MARVEL NETFLIX Thread * RIP STAN LEE - Jessica Jones = Final Season

WHICH MARVEL SHOW/SEASON HAS BEEN YOUR FAVORITE SO FAR?

• Daredevil S1

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • Daredevil S2

Votes: 43 37.4%
  • Jessica Jones

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • Luke Cage

Votes: 26 22.6%
  • He Insisted & Bragged That He Was the Iron Fist But Never Really Showed & Whined About It Instead AK

Votes: 2 1.7%

• Total voters
LC may have issues but the message, music, asthetic makes it second to season 1 of DD for me.

It is so powerful to see a well-made superhero series featuring a black man. He's not light-skinned with green eyes, not model size, not the typical black dude in the media to easily grab audiences of different races.

He's dark skinned, my father's color and to see him in the spotlight is mad inspiring. How often do you see a brother like that be positively represented besides sports? It's pretty rare.

I loved how the music ain't no typical trap *^#* that's associated with a lot of past black entertainment. This show represents progress, it raises conversation, and it doesn't shy away from social injustices and issues that plague my community everyday.

A bulletproof black man in this era? Mann, this is the hero we need right now.

felt the exact same way, this show touched on a lot of social issues and wasn't preachy to the point where it took away from the plot or made the characters stray away from who they are

If I remember right, Hammerhead is a Russian or Italian. He was loyal to the Maggia for most of his early days. I think when he was first introduced he was solo but he's mostly connected to them and Silvermane (who is one of the bosses in the Maggia).

It took being betrayed by them and some slight brainwashing for him to work for Mr. Negative (a Chinese gangsta). Otherwise he wouldn't.

So just take in some of the real world applications. Tombstone is a black albino from Harlem. How many white Russians or Italians you know willingly working for black guys? Established criminal organizations, many of which have history or come from legacies are extemely homogeneous by race/ethnicity and nationality even today. Irish stick with the Irish, Russians stick with Russians, etc.

Peep the show and how the Jamicans and Haitians had their own groups.

Yes, by all means lets have more of a man's wife lying to him right to his face :lol: Claire and Misty>>Reva

The way Shades was talking to Diamondback, they were on the same level...

Seemed more like Shades was just Diamondback's right hand man, giving him a good deal of leeway in terms of what he could or couldn't say, but not the same amount of authority as Diamondback. Hence it clearly being Diamondback's operation, Shades being sent to aid and watch over Cottonmouth, and Shades generally doing whatever Diamondback said until the very end when Diamondback started to go off the rails in the same way Cottonmouth did.

Last edited:
why this dude shades doing a fake *** batman all the time 
sick.gif

Nah, I'd say close but not quite. Diamondback checked him too many times for them to be equals

Yeah. I remember DB was something like when this is all over, we're going to have a different kind of conversation about roles

Whole damn show is proof that black is beautiful. Eem Mariah could catch it if I was bored and liquored up

im surprised nobody bringing up how stupid it was luke letting pops die

**** was one of the worst things i ever seen on tv

hes supposed to be like a father to you but you shield a kid u dont know like that instead? **** outta here with that

hes supposed to be like a father to you but you shield a kid u dont know like that instead? **** outta here with that
....sarcasm? 

You think we'll see Silvermane or Mr. Negative in any of these netflix series?
Probably not.

The current Sony/MCU deal is for Spider to show up in their movies and get some MCU heroes in Spidey movies.

Don't think they're loaning out villains to tv/streaming series. More likely they'll make more use of all the villains that have shown up in DD, IF, and LC.

There's plenty of street level villains out there for the Defenders heroes to face.

Down the line when these series start coming out a bit quicker and they show more sustained success things may change with SONY.

....sarcasm? 
Fam is cut from a different cloth.

I'm pretty sure it was him that said ep1 had a Pa Kent from MOS moment so.....

Don't even question his posts anymore :lol:

Last edited:
Episode 10 of Luke Cage was too real...so much tackled there from a social standpoint. Love the series, should finish up before Friday. 

Back
Top Bottom