Mark Cuban trying to give Brittney Griner a shot on the Mavs... vol: kitchen jokes looming.

i know he's not serious... but i know this is going to spark some debate...

a woman in the pros? never, famb.

never...

Cuban just trying to get his name in the news. Its not a terrible PR move. But everyone in the world knows that the best female basketball player wouldn't make a D League team. Well, everyone except maybe Ska.

i just wanna know why we keep calling it she ?

Lmao. Her voice :x

Mark Cuban would make this girl the biggest joke ever in sports because it would be such an epic fail. Home girl would seriously have to put on muscle mass to even...never mind it's sick to even rationalize this. :smh:

Seth Greenberg made sure he kept saying she has a "great skill set though" so it didn't seem harsh or even sexist :lol:

Someone hook me up with that gif with the guy who is about to say something, then opts not too. 

This is clearly just a PR move, and we dont need to see this happen

Someone hook me up with that gif with the guy who is about to say something, then opts not too. 

1316713879_castle_reaction.gif

1316713879_castle_reaction.gif
Thats the one. I need to save this to my gif folder cause I can never find it when I need it. Thats the exact reacation I had when I read this.

At 6'8" she's not nearly explosive enough.

The Miami version of Big Z was more agile than her.

Maybe in another 30-40 years we can seriously talk about women in the league

Last edited:
{KSteezy}Women are the backbone of humanity. If you don't think she could compete with men then you have personal issues within or deep rooted issues with women. {/KSteezy}

Last edited:
Lol funny
{KSteezy}Women are the backbone of humanity. If you don't think she could compete with men then you have personal issues within or deep rooted issues with women. {/KSteezy}[/quote

Lol funny man. It's at best lol. And I'm speaking from personal experience. I remember me and a few of my aau buddies (most of us early mid teens) played some girls from the Georgia state bball team at run and shoot. Needless to say in a game to 24 it wasn't even remotely close. To be honest I don't even think they scored in the double digits. So I'm saying if a bunch of junior high/early high school kids could beat down on some college girls, I can't even fathom them competing against men on a professional level. Especially Griner.

She isn't very fundamentally sound, her overall offensive skill set is near 0, she isn't very quick, agile, or mobile even in comparison to other female ballers. Her dominance is basically due to her overwhelmingly advantage in size and strength compared to most females.

In the nba she would have to play a 3 or a large 2.. and going up against the likes of your average 2/3 in the pros, she would get ate for lunch.

Will never happen. That would be an absolute waste of a draft pick. Cuban knows how to play the PR game. As far as Battier's comments? He's being PC, IMO. Griner, for all her skill, could in NO WAY match up with the strength/speed of the men's game. This absurd debate is the equivalent of discussing whether or not the University of Alabama could beat the Oakland Raiders. Let's be real here. Appreciate what she can do and how she can dominate the women's game, and leave it at that.

if the best WNBA player can beat the worst NBA player, should they be allowed to play in the NBA?

Cuban just getting his name out there again :lol:

No matter how skilled she may be, the biggest issue is the difference in athleticism. To keep up in the NBA, your going against players that even at 6'8 230+ pounds they are still fast, strong, can jump, stop & go, & react all on a dime. That's what would prevent her from making a team if Cuban gave her a shot.

Back
Top Bottom