Marvel and ESPN team up for NBA art Edit: Updated with all the pictures on Page 7 and after

Over the weekend at NY Comic Con, Joe Quesada, Marvel Comics CEO, announced that they'll be teaming up with ESPN to create an NBA preview that "pairs http://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1058411#sports iconography with superhero iconography" They say there will be at least 30 images in this vein.

Here are the two pieces they showed at Comic Con.

marvel_james.jpg

marvel_espn.jpg

Spoiler [+]
SpiderMan_NoMore_comicScene.jpg

-The attention tto detail- Rondo's clover being upside down.
- Kobe's about to take Thor's hammer right in the face.
- Overall
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Spoiler [+]
SpiderMan_NoMore_comicScene.jpg

-The attention tto detail- Rondo's clover being upside down.
- Kobe's about to take Thor's hammer right in the face.
- Overall
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I don't get the Kobe one. :/

I know as much about comics as most of you know about the WNBA, though.

A bunch of All Stars and Wolverine and Spidey and some Alicia Silverstone looking chick reaching for a miniature floating head?! And Kobe's in the middle of everyone with some... metal arm guard thingie?

A bunch of All Stars and Wolverine and Spidey and some Alicia Silverstone looking chick reaching for a miniature floating head?! And Kobe's in the middle of everyone with some... metal arm guard thingie?

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

all going for the ring this yr & kobe has 5 already..... hulk,iron man,thing,spidey,wolverine,thor,electra & i know im missing someone
EDIT so according to them 3 east teams are la's comp & only okc from the west....LOL

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

all going for the ring this yr & kobe has 5 already..... hulk,iron man,thing,spidey,wolverine,thor,electra & i know im missing someone
EDIT so according to them 3 east teams are la's comp & only okc from the west....LOL

Oh, that's a RING they're all reaching for!! And it's got a face on the side.

Gotcha. Thanks.

But then as far as 'attention to detail' is concerned (something GMSboy1 mentioned), Rondo should be wearing one if Kobe's wearing five.

Oh, that's a RING they're all reaching for!! And it's got a face on the side.

Gotcha. Thanks.

But then as far as 'attention to detail' is concerned (something GMSboy1 mentioned), Rondo should be wearing one if Kobe's wearing five.

Originally Posted by ElijahBrohammed

Kobe with the Infinity Gauntlet.
ska, google the word in bold (or look it up in wikipedia) and interpret as you may think its meant to be lol

Originally Posted by ElijahBrohammed

Kobe with the Infinity Gauntlet.
ska, google the word in bold (or look it up in wikipedia) and interpret as you may think its meant to be lol

^ Just did. Thanks.
smile.gif

I wonder if they just threw random colors on Kobe's rings, or if they were going after the actual colors of the Infinity Gems (green, orange, purple, blue, yellow, red).

Probably reading too far into it at this point, right?
laugh.gif

^ Just did. Thanks.
smile.gif

I wonder if they just threw random colors on Kobe's rings, or if they were going after the actual colors of the Infinity Gems (green, orange, purple, blue, yellow, red).

Probably reading too far into it at this point, right?
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom