MARVEL NETFLIX Thread * RIP STAN LEE - Jessica Jones = Final Season

WHICH MARVEL SHOW/SEASON HAS BEEN YOUR FAVORITE SO FAR?

• Daredevil S1

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • Daredevil S2

Votes: 43 37.4%
  • Jessica Jones

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • Luke Cage

Votes: 26 22.6%
  • He Insisted & Bragged That He Was the Iron Fist But Never Really Showed & Whined About It Instead AK

Votes: 2 1.7%

• Total voters
i said this when it was i development but why marvel netflix was willing to put themselves on the summer jam screen for iron fist of all characters id beyond me.

the character and his lore are problematic for the world they set up.

his whiteness doesn't play in 2017

the show runner scott buck didn't seem all that invested.

just seem like a giant L waiting to happen.

Looking back, they didn't have to cover Luke's full origin in S1.

Could've kept it street crime NYC villains.

Then tackle his origin in s2 and then revisit his whole framed for murder issue.
Well they did lock him up before he finally got his coffee so it may be the main focus of S2

That's an understatement. They're straight slamming the show. Yikes.

I kinda feel sorry for Finn Jones. He's receiving a lot of backlash. If you want to be mad that they casted a white man, go after the ppl who casted him, not the actor.

He's just acting, man lol

Hasn't the character always been white? People dumb if they're hating on the actor for that.

Reviewer's seem tight that he's a white dude who knows kung fu. Meh, will probably still enjoy.

Last edited:
Reviewer's seem tight that he's a white dude who knows kung fu. Meh, will probably still enjoy.
That's all you took from the reviews?

The overarching complaint was that it was a boring drama from the start with very little action in it. And when they do have action scenes it's short and not that great

Only 1 review mentioned him being white.

Last edited:
They sound like the people in the Bruce Lee bio movie who were mad Bruce was teaching martial arts to everyone.

That's an understatement. They're straight slamming the show. Yikes.

I kinda feel sorry for Finn Jones. He's receiving a lot of backlash. If you want to be mad that they casted a white man, go after the ppl who casted him, not the actor.

He's just acting, man lol

Hasn't the character always been white? People dumb if they're hating on the actor for that.
Yea...he actually terminated his twitter cuz the slander got bad

The same folk, upset/uncomfortable white folk, who didn't like Luke Cage are all defensive in comments on sites

No review would stop me from checking out the Netflix MCU anyways. If it's really boring i'll just cut my binge short.

Nah, no matter how bad I'm finishing IF. There's only been a few shows so bad I refused to finish em. I fought my way through 6+ seasons of Weeds and Dexter although I couldn't stand them.

One reviewer claims that the episode directed by RZA seems to capture the Kung Fu Spirit and may be a highlight in the second half.

I still haven't finished weeds. It got so dumb especially with the middle son turning into a psychopath and thinking murder is no big deal.

Last edited:
I still haven't finished weeds. It got so dumb especially with the middle son turning into a psychopath and thinking murder is no big deal.
Finished it about 4 years ago and all I remember is I liked it for a couple seasons but it started to become a joke

Nancy Botwin and her nips had me craving milfs and weed.

Last edited:
After reading these reviews, I think IF is their attempt to go back to what made JJ and DD S1 successful in the sense that it'll have one long plot, instead of starting out fast in Luke Cage and DDS2, and having a completely different plot in season 2. I'm cool with that, but I think the lack of action and slow burn is gonna have people be not so receptive.

Last edited:
Yeah can't have another strong first half, ok second half kinda deal. Feels like they're starting slow, and may try to build and end big.

Where are y'all reading reviews? Are they by any sites worth a damb? :nerd:

I know recently Finn took a L on twitter and got all that race hate aimed at him about how his character isn't depicted as a white savior in the series but that don't got anything to do with the show as far as Twitter haters.

Looking back, they didn't have to cover Luke's full origin in S1.

Could've kept it street crime NYC villains.

Then tackle his origin in s2 and then revisit his whole framed for murder issue.

Well they did lock him up before he finally got his coffee so it may be the main focus of S2
No. I meant S1 is strictly all NYC villains so after Cottonmouth it would've Black Mariah and Tombstone Luke had to face or Pirahana Jones or Deadly Nightshade.

Then in S2 we would've got Diamondback stalking Luke from the shadows as he tracked down the doctor with Claire and if they want that corny street fight half way through. Then Luke would've got arrested and they'd do what I assume they'll do next season.

Although, I don't know how they're addressing/explaining Luke back in NYC in the Defenders u less that takes place in the future.

^
Netflix's Iron Fist Reviews

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/review/marvels-iron-fist-review-984200
After the successes of 'Daredevil,' 'Jessica Jones' and 'Luke Cage,' Marvel and Netflix have their first big misstep

http://www.polygon.com/tv/2017/3/8/14712744/iron-fist-review

Iron Fist is not the strongest of its siblings, but team dynamics being what they are, it’ll no doubt benefit from the association. There will be plenty of folks out there who watch the show to keep up with the overall plot of the Marvel Netflix shows, and to see how Iron Fist presumably sets up for The Defenders later this year. Unfortunately, I can’t say at the moment that there are other reasons to binge.

http://m.ign.com/articles/2017/03/08/marvels-iron-fist-episode-1-snow-gives-way-review

Marvel's Iron Fist starts off sluggishly, seeming far more like a soap opera than a superhero series, complete with bland, pretty, rich people sneering and scheming over family fortunes.

http://variety.com/2017/tv/reviews/marvels-iron-fist-netflix-review-finn-jones-1202004027/

“Marvel’s Iron Fist” is deadly — in all the wrong ways.

Quite a few dramas in the streaming arena have pacing problems, and even Netflix’s better Marvel programs have displayed an affinity for contrived, time-killing subplots. But “Iron Fist” is the most frustrating and ferociously boring example of Netflix Drift in some time.

Back
Top Bottom