WELCOME TO THE MARVEL MULTIVERSE -*RIP STAN LEE & Boseman* - XMEN97 release 3/20

At this point it probably won't be released until next year. They wound stand to lose too much money. If Mullan is any indication Disney gotta shelve Black Widow until all theaters (or most) reopen.
Mulan made a good amount of money. That's the reason why I believe Disney may opt to release Black Widow on Disney+ near or at the end of the year.

^^^
Mulan made almost $300 million on Disney+ though (https://www.fool.com/investing/2020/09/19/mulan-looks-like-a-big-win-for-disney/). I believe that’s enough for Disney to think about launching Black Widow on the platform.
That has NOT been confirmed by Disney. That is a 3rd party metric site saying that.
Mullan has only earned $57 million in theaters so far worldwide

https://www.forbes.com/sites/scottm...its-box-office-and-pvod-grosses/#3bf13a8f3d13

We won't know the Disney+ numbers until their next investors call.

It doesn’t matter if/when Black Widow finally hits theaters, the numbers will be lower than MCU standards because of the pandemic. All the films kinda rode each other’s waves, but whenever it’s released Black Widow won’t get the privilege of building off of SM:FFH or Endgame. I’m thinking it would do lower end MCU numbers AT BEST. If Mulan is raking in $300 million from streaming, I think that might be the best way to go. A lot of people are just still way too scared to leave their home, let alone go to the movies. I’d hate for this to turn into a New Mutants situation - constant delays and hype fatigue.

It doesn’t matter if/when Black Widow finally hits theaters, the numbers will be lower than MCU standards because of the pandemic. All the films kinda rode each other’s waves, but whenever it’s released Black Widow won’t get the privilege of building off of SM:FFH or Endgame. I’m thinking it would do lower end MCU numbers AT BEST. If Mulan is raking in $300 million from streaming, I think that might be the best way to go. A lot of people are just still way too scared to leave their home, let alone go to the movies. I’d hate for this to turn into a New Mutants situation - constant delays and hype fatigue.
With the pandemic that the world is dealing with, I wonder when we’ll get back to the days of $1 Billion plus films in theaters. Even when there’s a vaccine, and people EVERYWHERE feel relatively safe again (which won’t happen until the vaccine is widely and readily available, and even then, there will need to be time to pass for people to feel confident), this pandemic is also going to affect theaters in terms of how many there are, and to a degree, make on demand more desirable. I just wonder if the days of the MEGA blockbusters are behind us. I hope not, as I LOVE movies in general, and seeing all the MCU movies in theaters has been a regular almost event for my wife and I, something we talk about continuing with our kids, it just feels like the movie going experience is going be different going forward.

With the pandemic that the world is dealing with, I wonder when we’ll get back to the days of $1 Billion plus films in theaters. Even when there’s a vaccine, and people EVERYWHERE feel relatively safe again (which won’t happen until the vaccine is widely and readily available, and even then, there will need to be time to pass for people to feel confident), this pandemic is also going to affect theaters in terms of how many there are, and to a degree, make on demand more desirable. I just wonder if the days of the MEGA blockbusters are behind us. I hope not, as I LOVE movies in general, and seeing all the MCU movies in theaters has been a regular almost event for my wife and I, something we talk about continuing with our kids, it just feels like the movie going experience is going be different going forward.

I wouldn't say that megablockbusters are behind us, but we probably won't be seeing it in a while. But there's still a chance that it maybe the end of it all. A lot of theaters don't make much aside from concessions. It'd be hard to tell if they'll ever recover from all this. Consumers are more reliant on digital viewings/subscriptions and I don't see that dying out. It will only continue to grow from here on out.

I too hope that viewings on a major level continue. Having to see a major blockbusters on opening night with a large audience always gives off the right vibes. From that feeling of first seeing the OG Avengers assemble, down to the moment from Endgame. You really can't beat that experience/moment when viewing it with a large audience. I'm afraid things won't be the same the next 2-3 years.

^^^
Same dude also said Shang Chi pushed back to July and Eternals pushed back to November. Why would Eternals' release pass Shang Chi's?

Bummer that the films are being pushed back. But it is what it is.

Wandavision and Falcon/WS should keep us busy until then.

I'm type upset by this. Black widow is basically gonna be shelved for a year. I hope falcon and winter soldier are good to go by the time Wanda vision ends.

But probably not

I'm type upset by this. Black widow is basically gonna be shelved for a year. I hope falcon and winter soldier are good to go by the time Wanda vision ends.

But probably not
I mean most movie theaters are still not open so a lot of ppl in the states can't see it if they wanted to.

Marvel aint trying to waste a release just to stay on schedule. This year was basically a wash. Nothing really got done or gained as far as business entertainment.

We lucky to even be getting WandaVision this Dec. honestly.

1600897354380.png

Back
Top Bottom