Mark Cuban to File Protest Over Mavs Loss To Pacers

Link
moz-screenshot-4.jpg
moz-screenshot-5.jpg
November 25, 2007 - 1:22 am
Cuban_Mark_dal.jpg
Dallas Morning News -
The Dallas Mavericks filed an official protest with NBA officials Saturday about the team's 111-107 loss to the Pacers on Friday night.

At issue was a 3-pointer by Troy Murphy that came early in the second quarter. Owner Mark Cuban said the referees were alerted to the fact that Murphy was inside the arc.

"[The] official scorer said he notified the crew, and no action was taken," Cuban said. "We are protesting that a correctible error was not corrected."

The lead referee Friday was Bennett Salvatore, who has a history of controversy with the Mavericks. He also made one of the most curious calls of the night on a fast break by Devin Harris, on which a non-shooting foul was called. That play was not included in the Mavericks' protest, nor were many others.

"We didn't protest any other calls, but we certainly questioned quite a few that went for us and against us," Cuban said.
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

sometimes Cuban gets too involved... at least he's an owner who actually cares about the game and not just making a profit

I didn't watch the game, but from what I understand, the game was pretty lop-sided.

If this was a playoff game, I would care, but I really don't.

I do hate the officials though (bastards almost cost us the game in Philly) so I applaud Cuban on this move
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

From what I hear we did gets screwed BUT because it's Cuban this won't get the attention it deserves.

Cuban has some valid points.

...but, do you think he will be sending the the league office a dvd of Devin Harris's acting portfolio?

i watched the game.. there were bad call on both ends, and the pacers made some nice plays down the stretch to win the game, Cuban needs to stop crying.. i didwant this man to buy my Cubs.. but not if he's going to be questioning the ump's strike zone after every game and be crying to the papers after everyquestionable call..

So if cuban is protesting the three point call by the refs and they win, they lose 110 - 107?

I agree with the way the officiating has been this year and his anger but if the league reviews this and admit their poor decision ( he will probably lose theprotest anyway) they will just take the point away. he should of just protested the game to make a point.

He's the only owner that would do this.. And I really wonder what he thinks the best case scenario that would help the Mavs would be out of this complaint.

He's the only owner that would do this.. And I really wonder what he thinks the best case scenario that would help the Mavs would be out of this complaint.
I think he's trying to make a point that officiating has been terrible this year... I'm with him on this cause it really has been.
IMO officiating has gotten alot worse since the gambling scandal... I wonder what David Stern has to say about this.
smh.gif

Originally Posted by SocalxBucks

Originally Posted by MJDaLegend

crybaby.jpg
From what I hear we did gets screwed BUT because it's Cuban this won't get the attention it deserves.
Where's the Grammar Police when you need them? Kind of reminds me of this idiot:
[h2]Fabolous ft. T-Pain - Baby Dont Go[/h2][size=-1]"...Better do you cause I damn sure does me "
indifferent.gif

[/size]

Lames on NT nowadays
indifferent.gif

Because it's Cuban and the league hates him he's probably doing more good than harm. At this point even if he's right I don't know if wanthim making a fuss.

Completely, 100% false. Cuban is, however, the only owner that would get attention for doing so...The best case scenario for this would just be tobring attention to how terrible the officiating is in the NBA. Every single one of you dudes complain about it, but when an owner that you don't like filesa complaint, you want to complain about what a sore loser he is and how big a complaining, bitter baby he is...Make up your mind folks. You can't complainabout how badly the NBA needs an upgrade with its officiating, and then speak out the other side of your mouths when Mark Cuban files a complaint with theleague over poor officiating.

More to the point, the headline run on ReamGM is so out of context it's ridiculous. There was another interview in which he specifically said he wasn'tprotesting the loss and that the Mavs didn't play well enough to win, but he did want to bring attention to how terrible Bennett Salvatore, along with therest of the officials, were and usually are. A call like that can be reversed, and it went completely ignored even when it was brought to their attention byAvery. If you had watched that game, you'd know how terrible the officiating was.

So if cuban is protesting the three point call by the refs and they win, they lose 110 - 107?

I agree with the way the officiating has been this year and his anger but if the league reviews this and admit their poor decision ( he will probably lose the protest anyway) they will just take the point away. he should of just protested the game to make a point.

It's not nearly that simple. It was early in the game, the entire course of the game could have changed.

And furthermore, the league needs more people putting pressure on them to continue to improve and better their product. I don't get why people are evensalty, other than the fact they don't like Cuban. It's also about a history with a particular official of questionable calls and decisions that makesyou wonder if there is an agenda there, and if so, you'd obviously prefer that official not do Mavs games.

But because it's Cuban, people are going to bash him without even making an attempt to see if he's right or not. It's a correctible error, you seeit corrected all the time when a 3 is changed to a 2, the refs knew it but they didn't change it. Why? What's the justification there?

And again, he's not trying to have the L turned into a W or get a rematch, just bring attention to the league that for some reason particular officialsrefused to correct a correctable error when they knew they were wrong.

If this was a playoff game, I would care, but I really don't.
Agree. But I don't get how people could hate Cuban. He is a players dream for an owner (and fans as well). I mean, an owner that listens,cares about winning, and is involved? He is great for the league....

and the NBA has a real mess with its officials. I honestly don't even trust the games I watch, I have a feeling most are crooked or corrupted. It is sadthe way the game has deteriorated due to this kind of stuff.

Bennett Salvatore is a moron. He's the idiot that called the jump ball in the Suns-Fakers playoff game when Luke Walton's foot was out of bounds ANDSteve Nash was asking for a timeout.

Back
Top Bottom