posted by prison mike

this.  Skip was actually a pretty good journalist when he did cover games before he did the whole espn.

I don't necessarily agree with Cuban that Dallas' defense was the whole reason LBJ was ineffective for the majority of the '11 Finals. I also disagree that players don't listen to the media. Those certain pressures the media applied to 'Bron made him struggle and made him mentally weak, imo. Wasn't LeBron meditating and taking up reading this years playoffs/finals? Did he ever do that before 2010? He was right on most of his points, though. I'm not taking anything away from the 2011 Dallas Mavericks (and their roster loaded with skilled perimeter defenders) but it's funny to say that the deserve the entire credit for forcing LeBron into poor play.

Originally Posted by PMatic

This video also captures what it's like to argue/debate with other people on this board.

In general I think sports fans love to argue unquantifiable things. ESPN has capitalized on this by shoving this debate format down people's throats.

I hate Skip Bayless' guts, but you gotta admire the fact that he has built a rep for himself so that people talk every time he spews out one of his speeches. I have no idea how he's managed to do it:

He has no in-depth knowledge of basketball as Cuban's ownership of him in the video proves
He is a nobody - it's not like he's been a good NBA player to use as a launch pad for a career as an analyst, all he's ever done is average 1.8 ppg in high school
His voice is annoying to listen to
He looks like a homosexual - not that I hate homosexuals, but I know plenty of people do so it couldn't have helped him become popular
He's neither funny, charming or interesting to listen to

Despite all this, he's still managed to be one of the most talked about sports "analysts" in the business through cliche phrases like the "clutch gene" and you gotta admire that. Well done Skip.

Originally Posted by HankMoody

I think sports has a fan problem. 

There is no other subject more accessible to an idiot than sports.

HankMoody wrote:
By the way, almost all of Cuban's criticisms could be said of NT S&T. A "Skip Bayless special" is almost synomymous with "NT S&T post."  

So much of the sports world wants soap operas and gossip instead of actual analysis. Take a look around just this message board. We get the media we deserve. 

Originally Posted by trak1sh

I really liked skip but now I can't stand him. I am in no way a fan of LeBron but this dude is seriously just a hater. One of the most ignorant people on ESPN by far. Glad Cuban sonned him. 
He's ridiculous.  Can't even compliment Lebron on anything without also saying something negative and backhanded.  His dream is for Lebron to actually acknowledge him so he can talk about it on the show for the next 5 years.  Durant made the mistake of responding to him and now his name is dropped all the time.  The best thing is for athletes to just ignore that idiot.  I like that Barkley doesn't like the guy and calls him an idiot.

I think sports has a fan problem. 

There is no other subject more accessible to an idiot than sports.

HankMoody wrote:
By the way, almost all of Cuban's criticisms could be said of NT S&T. A "Skip Bayless special" is almost synomymous with "NT S&T post."  

So much of the sports world wants soap operas and gossip instead of actual analysis. Take a look around just this message board. We get the media we deserve. 

laugh.gif
 The pretension.

Back
Top Bottom