Martin Luther King Jr. appreciation post Vol. The NT banner is up

Martin Luther the King
pimp.gif

I Have A Dream is one of the greatest speeches made in not only U.S. History but World History.

and LilStar to call the man personally an a-hole
smh.gif
smh.gif
Not surprised though.

well, he wasn't a pleasant person and cheated on his wife all of the time... so sure, as with all great men, he had GREAT flaws... though he risked greatlyin his life and gave his life for his belief with his eyes wide open of what the risk was, which is something only a tiny percentage of people that have livedcan say...

So, criticize, but you will look like the douche you are unless you are living in a similar way, which you most certainly aren't

Originally Posted by Essential1

smh.gif
smh.gif
Not surprised though.
Word.

For real yall can't just pick one thread to not drag down with that bull !#+@?

*neither time nor place*
smh.gif

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

Every man must decide whether he will walk in the light of creative altruism or in the darkness of destructive selfishness.

I want to be the white man's brother, not his brother-in-law.

The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.

Whatever affects one directly, affects all indirectly. I can never be what I ought to be until you are what you ought to be. This is the interrelated structure of reality.
pimp.gif

I don't subscribe to his ideas on spirituality but rather his dedication to preserving peace and condemning hatred, violence and social injustices.
pimp.gif
Greatest quote in the history of MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Truly appreciated. The world would be a much better place if there were more people with the drive and dedication for change that MLK had.

As far as the flaws these people speak of.......NOBODY is perfect. If humans lived without flaws, this world wouldnt be like it is.

Some of the greatest things in history have happened because of flaws.......a life was saved, a person was hired to fix it, someone forgot their ticket at homeand the plane crashed......stuff like that.

I understand people stating issues he had outside of what he did for this country.............but i would DEFINITELY say that what he did in his marriage istrumped by what he did for this country, POINT BLANK.

Any of ya'll see his birth house in Atlanta??? Kinda representative of reality..only his house is a historical site...the rest of the street is ghetto, low rent, and beat up. Weird that they do tours in his house, then you walk outside his house and see drug dealers, etc.
No joke that's why a lot of people don't visit his house. To far away from the World of Coke, CNN Center, etc. A shame really because itis a very well put together museum/house.

A great man (not a perfect man) who fought for the rights of all races. MLK Jr is appreciated.

Oh and check out his "I've Been to the Mountaintop" speech.
smokin.gif

Originally Posted by HAM CITY

Originally Posted by Essential1

smh.gif
smh.gif
Not surprised though.
Word.

For real yall can't just pick one thread to not drag down with that bull !#+@?

*neither time nor place*
smh.gif

That's what racists like Lil Star do. They get angry and feel the need to call him personally an a-hole. That's a testament to how great a man MLKwas. Salty people still try to point out any flaw, made up or real, to try to denounce his legacy.

I'm sure Lil Star would have said how he really felt about MLK but I'm sure he didn't want to get banned like his buddy TBone.
smh.gif

Of all the forms of inequality, injustice in healthcare is the most shocking and inhumane. - Dr. Martin Luther King

Still true.

I dont think i would be able to put into words how great the man was.

I just wish that his dream will continue to live on.

We still strugglin to have that land of equal opportunity but his dream made it possible for it to even be thought of as reality
pimp.gif

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
As Mr. Isiah Legget put it in his speech this morning at an MLK Breakfast, "Are We There Yet?"
MLK's beliefs and dreams....are we?
I always enjoy seeing that banner up there.
happy.gif

Shout out to Brother Reverend Martin Luther King Junior.

I was out at the MLK Jr. Day parade in Atlanta with members of A Phi A.

I may not be African American, but I truly appreciate Dr. King for what he did for everyone
pimp.gif

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge andcontroversy."
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

edit: Im not sure if my quote is right, i grabbed it off the wiki-quotes.

"Measures of a man is not where he stands in times of comfort and convenience, but in times of challenge and controversy"

Back
Top Bottom